Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Getting a phone call at 4am from my 16 year old son, who had just fallen from a 7ft gate and now has an ankle the size of a balloon. The annoying part is sitting in a hospital with a 4 hour waiting time.

Would it be impolite to ask what your 16 year old son was doing trying to scale a 7' gate at 4am? :wink:
    Nothing untoward! Just on his way home.
    Blimey, how does the wife manage to get home ?
  • Getting a phone call at 4am from my 16 year old son, who had just fallen from a 7ft gate and now has an ankle the size of a balloon. The annoying part is sitting in a hospital with a 4 hour waiting time.

Would it be impolite to ask what your 16 year old son was doing trying to scale a 7' gate at 4am? :wink:
    Don't you trust him with a key?
  • 2 hrs to get Hammersmith, to drop my daughter off to see game grumps. I’ve the choice of going home and then turning round as soon I get in to pick her up, or waiting for her, here. In a pair of shorts and a tee shirt, might have pop into a pub for a Diet Coke and a Jimmy.
  • edited October 2017
    Riviera said:

Getting a phone call at 4am from my 16 year old son, who had just fallen from a 7ft gate and now has an ankle the size of a balloon. The annoying part is sitting in a hospital with a 4 hour waiting time.

It was the gate of the park that he was taking a short cut through. I don’t think he’s got a key for that.
  • edited October 2017

Getting a phone call at 4am from my 16 year old son, who had just fallen from a 7ft gate and now has an ankle the size of a balloon. The annoying part is sitting in a hospital with a 4 hour waiting time.

Blimey, how does the wife manage to get home ?
    It’s not an issue - she’s not allowed out the house :smiley:
  • Riviera said:

What for the Park Gate he was jumping over?
    Whhhhhooooooossssshhhhhh!
  • Riviera said:

Riviera said:

What for the Park Gate he was jumping over?
    Whhhhhooooooossssshhhhhh!
    Oh, ok.
  • MrOneLung said:

Fiiish said:

That someone is selling an island they own the freehold for for £5million.

And that freehold only exists because someone's grandad's grandad was a mate of the king.

5 million quid just for your ancestor knowing the right people. And this is allowed to happen in 21st century Britain.

hey man - all land is stolen.

Peace.
    "You can't like, OWN property, man"
  • limeygent said:

Fads.

They sell you a dodgy sofa?
  • Sponsored links:

• limeygent said:

F'rinstance...

What fooking mug came up with that idea and what fooking numpty ran with it?
  • Dazzler21 said:

limeygent said:

F'rinstance...

What fooking mug came up with that idea and what fooking numpty ran with it?
    They're all over the place.
  • edited October 2017
    Days like today where it seems everything is against you from people to machinery. And now after a shitter of a day I am on a train home after a few bevs and the fegging train is delayed at Hither Green because of a poxy signal failure. Fuck you Murphy and your law.
  • Cyclists at night without lights. Nearly got run over by one last night while I was walking the dog on an unlit pathway. He (the cyclist not the dog) was wearing all black and it was a cloudy dark night so I didn't see him until he was about 2' away from me, and he was riding on the wrong side of the path. When I pointed out he might like to invest in a cheap set of lights in the interests of not injuring himself or other people I got a mouthful of abuse, but then this seems to be standard these days that everyone is always belligerently in the right and any suggestion of ways they might improve their behaviour to everyone's benefit is always just aggressively dismissed.

People, not necessarily you, who rant at cyclists who have lights, stop at red, don't ride on paths etc as if we know the reprobates.
  • The term snowflake and users of said term
  • Last time I remember hearing someone use the word Trigger I was watching Only Fools and Horses.
  • Sponsored links:

• That we dont have a song for Ricky Holmes
  • I have a specific thing that is annoying me right now, I have caps on my front teeth since breaking them when I was 7. They needed replacing so I’ve been dentist, had an hour of drilling, had moulds taken, had temporary stuff put on for two weeks until the new ones are ready. Appointment to fit the new ones is Monday.

Just tried to eat an olive, but down on the stone, half the temporary cap has fallen off and now my teeth hurt a bit but don’t fucking hurt

Do I wait until Monday or get another temp fix done today or tomorrow or self medicate? Decisions decisions.
  • I have a specific thing that is annoying me right now, I have caps on my front teeth since breaking them when I was 7. They needed replacing so I’ve been dentist, had an hour of drilling, had moulds taken, had temporary stuff put on for two weeks until the new ones are ready. Appointment to fit the new ones is Monday.

Just tried to eat an olive, but down on the stone, half the temporary cap has fallen off and now my teeth hurt a bit but don’t fucking hurt

Do I wait until Monday or get another temp fix done today or tomorrow or self medicate? Decisions decisions.

Have you tried Gorilla Glue?
  • That we dont have a song for Ricky Holmes

Ricky, Ricky Holmes
    Ricky, Ricky Holmes
    Ricky, Ricky Holmes
    Ricky, Ricky Holmes

Super, Super Rick
    Super, Super Rick
    Super, Super Rick
    Super Ricky Holmesy

Ricky Holmes
    Ricky Holmes
    Ricky, Ricky Holmes
    He's got girls hair
    But we don't care
    Ricky, Ricky Holmes.

• bbob said:

I have a specific thing that is annoying me right now, I have caps on my front teeth since breaking them when I was 7. They needed replacing so I’ve been dentist, had an hour of drilling, had moulds taken, had temporary stuff put on for two weeks until the new ones are ready. Appointment to fit the new ones is Monday.

Have you tried Gorilla Glue?
    Unfoetunately in between swearing and showing the bar staff what had happened I dropped the broken bit on the floor and tried on it.. :neutral:
  • When you go for a wee and kinetic energy forces the seat to permanently want to fall down
  • Made plans and booked a nice round of golf for myself and 3 mates for this morning on my day off and all 3 cry off with bullshit excuses. Mrs wonders why ive got the arse :neutral:
  • Dazzler21 said:

The term snowflake and users of said term

On the contrary, I think it is very apt.
  • Dazzler21 said:

The term snowflake and users of said term when attempting to be offensive

A snowflake is beautiful, individual and rare. Therefore to use it as an insult is illogical and pretty darn silly.

The rarity of snow in the uk surprises me sometimes... Especially at Christmas, they never flipping arrive for Christmas despite those weather predicting C***s telling us year on year there's a chance of a white Christmas, No chance isn't the one I want....

I just want a day of heavy snow fall on Christmas day please you stupid bloody weather.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

The term snowflake and users of said term when attempting to be offensive

A snowflake is beautiful, individual and rare. Therefore to use it as an insult is illogical and pretty darn silly.

The rarity of snow in the uk surprises me sometimes... Especially at Christmas, they never flipping arrive for Christmas despite those weather predicting C***s telling us year on year there's a chance of a white Christmas, No chance isn't the one I want....

I just want a day of heavy snow fall on Christmas day please you stupid bloody weather.
    Sums up quite a few if you ask me, present company excepted Daz.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!