Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oldham v Charlton 2017 post-match views

edited September 2017 in General Charlton
The battle of the Athletics, to find out which club is truly worthy of the grandiose, highly coveted title.

Round one goes to the Addicks. The true athletics of the Football League, for now.

Another solid win in a ding-dong-doodoo battle for the ages.

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like an epic

Peterborough drop their first points as they only draw at Doncaster, amazingly Shrewsbury are now second!
  • Options
    Said at half-time that this second half would be a good test of this team's promotion credentials. Are they up for a good, physical fight (as Chris Powell's team were here in the 2012 promotion season) or will they fold?

I think the result answers that question.
  • Options
    Did we make hard work of that, or did we make hard work of that?

Just imagine how easy it would have been if Roland had provided us with a strike force? What's that, our new striker scored on his debut?
  • Options
    Was sure we'd slip up with two of our most important gone.
    Not great defensively but I'm happy with any win in the circumstances.

I have a feeling this year is ours , we are just so good going forward.
  • Options
    Definitely worth taping the highlights tonight then :-)
  • Options
    3 points at the end of the day. The promotion push is well and truly on!
  • Options

10 goals in our last 3 games, including 6 goals in 2 successive games away from home.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get in!
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

get in, deffo a game we would have drawn/lost last year, well done KR and the team!

Said at half-time that this second half would be a good test of this team's promotion credentials. Are they up for a good, physical fight (as Chris Powell's team were here in the 2012 promotion season) or will they fold?

I think the result answers that question.

Both of these.

That was a very odd game of football. From the openness to the bookings to the penalty no one saw which really changed the game.

But in the end we had enough quality and saw the game out with some good set piece defending in the last ten minutes.

Said it about Rotherham away, and will say it again, these are the kinds of games promotion sides win, and I think we'd have drawn with Rotherham and lost this game last season.
  • Options
    I imagine the manager comments after the game will be interesting!
  • Options
    Curious as I'm away and not been to a game this season, is there a song for KR yet?

Robbos red and white army etc?
  • Options
    Next week Southend phil brown likes to attack which will suit us just fine. Happy times to be an addict. In KR i trust none of had heard of Doodo yet he pops up and does the business
  • Options

Curious as I'm away and not been to a game this season, is there a song for KR yet?

Robbos red and white army etc?

Fat scouser, sha la la
    Fat scouser, sha la la
  • Options
    Also the update from louis on twitter, dodoo gives away fk and Oldham have a chance to pump it into the box.....next update....dodoo heads clear, made me smile! Well done joe lad!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3 points again and I want to be positive but we made hard work of it at 4:2 against ten men.
    But 4 goals away from home ain't too shabby and after 5 real games together in a team which has a lot of new faces I feel a little optimistic tonight.
    Shame we couldn't find a fifth. Maybe next time.
  • Options
    Great result. We are getting promoted this year.
  • Options
    Winning is a great habit to get into, long may it continue
  • Options
    Have been away on holiday for the last load of results and am well happy with the way things are going. 3 away wins in a week(including Crawley)and the excellent display against Northampton, Fuck the Norwich game it means nothing. With players to come back and chances and goals coming freely we really are on the way up. Couldn't be happier!