Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Peanuts aren't a nut they are a legume, so I'm calling bullshit on this one
  • Carter said:

Why, out of all the snacks available and places to eat said snacks would someone choose to do so on a train.

Because I haven't given it any thought that a nut allergy sufferer would be affected by me eating a packet of nuts. I am one of the most tolerant people going but I hadn't even thought that this would be a problem to anyone but me. In future I will refrain from eating any nuts if I am within 50 feet of another person. Perhaps you can ask all the railway & bus companies to put up notices like they do re smoking and ask the Government to put out an ad campaign like they did for AIDS back in the last 80's.

there, will that do.
  • Peanuts aren't a nut they are a legume, so I'm calling bullshit on this one

buckshee said:

People that eat bags of nuts on trains. Come on. The most common allergen which 17% of people under 30 are allergic to. Why eat this in an enclosed environment where the air is recycled and continuously recirculated around. Ffs. I've had to move carriages 3 times already and the train hasn't even left. Only happens when I leave work early.

People with "nut" allergies.
    Why the quotation marks? The two most common allergens: peanuts and other or tree nuts. Yes they are separate allergens. Despite there being no scientific link between the 2 it's incredibly common to be allergic to both. Hence the common term "nut allergy" which encompasses both.

Or whoosh?
    I refer the gentleman to my previous comment. Different allergen. Surprisingly often someone is allergic to both.
  • edited October 2017

Carter said:

Why, out of all the snacks available and places to eat said snacks would someone choose to do so on a train.

Because I haven't given it any thought that a nut allergy sufferer would be affected by me eating a packet of nuts. I am one of the most tolerant people going but I hadn't even thought that this would be a problem to anyone but me. In future I will refrain from eating any nuts if I am within 50 feet of another person. Perhaps you can ask all the railway & bus companies to put up notices like they do re smoking and ask the Government to put out an ad campaign like they did for AIDS back in the last 80's.

there, will that do.
    Hence why I was saying there is a need for awareness.

Again that's ridiculous and your clearly ignoring all my points. Not saying you can't eat them near anyone ever. It's the enclosed spaces with recycled air problem. I said people need to be more aware to be more considerate. If you're on a train that's not very busy you are probably fine. If it's very busy best to avoid or at least be very careful with cross contamination. That's all.

I'm not going to reply to any more of your posts on the matter as it seems to be your time of the month.
  • Above post not related to nut allergy
  • MrOneLung said:

Why doesn't the twitter thread open at last post I read?

I dont know, why doesnt the twitter thread open at last post you read?
  • Sorry I thought it was a joke, we'll look into it

• Awaits Louis Theroux documentary into the hidden cost of nut based suffering

• Sponsored links:

• so, I can't eat peanuts because somebody may have an allergy, I can't eat a sausage roll in case in might offend any Jewish people that might be on the train also and I can't have a beer in case a recovering alcoholic may "fall off the wagon" and join me.

do me a favour - get yourself a car & then you can control your own environment. Never heard so much twaddle in my life. What the f**k is the world coming to. ? can't eat a bag of peanuts on a train just in case you might be on it - let me know in future when & where you're going & I'll clear the train in advance for you .

Lol, you should have your own tv show or something.
  • To be honest im still annoyed that they banned wanking on public transport.

• edited October 2017
    C_A_F_C said:

To be honest im still annoyed that they banned wanking on public transport.

This needs a mass debate if true
  • Jewish people aren't going to be offended if you eat a sausage. They certainly won't be in danger of an anaphylactic shock at any rate
  • The 'celebrity' called Amy (I've no feckin idea..) on tipping point right now. It's a quiz show so why have a celebrity who's obviously had her head up her bottom for her adult life and is beyond clueless. *she'll win the 10 grand now*
  • edited October 2017
    I fucking knew it....! Although it's 20 grand for charity so a good result.
  • Amy Childs.

Not the brightest (avalanche question) but I still would.
  • The amount of companies now jumping on the emotional/family orientated tv adverts. Banks are the worst, but I saw one for Hive the energy company the other day with a Dad and a kid and apparently having a smart energy device can give you more time for ‘the important things in life’

Vomit inducing shite
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:

Amy Childs.

Not the brightest (avalanche question) but I still would.

Oh all day long mate! Well, 3 minutes.
  • PopIcon said:

iainment said:

PopIcon said:

PopIcon said:

Cyclists who jump red lights, absolute dickheads.

Car/van/lorry drivers that jump red lights and do a lot more damage than a push bike
    Most cyclists who jump red rights are self-righteous pricks who think that its an acceptable thing to do.
    That's also true of the drivers who jump red lights.
    I see at least 10 brazen cyclists jump red lights in the city every day, it is like they are above the law. The occasions I see cars jumping red lights its when they are trying to push through after an amber. I ride both a bicycle and drive a car, I see everything.
    Still a red though. Amber means stop doesn't it?
  • Anyone ignorant about nut allergies really should watch this.
    Hopefully you'll never eat nuts again on planes, trains and the like. Absolutely tragic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7OBcz6sUv4

@golfaddick
    Hopefully you'll never eat nuts again on planes, trains and the like. Absolutely tragic.

Got 30 seconds into that video & couldn't watch any more.

Absolutely awful

@golfaddick
    Obviously I feel sorry for that poor girl & its tragic what has happened to her, but she ate something that had nuts in it - the OP was about somebody opening a pack of peanuts in a train when he (or she) was in the same carriage - not really the same is it. As I said before, I had no idea that a nut allergy sufferer could be affected in this circumstance - and if you asked anyone on here I doubt if many, or any, people would think that either.

I still think it over the top that you can get annoyed because someone opens a packet of peanuts on a train. - they weren't aware that you suffer from a nut allergy. Perhaps you should carry a sign round with you alerting people.
  • No more rhymes...I mean it

Anybody want a peanut?

@golfaddick
    Obviously I feel sorry for that poor girl & its tragic what has happened to her, but she ate something that had nuts in it - the OP was about somebody opening a pack of peanuts in a train when he (or she) was in the same carriage - not really the same is it. As I said before, I had no idea that a nut allergy sufferer could be affected in this circumstance - and if you asked anyone on here I doubt if many, or any, people would think that either.

I still think it over the top that you can get annoyed because someone opens a packet of peanuts on a train. - they weren't aware that you suffer from a nut allergy. Perhaps you should carry a sign round with you alerting people.
    If you watched the whole 5 mins, you will have heard that eating nuts in confined places like trains and especially planes can KILL people. The awareness is trying to be raised and airlines won't ban them I believe because they are afraid of possible legal repercussions.

I'm absolutely disgusted that anyone could be so selfish as to insist on eating nuts on a plane, when they could actually kill someone. It takes selfishness to a whole new level.
  • Bands on the tube, I mean what the fuck!!!!

Came out of a meeting at lunchtime and jumped on the Circle Line at Cannon Street to go back to Victoria. Train pulls into the next station and 6 blokes get on, two with trumpets, two with percussion instruments, one with a battery powered unit on a trolley playing a backing track and one with a battered Costa coffee cup holding it out for money.

They belted out god awful songs right next to where I was siting and then the one with the Costa cup shoves in my face as if I was going to slip a tenner in it.

He quickly read my face and moved along.................good read son.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!