Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Van hire companies in 2017 still not having reverse parking sensors on their effin transit vans , oh and why do every single one of their driver only ever listen to kiss?
  • Options
    Wilma said:

Oh, and why go onto a quiz show if you don't know anything about anything.

I auditioned for Pointless once, we did the best of anyone on the day and managed a pointless answer for one of the rounds. Did not get picked as we weren't interesting enough. Did spot another couple we auditioned with - who knew practically nothing - on the show later, picked because they had a better back story. They pick people/teams who are going to be interesting on the show regardless of if they actually know anything about anything!

That would explain why most contestants have their banter ready since they have already gone through a rehearsal. Mind you the last episode I watched the most interesting thing about a team seemed to be the fact they were Irish.
  • Options

Another good one on Pointless was when some dopey mare was asked what happened in Dallas in November 1963, she replied I never used to watch it back then.

Or name anyone in a photo of the England cricket squad with The Queen and Prince Philip and the dithering old fool came out with "Well, I obviously know the Queen and Prince Philip, but none of the others"
  • Options
    Wilma said:

Oh, and why go onto a quiz show if you don't know anything about anything.

I auditioned for Pointless once, we did the best of anyone on the day and managed a pointless answer for one of the rounds. Did not get picked as we weren't interesting enough. Did spot another couple we auditioned with - who knew practically nothing - on the show later, picked because they had a better back story. They pick people/teams who are going to be interesting on the show regardless of if they actually know anything about anything!

I expect most shows are like this, that explains why there are so many freaks on tv quizzes rather than people who are actually any good. With a few exceptions (Mastermind, University Challenge and Only Connect) we don't watch quizzes to be dazzled by the brilliance of the contestants. Far better if Average Joe sitting in his Smethwick bedsit has someone to feel superior to, rather than someone to admire.

It's a shame though with Pointless. I like the programme and think it's an excellent format, but the mindless chatter in round one really does my head in. Just tell us their name, hometown and relationship to their playing partner. That'd just take a few seconds. We don't need to know any more.
  • Options
    Also in Pointless when Osman and Armstrong have to have a funny routine than seems to go on far longer than necessary.

At this point I'm shouting 'Is this a quiz show or what?'
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Also in Pointless when Osman and Armstrong have to have a funny routine than seems to go on far longer than necessary.

At this point I'm shouting 'Is this a quiz show or what?'

They make my teeth itch them two
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Another good one on Pointless was when some dopey mare was asked what happened in Dallas in November 1963, she replied I never used to watch it back then.

Or name anyone in a photo of the England cricket squad with The Queen and Prince Philip and the dithering old fool came out with "Well, I obviously know the Queen and Prince Philip, but none of the others"
    We were at the filming of that one! Big pause after she said that to run the tape back to make sure Richard had said "Including the old couple in the middle" when he asked them to identify everyone on the picture. Met Zander and Richard between shows (my mate Debbie is the chief make up artist on it). As nice in real life as they seem. Which would explain why you don't like them, mate... :lol:
  • Options
    People who wish to be know by their initials, JK Rowling etc. Tony McCoy was always Tony McCoy, why did he suddenly become AP McCoy?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The incredible profit margins vets place on animal drugs, Bailey is on lifetime drugs and what vets don't like to tell you is if that the case you can request a prescription and source them direct from the same surplier. I have done exactly that for 5 years now and must have save a fortune. The top are online suppliers for Thyforon
    Vetuk = £37.10
    Animed = £40.50
    My vets= £153.90....
    That is for four month supply!
  • Options
    Stig said:

Fiiish said:

People who stick BA (Hons) on their business title or in their email signatory.

We've all been to uni love, stop embarrassing yourself.

We've got someone in our office who just has to get MBE on the end of everything from emails to powerpoint presentations. It does absolutely nothing for his credibility.

Stig, BSc (Hons)
    When we moved into our flat the incumbent tennant introduced himself as "Doctor". I remember thinking good man as a very noble profession and vocation etc. I asked him what field he worked in and he then admitted he was a doctorate in computer studies.

FFS
  • Options

Stig said:

Fiiish said:

We've got someone in our office who just has to get MBE on the end of everything from emails to powerpoint presentations. It does absolutely nothing for his credibility.

Stig, BSc (Hons)
    When we moved into our flat the incumbent tennant introduced himself as "Doctor". I remember thinking good man as a very noble profession and vocation etc. I asked him what field he worked in and he then admitted he was a doctorate in computer studies.

FFS
    Did he arrive by Tardis holding a sonic screwdriver?
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

I once met the Director at the Hospital for Tropical Diseases (he was a real doctor of medicine) and he was a Sir as well as a Professor. I didn't know whether I should address him as Sir Professor or Professor Sir.....
  • Options
    On a train yesterday, stopped at Herne Hill by the coffee shop on the platform.

Sign in the window 'So Open'.

What is it with 'so' being used so much?
  • Options
    Agree on the BA (Hons) at least BSc let's you know there was some rigour to their degree, but an MBE and a PhD? I reckon they deserve their day in the sun!
  • Options
    iaitch said:

That would do my nut in that

Bit like when I frequented a cafe in Golden Square every weekday for about 2 years and you got the constant "Can I get this..." "Can I get that..."
  • Options
    iaitch said:

People start sentences with it these days. Just watch those instagram stories videos that tv presenters post , it’s painful. That along with saying “I mean” constantly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    golf clash, in general being v addictive and also at times wanting me to put my iphone through the window
  • Options
    The increased use of the false equivalency fallacy. You see it all the time in the media and on here and it grinds my gears.
  • Options

The increased use of the false equivalency fallacy. You see it all the time in the media and on here and it grinds my gears.

I think there is a slightly different meaning between the two words. False means not according to fact, something that is undeniably wrong, whereas a fallacy is something based on an unsound argument or mistaken belief.

• Options
    limeygent said:

Fads.

Another one....
  • Options
    limeygent said:

limeygent said:

Fads.

Another one....
    Are the fads you point out current in the states? I've not seen car eyelashes or heavy mods like that in London for some time. Nor really big subs in the boot - what happened to those? Kids are more into throwing acid at each other and stealing mopeds here right now.
  • Options
    I think the eyelashes are on the decline, as are the big bass speakers, but these suspension mods seem to be on the increase.
  • Options
    Green hair.....
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I'm sure I've posted this before but the duplicity of HMRC specifically re not refunding corporation tax when losses are subsequently made and carried back against previous profits.

Every time, despite correct completion of their corporation tax return (Form CT 600), I have to write separately (sometimes more than once) having completed the following year to generate the rightful refund owed to the Company in question.

I work for a very small firm and thus deal with the same people year on year so am aware if refunds are not made. Larger firms rotate staff so outstanding refunds can and will easily 'fall between the cracks.'

If I was a cynic I'd think HMRC withhold these refunds deliberately in the hope of 'getting away with it' for the reason I've given but they wouldn't do such a thing surely? :neutral: