Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match views Charlton v Barnsley

was it as bad as it sounded and how about that ref, your comments please

Comments

• Options
    SHIT
  • Options
    No cutting edge yet again , beaten by a poor side which says a lot for us .
  • Options
    Terrible
  • Options
    Beaten by a very bad side. They even tried to help us a couple of times. When we did create we screwed up as normal.
  • Options
    A chance to give ourselves some breathing space and we fucked it.

As Charlton fans, did anyone actually believe it would be any different??
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with ref, Harriot if I don't ever want to see him play for Charlton again.Wood and Harriott's attempt at headers were disgusting.
  • Options
    Toothless
  • Options
    I've been confident that we'd stay up. I can't say that anymore. Awful performance in such an important game. Struggling to see where our next win is gonna come from if we play like that
  • Options
    Awful awful team that came here and showed us how to win ugly. Swap Sordell and O'Grady, we'd have won that comfortably.
  • Options
    They had two chances. We didn't pick up the eight foot centre half for a free header and Hamer got beaten by a cross. Sordell didn't shoot when clean through and we just about scored even though we tried not to.

Barnsley are the worst team we have played all year. Sordell - why?! Harriot - absolutely terrible!!! I don't know how he even managed to make it out for the second half!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bizarre team selection. Riga should've rested some players at Brighton with tonights game in mind as it was far more important. Ajdarevic being one of them.
  • Options
    Awful performance unfortunately better remembered for an atrocious ref. We didn't deserve anything put of that
  • Options
    The fact that they were so poor and we still couldn't create chances says all you need to know. I can see the unthinkable happening......Millwall stay up, we go down. Wasn't there a gloating thread a week or so ago?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Pish poor, Harriet missed header was the worst I've seen. Don't think they had two attempts on goal. One corner on the first half and they score, not sure what happened for their second other than Hamer didn't get it.

Can't believe the red let them time waste so much, should have booked some of them.
    Not sure where we go from here other than down.
  • Options
    First time I've said this about the new regime...but tonight was a poor team selection, unbalanced, and having watched the first goal I think Morrow may have gone with the run of the scorer, second goal was a fluke, but we have nothing up front and I'm not convinced that JR is the answer.....mind you with no strikers that can score I'm not sure Sir Alex could save us. This goes back to postponed matches because the previous bunch didn't fix the pitch problems, now we have a small squad playing 2 games a week and are clearly knackered. We are where we are, but not investing properly and selling out best players is the boards fault, old and new. Rant over......off to bed.
  • Options
    Can anyone actually remember the last time Harriott played well?

Why take two of your regular back four out of the starting line up at once?

Why did Ajdarevic not come on until it was too late?

Has anyone ever seen us lose to a worse side than Barnsley before?
  • Options
    Barnsley were the worst team I've seen at the valley this season and they beat us. Says it all really. Some shocking decisions....best attacking player on the bench til last 12 mins then brought on when we had a throw in, losing the momentum....the oh-so-left-footed Harriot out of position on the right having a shocker, moves to the left and has his best spell then immediately gets taken off. For all the plaudits he's getting, we have LESS goal threat under Riga and our goal difference has gone to pot. Good to see Solly back but looked rusty. Too many hoofs from the centre halfs - where was MM? Only Wiggins, Cousins and the subs Reza and AA came out of that with any credit. Dire dire dire.
  • Options

Utter wank!

On a positive note, am I right in thinking that Sordell is ineligible against Bolton...?

Don't tell UFEA, they might let him play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At least we had fight and never gave up
  • Options
    Oh and Wiggins clearly out long term (probably for the season). It literally couldn't have gone worse.
  • Options
    Harriot awful miss to make it 1-0.

Barnsley worst team I've seen this season. Which is a worry when we came close to losing 2-0 to them.

Can't believe the chance to go 18th was not incentive enough for us to at least shoot at the goal.

Disappointing.
  • Options
    Karma for thé postponed game earlier this season...
  • Options
    We were shit and ref was shitter
  • Options
    Trying to be objective. We didn't deserve to lose that but the fact that we did against an appalling team like Barnsley has sounded every alarm bell between here and Stevenage.

Hard to see a way back now for me. Bolton will be tough and I can see us needing 3 points at Blackpool.

Our lack of goals means that I think five points from our remaining games would be a good return.

Not sure that will do.

Gutted.
  • Options
    The famous Riga passing was not even evident tonight.

Absolutely shocking performance - no
    guile, no options and no hope.

I don't know if the tiredness is taking its toll but players aren't running into space or giving their teammates options to pass to.

Sordell and/or Obika are being asked to do all of the roles of different forwards - target man, channel runner and goalscorer. We are desperately short up there.

Beat Bolton and faith will return but I can't see it based on that.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Went to Brighton. Appalling. This,amazingly, sounded worse. Dead certs for the drop in my eyes.
    The poorest of poor squads cannot handle the barrage of games that has been thrown its way these past weeks. Especially when the fella conducting them knows English championship football and it's ways about as well as I know the inner workings of the Koran.
    His 'number out the hat' position selection policy is something else.
    Add to that a strike force that couldn't shoot its way out of a wall of tissue paper and you have a very decent ticket to league one.
  • Options

Utter wank!

On a positive note, am I right in thinking that Sordell is ineligible against Bolton...?

Don't tell UFEA, they might let him play.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Bolton allow him to play!! :-)
  • Options
    In over 40 years of watching us I have never seen such a piss poor set of strikers we could have had half an hours added time and still wouldn't have won