Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• iainment said:

PopIcon said:

iainment said:

PopIcon said:

PopIcon said:

Cyclists who jump red lights, absolute dickheads.

Car/van/lorry drivers that jump red lights and do a lot more damage than a push bike
    Most cyclists who jump red rights are self-righteous pricks who think that its an acceptable thing to do.
    That's also true of the drivers who jump red lights.
    I see at least 10 brazen cyclists jump red lights in the city every day, it is like they are above the law. The occasions I see cars jumping red lights its when they are trying to push through after an amber. I ride both a bicycle and drive a car, I see everything.
    Still a red though. Amber means stop doesn't it?
    I'm getting the vibe that you are one of those self-righteous pricks who run red lights on a daily basis. You are wearing Lycra now and probably go on cycling holidays with your "bike friends".
  • iainment said:

PopIcon said:

iainment said:

PopIcon said:

PopIcon said:

Cyclists who jump red lights, absolute dickheads.

Car/van/lorry drivers that jump red lights and do a lot more damage than a push bike
    Most cyclists who jump red rights are self-righteous pricks who think that its an acceptable thing to do.
    That's also true of the drivers who jump red lights.
    I see at least 10 brazen cyclists jump red lights in the city every day, it is like they are above the law. The occasions I see cars jumping red lights its when they are trying to push through after an amber. I ride both a bicycle and drive a car, I see everything.
    Still a red though. Amber means stop doesn't it?
    Amber mean stop, unless it is unsafe to do so.

At least it did when I passed my test 23 years ago
  • My missus has a nut allergy, won't go anywhere near mine.

Ive never had this problem with her.
  • Addicks in Dubai thread title.
  • Anyone ignorant about nut allergies really should watch this.
    Hopefully you'll never eat nuts again on planes, trains and the like. Absolutely tragic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7OBcz6sUv4

@golfaddick
    Obviously I feel sorry for that poor girl & its tragic what has happened to her, but she ate something that had nuts in it - the OP was about somebody opening a pack of peanuts in a train when he (or she) was in the same carriage - not really the same is it. As I said before, I had no idea that a nut allergy sufferer could be affected in this circumstance - and if you asked anyone on here I doubt if many, or any, people would think that either.

I still think it over the top that you can get annoyed because someone opens a packet of peanuts on a train. - they weren't aware that you suffer from a nut allergy. Perhaps you should carry a sign round with you alerting people.
    You obviously didn't watch the whole video. It was explained by an expert that exactly the same reaction could have occurred if someone was to open nuts near her in an enclosed space.

I'll say it to you again. I was not pushing for them to be banned simply bemoaning the lack of awareness and suggesting people would be more careful and considerate if they knew.
  • edited October 2017

Anyone ignorant about nut allergies really should watch this.
    Hopefully you'll never eat nuts again on planes, trains and the like. Absolutely tragic.

@golfaddick
    Obviously I feel sorry for that poor girl & its tragic what has happened to her, but she ate something that had nuts in it - the OP was about somebody opening a pack of peanuts in a train when he (or she) was in the same carriage - not really the same is it. As I said before, I had no idea that a nut allergy sufferer could be affected in this circumstance - and if you asked anyone on here I doubt if many, or any, people would think that either.

I still think it over the top that you can get annoyed because someone opens a packet of peanuts on a train. - they weren't aware that you suffer from a nut allergy. Perhaps you should carry a sign round with you alerting people.
    Like in Peanazi Germany - I'll get me coat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone ignorant about nut allergies really should watch this.

@golfaddick

If you watched the whole 5 mins, you will have heard that eating nuts in confined places like trains and especially planes can KILL people. The awareness is trying to be raised and airlines won't ban them I believe because they are afraid of possible legal repercussions.

I'm absolutely disgusted that anyone could be so selfish as to insist on eating nuts on a plane, when they could actually kill someone. It takes selfishness to a whole new level.
    If you know about it.

