Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• The see through plastic film that covers almost all ready meals. Instructions usually say "remove sleeve & plastic film", but when you go to pull off the plastic film all it does it pull of the 1cm bit that overlaps the container, so you end up with little pieces of edge & the rest is still intact. You then have to piece the film and open it that way to remove the remaining 99% that's left.

wtf is that all about ?? If you want to make the product that way & have to remove the plastic before cooking, at least make it removable.

I dunno why this made me laugh, but it really did.
  • The see through plastic film that covers almost all ready meals. Instructions usually say "remove sleeve & plastic film", but when you go to pull off the plastic film all it does it pull of the 1cm bit that overlaps the container, so you end up with little pieces of edge & the rest is still intact. You then have to piece the film and open it that way to remove the remaining 99% that's left.

wtf is that all about ?? If you want to make the product that way & have to remove the plastic before cooking, at least make it removable.

I've thought that so many times in my life, a genuine head bender this one.

I had come to the conclusion, HAD come to the conclusion that the more expensive microwave meals used superior plastic film that would come away in one go. Nope! Had a marks & Spencer one last week and the integrity of the film was not of a standard to be simply peeled back

• Struggling to get up to speed with a new role at work. Manager is crazy busy and has barely spoken to me in my time here. Sends me an email with a massive 55 tab excel model that I've never seen before. Expects me to be able to update it including all assumptions and have a solid quality assured output in less than 2 days. No guidance no nothing.

I'm good at what I do, work knows that which is why I was given this role which is in a high profile and really busy area. I just need to be given some support to actually start up. Everything is new and I feel like I'm getting zero support.

Am I being unreasonable?

Well known management technique - sink or swim :wink:

They do it to weed out the "I can't even pull the film off a microwave mealers" from the "I can't even boil and eggers"
  • Struggling to get up to speed with a new role at work. Manager is crazy busy and has barely spoken to me in my time here. Sends me an email with a massive 55 tab excel model that I've never seen before. Expects me to be able to update it including all assumptions and have a solid quality assured output in less than 2 days. No guidance no nothing.

I'm good at what I do, work knows that which is why I was given this role which is in a high profile and really busy area. I just need to be given some support to actually start up. Everything is new and I feel like I'm getting zero support.

Am I being unreasonable?

To be fair it is only adding up and taking away.
  • Sainsbury's in Eltham has had a minor refurb. There are more self-service tills now and that's great as I prefer them, one reason being I like to get my £1 back for the car park so I can keep it in the car. Anyway I also like to use a trolley, the shallow ones, and now trolleys have their own self service tills. Was there today and all four of them were being used and all four customers scanned their items and put them lose in the packing area, some of them ridiculously neatly! Please people BAG AS YOU GO!!!! Put your bag in the packing area and put your goods straight into said bag! Saves you and everyone else time.
  • That I both keep getting and forgetting to check for old £1 coins in my change yet the buggers won't take them back off me when I next try to spend them.
  • Foreign registered HGVs that display a different registration mark on the trailer to the truck, and the fact that it appears literally all of them are doing so, not just the odd one or two.

This has been a soap box subject of mine for a while, and my experience is that it is unusual for a foreign registered HGV to have corresponding plates on both trailer and truck. I've just driven back from Scotland and every single foreign registered HGV I checked during the journey had a different plate on the trailer to the truck.

Does anyone know what the benefit/advantage gained from doing so would be - defeating average speed check cameras was one I thought of but even that wouldn't work surely as they are taking the front plate only every time.

• Sponsored links:

• Foreign registered HGVs that display a different registration mark on the trailer to the truck, and the fact that it appears literally all of them are doing so, not just the odd one or two.

This has been a soap box subject of mine for a while, and my experience is that it is unusual for a foreign registered HGV to have corresponding plates on both trailer and truck. I've just driven back from Scotland and every single foreign registered HGV I checked during the journey had a different plate on the trailer to the truck.

Does anyone know what the benefit/advantage gained from doing so would be - defeating average speed check cameras was one I thought of but even that wouldn't work surely as they are taking the front plate only every time.

That's how it works here, the truck and the trailer have different registrations.
  • Thank you Algarve
  • That I both keep getting and forgetting to check for old £1 coins in my change yet the buggers won't take them back off me when I next try to spend them.

Sainsbury's car park takes the old £1 and then you can get a new one back when you've done your shopping. I would imagine most car park machines still take them.
  • Is cantersaddick secretly KM?
  • The way scientists think they’re simplifying stuff for the proletariat. The recent discovery of a new planet for example.

‘We report the discovery of OGLE-2016-BLG-1190Lb, which is likely to be the first Spitzer microlensing planet in the galactic bulge/bar, an assignation that can be confirmed by two epochs of high-resolution imaging of the combined source-lens baseline object.’

The thing is at 13 times the size of Jupiter it ain’t exactly small. If they were that clever they’d of spotted it years ago.
  • The pregnant pauses on seemingly every light entertainment show before a decision is announced. It adds nothing. It's dead air time.

That and people asking me a question, me answering it, and then because the questioner has the mental capacity and attention span of a prawn and the manners of a pig, they ask me the same fucking question again.
  • Strangers striking up a conversation at the urinal
  • McBobbin said:

When you synchronise your pisses with someone else, either at work or the pub. That awkward moment when you follow them into the khazi for the 3rd time in a day.

Yep, the small talk soon wears thin.

Reminds me of this classic...

https://youtu.be/shNQn1z-rkk
    This country :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• The drive I’m going to have back from Plymouth this morning and the fact that I’ve woken at 4am .
  • The way scientists think they’re simplifying stuff for the proletariat. The recent discovery of a new planet for example.

‘We report the discovery of OGLE-2016-BLG-1190Lb, which is likely to be the first Spitzer microlensing planet in the galactic bulge/bar, an assignation that can be confirmed by two epochs of high-resolution imaging of the combined source-lens baseline object.’

The thing is at 13 times the size of Jupiter it ain’t exactly small. If they were that clever they’d of spotted it years ago.

The same people write the instructions when you press the "help" button on computers...

The same people write the instructions when you press the "help" button on computers...
    There’s a help button!?!
  • edited November 2017

Strangers striking up a conversation at the urinal

Ha! I did this to Johnny Jackson after the pre season at Greenwich Borough this year. Was actually telling my missus about it a couple of nights ago as we were talking about the disappointment of meeting your heroes when I said I'd been stood smoking a fag on the corner of Clipstone street near radio 1 many years ago and saw Liam Gallagher pottering about but didn't want to speak to him in case he was a twat and I had to iron him out and then take down all my oasis posters.

Anyhow Jackson has been my favourite Charlton player since mendonca so was chuffed when he took the urinal next to the one I was using in the portakabin toilets at GBFC.

Struck up a well meaning, well wishing conversation but he was uncharacteristicslly very cold and wary which left me feeling disappointed and embarrassed as if I was being perceived as some sort of oddball cottager that prowled lower league grounds in the summer months on fishing expeditions.

As my wife pointed out when I mentioned it the other night she said he was probably short because you were stood at the urinals with your cocks in each other’s hands rather than him not being chatty which I have consoled myself is probably true to some degree.

Either that or he just thought I was a bit of a c***. The truth is probably somewhere inbetween and I will likely ponder it for the remainder of my days.

• People who send meeting invites the evening before they want to meet you. Don't be surprised when I decline or fail to respond. Similarly people who send agendas the day before.
  • Lateness if you have a work appointment.

Anything up to 15 minutes I can accept but beyond that, it's just rude, disrespectful and discourteous.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!