Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• edited November 2017
    The Goth World Cup on Lamacq show. How can the final be The Cure - The Hanging Garden v The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary ???
    Bauhaus knocked out in the semi's, travesty. Much as I love The Cult this is not Goth.
    And how can you pick Lucretia to represent the Sisters...

I'm off to sit in a dark room and stare at the floor.
  • Stoke City

Having watched the game v Leicester earlier on TV today and the highlights now on MOTD I appreciate they're sponsored by bet365 but isn't it a bit much to have your stadium named the bet365 stadium as well? Not only that but to have bet365 in white seats in one of the stands as well.

I might be missing something but i'd be furious if The Valley was renamed The Betdaq Stadium with Betdaq splashed across the East Stand in white seats.

I realize they have a fairly new ground but i'd still be furious if we moved to North Greenwich and had Betdaq splashed everywhere in name, seats everything. Surely as a Premier League club of 10+ years you can attract better than a betting company to be your main sponsor unless i'm missing something?
  • Stoke City

Having watched the game v Leicester earlier on TV today and the highlights now on MOTD I appreciate they're sponsored by bet365 but isn't it a bit much to have your stadium named the bet365 stadium as well? Not only that but to have bet365 in white seats in one of the stands as well.

I might be missing something but i'd be furious if The Valley was renamed The Betdaq Stadium with Betdaq splashed across the East Stand in white seats.

I realize they have a fairly new ground but i'd still be furious if we moved to North Greenwich and had Betdaq splashed everywhere in name, seats everything. Surely as a Premier League club of 10+ years you can attract better than a betting company to be your main sponsor unless i'm missing something?

What do you think Bob Munro ? :wink:
  • Stoke City

The Coates familly own Bet365 and Stoke so they're just promoting their brand.
  • iaitch said:

Stoke City

The Coates familly own Bet365 and Stoke so they're just promoting their brand.
    Fair enough, guess that makes sense why the choice of sponsor. Still not sure i'd be happy with a gambling firm's name on the stadium and on the seats but that's a seperate debate.
  • So many clubs now have shirt advertising for betting/gambling companies, money talks I presume.
  • I don't like it whe they say "over now to the Bet365 / Macron / John Smiths stadium where there's been a goal". I have no idea who they are talking about & lose the plot. The day The Valley is re-named I'll stop supporting the club.
  • sillav nitram really gets on my tits!
  • Christmas adverts anytime before 1st December.

Haven't even finished the first week of November and literally every ad is Christmas.

Reckon Ofcom or the Advertising bods should force these people to donate £100,000 to a homeless charity for every early Christmas ad they run.
  • Fiiish said:

Christmas adverts anytime before 1st December.

Haven't even finished the first week of November and literally every ad is Christmas.

Reckon Ofcom or the Advertising bods should force these people to donate £100,000 to a homeless charity for every early Christmas ad they run.

Should have just left it @ Christmas Ads

The hype around them now is so annoying and we know that with Sainsburys / John Lewis there will be some marketing ploy from the retailer!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2017

Greenie said:

Kate Garraway (again) - does not listen to what her interviewee is saying, just talks over them with her crap. If you have someone in the studio to interview, let them bloody speak, appalling women.

Film remakes, so the 20th remake (maybe) of Murder on the Orient Express is out, why? This was written in 1933 FFS. Write some new stuff will you, we know what happens.
    We really have embraced mediocrity.

Nothing can beat the 1974 epic, directed by Sidney Lumet & had a stellar cast. I know a lot of the dialogue off by heart I've seen it so many times.
    I especially look forward to the crap bit right at the end when they realise, I presume after filming, that there is a plot hole and have to dub in the voice of the Greek doctor offscreen with a further bit of info, "Undoubtedly..........." so that it all makes sense.
  • I love living by in Canada, but it does wind me up sometimes living next door to the Yanks. I saw a bed with one of those electric adjustable mattresses today being marketed as a 'Lifestyle Bed'!