I remember getting cross on a plane when told not to eat nuts as a person was on with a nut allergy. I'd bought peanut butter sandwiches with me. I didn't eat them but was quite peeved I had to pay Ryanair their inflated prices for a snack.

Don't knowingly bring nut products on anymore. It's cheese or marmite sandwiches now!
  • iainment said:

@golfaddick

If you watched the whole 5 mins, you will have heard that eating nuts in confined places like trains and especially planes can KILL people. The awareness is trying to be raised and airlines won't ban them I believe because they are afraid of possible legal repercussions.

I'm absolutely disgusted that anyone could be so selfish as to insist on eating nuts on a plane, when they could actually kill someone. It takes selfishness to a whole new level.
    If you know about it.

I remember getting cross on a plane when told not to eat nuts as a person was on with a nut allergy. I'd bought peanut butter sandwiches with me. I didn't eat them but was quite peeved I had to pay Ryanair their inflated prices for a snack.

Don't knowingly bring nut products on anymore. It's cheese or marmite sandwiches now!
    Ham's nice
  • ...or pork haslet
  • edited October 2017
  • iainment said:

@golfaddick

If you know about it.

Ham's nice
    Nuts to you. ;-)
  • edited October 2017

...or pork haslet

What about people with nut allergies though?
  • ...or pork haslet

What even is that ?
  • bbob said:

...or pork haslet

What even is that ?
    Meatloaf
  • Stig said:

...or pork haslet

What about people with nut allergies though?
    Sorry, didnt think about that.
  • bbob said:

...or pork haslet

What even is that ?
    Dont they sell anymore?
  • Sponsored links:

• bbob said:

...or pork haslet

What even is that ?
    Meatloaf
    Yeah, similar to meat loaf
  • bbob said:

...or pork haslet

What even is that ?
    Meatloaf
    Yeah, similar to meat loaf
    Pork Haslet has got much more of a cabaret feel about it. Meatloaf sounds really industrial

I like the sound of pork Haslet, I mean like the name
  • People that turn up late at the cinema.

Just been to watch Bladerunner 2049 again (fell asleep for some of it the first time around) and the start time is listed as 12.15 , yeah I know it ain't going to start then but there were people still wandering in popcorn in hand at 12.45 once it had started .
  • buckshee said:

People that turn up late at the cinema.

Just been to watch Bladerunner 2049 again (fell asleep for some of it the first time around) and the start time is listed as 12.15 , yeah I know it ain't going to start then but there were people still wandering in popcorn in hand at 12.45 once it had started .

You'd have hated continuous performances from back in the old days then. People would be coming and going all through the film.
    If you got there 10 minutes after the start you'd watch the film, the support film and then catch the first 10 minutes of the next performance and go.
    No one seemed to mind too much.
  • edited October 2017
    iainment said:

@golfaddick

If you know about it.

Some airlines announce that some people on board have nut allergies and some passengers still insist on eating nuts.

Some airlines have actually removed the person with a nut allergy and left them stranded abroad. Shocking.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for the airlines to show that video before take off and announce that they won't be selling nuts, before asking passengers to refrain from getting their nuts out :smile:
  • Do you have to declare this allergy when booking a flight?

Can't say I've noticed but I don't have any allergies.

• buckshee said:

Inconsiderate fuckers. I hope they didn’t wake you up?
  • iainment said:

@golfaddick

If you know about it.

Some airlines announce that some people on board have nut allergies and some passengers still insist on eating nuts.

Some airlines have actually removed the person with a nut allergy and left them stranded abroad. Shocking.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for the airlines to show that video before take off and then announce that they won't be selling nuts and then ask passengers to refrain from getting their nuts out :smile:
    It wouldn't be a proper holiday without your nuts out though, would it?
  • buckshee said:

Inconsiderate fuckers. I hope they didn’t wake you up?
    Funny thing is last time I dozed off for fifteen minutes about two thirds of the way in. Today it was five minutes at the start.
  • bbob said:

...or pork haslet

What even is that ?
    Meatloaf
    "You took the words right out of my mouth" ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!