Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The valley pitch!!!

Wasn't it today they we're suppose to start on the pitch? Can anyone confirm if there was any activity ie jcb's lorries etc at the Valley today

Comments

• Options
    Potatoe farmers have just been seen leaving with a lorry load.
  • Options
    @SportsPitchEng: Site setup almost completed @GreenFieldsTurf Charlton AFC pitch reconstruction project http://t.co/it0aiPqu6F

Seems that updates will most likely come from the above twitter page
  • Options
    They will be stuffed in there is a hose pipe ban this year. Will end up with a "Supporters need to water the pitch day"

They will all be given a pound shop watering can.
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

They will be stuffed in there is a hose pipe ban this year. Will end up with a "Supporters need to water the pitch day"

They will all be given a pound shop watering can.

Or a pint of john smiths..............
  • Options
    Interestingly enough my other half, who is ambulance crew, got a call last week to The Valley for someone who had been injured on the pitch. Guessing it was a corporate hire. She got bitten by a badass mosquito and has been on some fairly heavy antihistamines to combat the swelling and itching. Hopefully the new pitch will be considerably less of a swamp than that one was!!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Every green fingered west stand allotment holder will be down with thier watering cans. me and tango will be down the royal oak drinking scrumpy
  • Options
  • Options
    @SportsPitchEng: Groundbreaking at Charlton AFC in presence of groundsman Nathan and @greenfieldsport contracts manager Colin Lyons http://t.co/UDelOGB3vG

Few updates on here.
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought they would be doing all of the pitch? (:
  • Options
    Hope that's not going to be skipped. There are still potholes to fill.
  • Options
    Like it.
  • Options
    Do you think the comms team
    Reads Charlton life after I moaned that they didn't advertise that we're getting a new pitch , if they do can we announce a few signings and Riga now please before people start buying nooses ;)

Anyway that looks good and can't wait to see the pitch finished .
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yann897 said:

Do you think the comms team
    Reads Charlton life after I moaned that they didn't advertise that we're getting a new pitch , if they do can we announce a few signings and Riga now please before people start buying nooses ;)

Anyway that looks good and can't wait to see the pitch finished .

Nooses for sale in Club Shop by tomorrow ;0)

• Options
    "get US a decent pitch" Andy!

"Us"?

: - )
  • Options
    Will be done in time for our home match against Doncaster Rotherham or Orient next season
  • Options
    06.30 ! I bet that pleased the local residents.

The first stages of work to completely reconstruct the Valley pitch got under way at 6.30am on Tuesday morning with 2,700 tonnes of soil expected to be dug away over the next week
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/index.aspx#OdkJSlXH6OU6s2SH.99
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seats need repainting/replacing - looks awful in that video.

750 lorries over 1 week? Over 100 a day? I bet the locals really do love it at the moment.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

750 lorries over 1 week? Over 100 a day? I bet the locals really do love it at the moment.

They're replacing the faded seats over a 3 year process. Quite long but atleast it's getting done.
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

LuckyReds said:

They're replacing the faded seats over a 3 year process. Quite long but atleast it's getting done.
    The silly thing with the seat fading, is that it's the newer seats (from around 1997 onwards) that have faded badly, the original seats from 1992 still look nice and red!
  • Options
    Maybe our pitch wasn't so bad after all...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waJo6QzAmh8
  • Options
    Did he say they were giving the soil to Hackney Marshes, or they'd got it from Hackney Marshes?
  • Options
    Giving to.
  • Options
    Yeah can confirm work has started. Missus was there at a work function and she texted me pictures of diggers on pitch.