WTF is that supposed to mean? Are they suggesting you make being in bed your lifestyle? This kind of vacuous branding can have only originated in the US.
  • edited November 2017
    People who don't tidy up after themselves in shops. If you knock something off a shelf by accident, pick it up and put it back. Try on a jumper, put it back on the hanger where you got it from. Tried on a pair of shoes, box them back up with the tissue paper stuffing etc and put the box back on the shelf, don't leave the shoes and packaging stroon around the aisle of the shop so I have to clear them out of the way to push my daughter's buggy around the shop.

I spent a day at the outlet mall today, some shops looked like they'd been turned over by a particularly untidy burglar. It's a) really quite anti social and makes it harder for other shoppers to see and find stuff they might want, and b) betrays a disrespect for the people working in the shop who probably end up having to stay late to tidy up afterwards.
  • edited November 2017

People who don't tidy up after themselves in shops. If you knock something off a shelf by accident, pick it up and put it back. Try on a jumper, put it back on the hanger where you got it from. Tried on a pair of shoes, box them back up with the tissue paper stuffing etc and put the box back on the shelf, don't leave the shoes and packaging stroon around the aisle of the shop so I have to clear them out of the way to push my daughter's buggy around the shop.

I spent a day at the outlet mall today, some shops looked like they'd been turned over by a particularly untidy burglar. It's a) really quite anti social and makes it harder for other shoppers to see and find stuff they might want, and b) betrays a disrespect for the people working in the shop who probably end up having to stay late to tidy up afterwards.

I’m just wondering if there is burglar who has a tidy up after he has ransacked the place he has just knocked over?!?! :wink:
  • British immigrants who buy tumbledown stone cottages here and think it can be fixed up with a few quid here and there.

I've spent hours organising / adjusting and re-adjusting quotes for a customer and the essentials on their property, eg. removing wildlife, making the stairs safe, making the roof watertight, making the electrics conform, etc. only to find out yesterday they signed a contract in the Summer with a local ground worker to put a pool in (Cheapest most basic pool being around €25k).
  • Christmas = false bonhomie bollocks!
  • People that don't like Christmas.

Its the bollocks.

Yes if your'e five.
  • Fiiish said:

Christmas is fine, it's the berks who think Christmas begins on November 1st who deserve nothing but coal and overcooked sprouts.

My point about Christmas is the false friendliness/bonhomie adopted by many people, just be friendly for the rest of the year to people, not just for a few days at the end of the year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

Fiiish said:

Christmas is fine, it's the berks who think Christmas begins on November 1st who deserve nothing but coal and overcooked sprouts.

My point about Christmas is the false friendliness/bonhomie adopted by many people, just be friendly for the rest of the year to people, not just for a few days at the end of the year.
    I thought youfr point was that you had to be five to enjoy Christmas?
  • Oh yes on the Christmas subject, people who go to works Xmas parties wearing Deely Boppers, because it means that they are crazy.....yawn!
    Practically every works do Ive been on always has someone, invariably a bird, wearing these.
  • edited November 2017
    I was chatting to the Mrs last night and we both agree that in what we see the UK is very insular in that neighbours no longer greet one another, people rarely say morning in the street and almost no one seems willing to speak to a stranger in the way they would a new barber for instance.

Then Christmas comes around and it's all 'merry Christmas' here, there and everybloodywhere.

I like it.
  • Greenie said:

Oh yes on the Christmas subject, people who go to works Xmas parties wearing Deely Boppers, because it means that they are crazy.....yawn!
    Practically every works do Ive been on always has someone, invariably a bird, wearing these.

And the male equivalents have a mug at work that says 'you don't have to be mad to work here, but it helps'
  • Greenie said:

Fiiish said:

I thought youfr point was that you had to be five to enjoy Christmas?
    Yep that as well, its for kids. But the false friendliness irks me more.
  • Yeah, love Christmas meself. Love the food, the cold weather, the snowflakes and most of all, the good will.

We lit our log burner for the first time since March last week and I don't think theres a better feeling than sitting there with fire cracking away, the dogs laid out and David Attenborough talking about jellyfish on the box.
  • People that don't like Christmas.

Its the bollocks.

You’re right it is bollox!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!