Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• The bl****y car advert for DS Automobiles. wtf is that all about. Some women singing something in French....doing my nut in !!
  • bbob said:

Just got on a bus that stank of KFC.

Sat down and noticed the stench was emanating from the empty seat in front of me, when I looked over, someone had left 3, 3/4 eaten KFC chicken bones on the seat.

Not in the box on the seat, just the f ing bones on the seat, who are these people, do they live on a garbage dump!

Fucking animals, actually that’s unfair on animals, there(that’s for you bbob,are ya gonna book me;)) worse than animals, animals wouldn’t do that!

they're
    I know, I knOW, I KNOW, I BLOODY NO!
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves.
  • Fiiish said:

Dazzler21 said:

Fair point on houses, however if I were at a car boot sale...

Many people on eBay, Schpock etc do just the opposite though - Put stuff on at a price higher than the lowest they'd accept just in the hope someone will pay it.

Annoying but true.

I'd rather people did as you say you would Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish.

The problem is imperfect information and anticipating how buyers on things like Schpock and Gumtree behave. Lets say I'm selling a desk. Ideally I want £50 for it. But I don't know if anyone else thinks it's worth £50 (imperfect information) and I know if I put it on for £50 I will not receive any offers at that price because every buyer now tries to lowball you. So I put it on for £60 or £70, with full expectation no one will offer to pay that price for it, but buyers now know the range they can make offers in. Now £50 is perhaps my hard lowest (ie I will automatically accept any offer at least as good as that) but maybe I'll accept £40 if the item still hasn't sold after a few weeks?

The problem is if I want 50, I have to say 60 or 70. And if someone asks me what the lowest I will accept is and I truthfully answer 50, they will still offer lower. Which defeats the whole point.

I don't put it at a higher price because I am trying to scam buyers, I genuinely don't know what is the true highest price that I will get but I know what my expectation is and have to anticipate the fact that the vast majority of buyers will make an offer at around 20% give or take of the list price on these websites. It's a self-perpetuating cycle, yes, but if you follow the rules it works. If you try to circumvent the rules but demanding to know the seller's preferences up front then the system falls over.
    Can you deliver the desk on Wednesday (before 12) and does it include the lamp and your post from the photo?
  • Wine "experts", pompous twats.
  • Canned Farrow Peas.

Not the peas themselves but the cans.

Most cans now have the easy open, ring pull system apart from cheapskates, FARROWS PEAS!

I've emailed them and they said they'd look into it but I imagine it's too costly to change there whole production to accommodate, funny how everyone else can (scuse pun).

Oddly - my can opener has problems with the Farrow tins n’all.

It never removes the lid properly but works for all other cans.

I always end up bending knives trying to lever the partially removed lid.

Bastards.....it’s a conspiracy I tell ya!
  • edited October 2017

Canned Farrow Peas.

Not the peas themselves but the cans.

Most cans now have the easy open, ring pull system apart from cheapskates, FARROWS PEAS!

I've emailed them and they said they'd look into it but I imagine it's too costly to change there whole production to accommodate, funny how everyone else can (scuse pun).

Oddly - my can opener has problems with the Farrow tins n’all.

It never removes the lid properly but works for all other cans.

I always end up bending knives trying to lever the partially removed lid.

Bastards.....it’s a conspiracy I tell ya!
    Same with my can opener, so I threw it away thinking it was that and haven’t replaced it!

B’stards so it was the cans and not the opener, now I’ve got fork out 12 squid, hardly seems worth it, just for the odd can.

Why couldn’t you have posted this 2 months ago, so inconsiderate:(
  • When several things break at the same time. So far this month: the microwave, my son's bed and the washing machine.
  • Stig said:

When several things break at the same time. So far this month: the microwave, my son's bed and the washing machine.

Make sure the microwave and Washing machine have different length warranties... A warranty is based on the companies estimates of how long the item WILL almost certainly last for. The time after is just a gamble.
  • Stig said:

When several things break at the same time. So far this month: the microwave, my son's bed and the washing machine.

As for your sons bed. See Paddys post to be avoided by Seth plum a while back about how that happened.
  • The pack of coffee beans I used this morning which stated that the strength, on a scale of 3 to 7, was a 4.

What the hell is that about? You can't just choose random parameters for your scale. On a scale of 1 to 5, like everyone else uses, it was a 2. Don't try and fool me into thinking it's a 4. Nonsense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

Opening my convection oven and getting a face full of steam that covers my glasses and renders me temporarily blind.

Hang your head in shame. What the hell was Mrs Stig doing - she should be in the kitchen and you should be sitting on the sofa necking an ice cold beer (brought to you from the kitchen by the wife)
  • The Charlton Athletic Official site.

It seems no longer possible to see a complete list of the season's fixtures. All you get is the Wimblesdon game and a stupid calendar graphic showing October's fixtures.

Keep on making life hard for the old gits you don't want Katrien!
  • LenGlover said:

The Charlton Athletic Official site.

It seems no longer possible to see a complete list of the season's fixtures. All you get is the Wimblesdon game and a stupid calendar graphic showing October's fixtures.

