Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Fiiish said:

Christmas is fine, it's the berks who think Christmas begins on November 1st who deserve nothing but coal and overcooked sprouts.

My point about Christmas is the false friendliness/bonhomie adopted by many people, just be friendly for the rest of the year to people, not just for a few days at the end of the year.
    I thought youfr point was that you had to be five to enjoy Christmas?
    Yep that as well, its for kids. But the false friendliness irks me more.
    I get wound up by all the shops advertising about quickly they can now deliver orders. Race to the bottom and all becomes quite pathetic and repetitive after a while.

It seems the race is on from Nov 1st to get the advert out there that winds me up the most.

Thankfully I've avoided the bastion of middle England's waitrose advert for the last few years.

what I do like is skysports 10 football league games in 10 days where they have someone like Phil Brown going 'oh it's great'

Nope, Bradford vs Rotherham isn't great
  • edited November 2017

People that don't like Christmas.

Its the bollocks.

You’re right it is bollox!
    This doesn't surprise me.
  • Yeah, love Christmas meself. Love the food, the cold weather, the snowflakes and most of all, the good will.

Rob knows.

• Someone at work who seems to have a digital watch alarm go off at 12pm each day.

For starters who even wears a digital watch these days and even in the event people prefer them why do they need to set the alarm for 12pm to remind them it's lunchtime ffs?

I could understand if it was set early in the morning to wake up for something but just to remind you it's 12pm and it's lunchtime...They could even use the clock on the computer screen they've been looking at all morning why set an alarm so others have to hear it?

• Someone at work who seems to have a digital watch alarm go off at 12pm each day.

For starters who even wears a digital watch these days and even in the event people prefer them why do they need to set the alarm for 12pm to remind them it's lunchtime ffs?

I could understand if it was set early in the morning to wake up for something but just to remind you it's 12pm and it's lunchtime...They could even use the clock on the computer screen they've been looking at all morning why set an alarm so others have to hear it?

Maybe he wants to get into trap one for a daily hand shandy before the lunchtime rush starts?

Could be to take medication, a friend of mine has the alarm on his phone to remind him to take his heart pills.
  • Adidas getting the new Scotland kit absolutely spot on and having nowhere to wear the bastard thing
  • ‘The West Ham way’

What utter bollocks, where has this myth even come from?

Every other set of fans who think their team invented attacking (total)? football
  • Fiiish said:

Christmas adverts anytime before 1st December.

Haven't even finished the first week of November and literally every ad is Christmas.

Reckon Ofcom or the Advertising bods should force these people to donate £100,000 to a homeless charity for every early Christmas ad they run.

I've seen a lot of people saying things like "Now Halloween is over, it's Christmas time!!"
    I remember when Christmas didn't get going until December 1st. How has it moved forward an entire month? Christmas becomes much less special when it's celebrated for 1/6 of the year.
    There's somebody near me who already has huge motorised decorations outside their house.
    I hope they feel embarrassed; I bet they don't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Let me at those F ing Farrows Marrowfat Peas!

Let me know if it works.
  • Adidas getting the new Scotland kit absolutely spot on and having nowhere to wear the bastard thing

Lovely shirt. Looks like the 82 one.
  • Re Christmas, just got an email from M&S with their Christmas ad 'Paddington and the Christmas Visitor', oops accidently deleted it.
  • Hearing Man United fans with London accents or home counties accents on Talksport.
  • When you can't find your glasses because you're not wearing your glasses.
  • Greenie said:

That George 'Johnny' Johnson the last surviving Dambuster has only just been awarded an MBE. It didn't take them long did it FFS!
    Member of the British Empire? He and his like saved the bloody British Empire.
    If he had cycled round in circles at an Olympics he would of been a Knight by now!
    What the hell has happened to my country? Where did it go?

It's a dam shame.
  • Greenie said:

That George 'Johnny' Johnson the last surviving Dambuster has only just been awarded an MBE. It didn't take them long did it FFS!
    If he had cycled round in circles at an Olympics he would of been a Knight by now!

They've made a rod for their own back on the honours system, if they stop handing them out for sport, they are denigrating legitimate future achievements but every time they do they devalue the civilian and military honours, in my opinion.

I think it should be a post career thing for sportspeople.
  • This guy and charity workers are doing something for the country or to help other people.

Sportspeople are doing for themselves to get some kudos and glory, not sure why they need these gongs.
  • Sponsored links:

Greenie said:

I agree totally about the overdue award. I don't entirely agree with the problem with sportsmen or entertainers getting awards. Knighted businessmen and civil servants are also only doing their job, and they bring me no joy whatsoever. In fact quite the contrary - most of the fuckers annoy me. I have enjoyed (some of) the music of Sir Mick, Sir Cliff and Sir Paul, I have cheered and enjoyed the achievements of Sir Mo, Sir Chris and Sir Steve. Sir (Insert name of Whitehall bigwig) or Sir (Insert name of rich bloke) are far more deserving of scorn, IMHO...
  • When you synchronise your pisses with someone else, either at work or the pub. That awkward moment when you follow them into the khazi for the 3rd time in a day.
  • Struggling to get up to speed with a new role at work. Manager is crazy busy and has barely spoken to me in my time here. Sends me an email with a massive 55 tab excel model that I've never seen before. Expects me to be able to update it including all assumptions and have a solid quality assured output in less than 2 days. No guidance no nothing.

I'm good at what I do, work knows that which is why I was given this role which is in a high profile and really busy area. I just need to be given some support to actually start up. Everything is new and I feel like I'm getting zero support.

Am I being unreasonable?
  • Struggling to get up to speed with a new role at work. Manager is crazy busy and has barely spoken to me in my time here. Sends me an email with a massive 55 tab excel model that I've never seen before. Expects me to be able to update it including all assumptions and have a solid quality assured output in less than 2 days. No guidance no nothing.

I'm good at what I do, work knows that which is why I was given this role which is in a high profile and really busy area. I just need to be given some support to actually start up. Everything is new and I feel like I'm getting zero support.

Am I being unreasonable?

No I dont think so... Feels like you're being put behind the wheel of a car on your first Driving Lesson and being given the instruction of: "Just go for it" rather than being given the theory behind how you should start

Am I being unreasonable?

No I dont think so... Feels like you're being put behind the wheel of a car on your first Driving Lesson and being given the instruction of: "Just go for it" rather than being given the theory behind how you should start
    Which is British management's default induction process.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!