Click left and right through the months and you get the rest of the Fixtures / Results
  • LenGlover said:

Fucking hell Len! I'm as keen as they come to heap dung and rotten semen on the regime but you've sold yourself short here, the fixture list is possibly the easiest navigatable part of the website
  • Stig said:

As Sade said: You're luck is shit....
  • Riviera said:

Stig said:

As Sade said: You're luck is shit....
    Or as Albert King said: If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at at.
  • The fact babies can't tell you why they're crying... But also that a bottle is always the last thing you try!
  • Dazzler21 said:

The fact babies can't tell you why they're crying... But also that a bottle is always the last thing you try!

They could, they just don't want to...
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

Click left and right through the months and you get the rest of the Fixtures / Results
    Thanks Katrien, what would we do without you?
  • How many times tv programmes and presenters are going to refer to the clocks going back and we all get an extra hour in bed tonight. Then invariably someone goes ‘oh I’m really going to need it’

Ffs it’s ridiculous. The whole country knows the clocks are going back. I don’t need to hear it every 20 minutes

I think bbc breakfast are mentioning it every 5 minutes
  • cabbles said:

How many times tv programmes and presenters are going to refer to the clocks going back and we all get an extra hour in bed tonight. Then invariably someone goes ‘oh I’m really going to need it’

Ffs it’s ridiculous. The whole country knows the clocks are going back. I don’t need to hear it every 20 minutes

Does anyone know if the clocks go back this weekend?
  • cabbles said:

How many times tv programmes and presenters are going to refer to the clocks going back and we all get an extra hour in bed tonight. Then invariably someone goes ‘oh I’m really going to need it’

Does anyone know if the clocks go back this weekend?
    I'm more interested to see if the cocks go back, now, how's the 'Takeover Imminent' thread getting on?
  • edited October 2017
    T.C.E said:

Other peoples attitudes with their dogs. :i.e. allowing their dogs to get in in my dogs face despite him being on a lead. He's scared of other dogs and despite his size the smaller ones scare him the most. But I will have to muzzle him (my choice) to prevent him harming another dog because the owner has no ******* manners.

Mmmmm.....not sure about this over simplification TCE, saying people have no manners. It’s more your problem than theirs wouldn’t you say?
    My dog is the most gentle loveable lad you could wish to find.
    He loves meeting people and other dogs and I quite happily allow him to run free as I know he won’t be an aggressor in ANY situation should it arise. We both get great pleasure in allowing him to do so. He arrives with his tail wagging and leaves with his tail wagging.
    If someone has a dog with an aggressive nature then I’m afraid I see it as way more their problem, not ours.
    I am maybe one of those dog owners who you describe as bad mannered and I ain’t having any of it!
    If it’s a significant problem then you have no choice other than to muzzle it......I’m not going to prevent Zuben from being his gentle, inquisitive playful self because there is the odd dog around that has some behavioural problems that dear Zuben hasn’t.
    Only ever seen him get nasty twice when the same dog stupidly tried to mount him in the space of five minutes, he won’t stand that for a second .......he’s been neutered by the way and will be five next April.
  • edited October 2017

T.C.E said:

Other peoples attitudes with their dogs. :i.e. allowing their dogs to get in in my dogs face despite him being on a lead. He's scared of other dogs and despite his size the smaller ones scare him the most. But I will have to muzzle him (my choice) to prevent him harming another dog because the owner has no ******* manners.

Mmmmm.....not sure about this over simplification TCE, saying people have no manners. It’s more your problem than theirs wouldn’t you say?
    He loves meeting people and other dogs and I quite happily allow him to run free as I know he won’t be an aggressor in ANY situation should it arise. We both get great pleasure in allowing him to do so. He arrives with his tail wagging and leaves with his tail wagging.
    If someone has a dog with an aggressive nature then I’m afraid I see it as way more their problem, not ours.
    I am maybe one of those dog owners who you describe as bad mannered and I ain’t having any of it!
    If it’s a significant problem then you have no choice other than to muzzle it......I’m not going to prevent Zuben from being his gentle, inquisitive playful self because there is the odd dog around that has some behavioural problems that dear Zuben hasn’t.
    Only ever seen him get nasty twice when the same dog stupidly tried to mount him in the space of five minutes, he won’t stand that for a second .......he’s been neutered by the way and will be five next April.
    The difference is you shouldn't assume that the other owner wants your dog to play with their dog. TCE makes it very clear that his dog is scared of other dogs, not dangerous to them. All dogs are dangerous when they are scared to a certain point though, especially the breed TCE has, hence why he muzzles them.

The mouth is 90% of a dog's physical manipulation. They need it in order to pick things up, play, taste or defend themselves. A muzzle means a dog cannot do anything of these things so no wonder a dog that is already scared of other dogs will get very distressed if it has a muzzle since it cannot defend itself.

As a general rule, if another person's dog has a muzzle there is a good reason for it and you shouldn't just let your dog go up to it.
  • Women carrying their dogs!!!

It’s a fucking dog, not a handbag FFS
  • T.C.E said:

Dogs are on a lead for a reason. Guide dogs, Assistance dogs, dogs maybe recovering from injury as well dog on dog aggression. I hope for your dogs sake you don't meet the wrong dog on your walk, because I'm afraid you may well have problem.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!