Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match views Charlton v Barnsley

Comments

• Options
    Amazing how people can see things differently , I thought we played better than we had done recently just lacked that cutting edge again, were the much better team , not that tht changes the result but I think we've played worse and won
  • Options
    We had two or three decent chances in the first half but you can't win games at any level of football if you can't score goals. We have their big centre half the run of the penalty area for the first goal and they got very lucky go the second.

That second goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of us, although we still squandered a few opportunities. I agree with East Kent Addick - these are certainly the worst set of strikers we've had since I've been coming down here.

Barnsley were really poor, with the exception of O'Grady. As their supporters sang, "How shit must you be, we're winning away."

A huge opportunity missed.

Let's hope Wiggins' injury isn't as bad as it looks.
  • Options
    I don't care if we dominated (we didn't though) its about putting the ball in the net and we never looked like doing that.
  • Options
    That was horrible.

I'll try and do it in some sort if order and a degree if objectivity.

Team selection. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Rest important players at Brighton, not in a game against Barnsley. Two of our most consistent performers in Wilson and Morrison rested for this crucial game. Why?

Harriott on the right. He had a mare. To be fair he didn't hide but jeez he was bad.

The front two. Probably the worst example of forward play I have seen. Both inept, unable to read the game and feeble. Sordell shoots from thirty yards with a pack of opponents in front of him but when clear he dallies and is tackled.

Barnsley were poor. Which makes our set up and desire even worse. the was huge incentive and we were not up for it.

Too be honest, after half an hour I was not worried at all. We had some chances, one gilt edged and looked comfortable.

From their first corner Barnsley score. That really knocked us and we didn't rally as we should have.

Not sure what happened for the second goal. Did Hamer duck?

Positives were Poyet, Jackson, Wiggins and especially Cousins. What with the recent Poyetmania I think Cousins has been overlooked somewhat. I thought he was excellent this evening.

Losing Wiggins us a huge blow. Reckon that's his season done judging by his reaction.

The ref allowed Dawson to ref the game for him and was shocking in his reaction to he obvious timewasting.

One final thing, watching O'Grady for them hold the ball up, pressure and centre backs and make a nuisance of himself is probably my biggest frustration. With respect to O'Grady, Kermrgant is twice the player he is and we let him go. We have absolutely nothin. Up front and this will cost us.
  • Options

I know mate I should've listened

I swear hamer ducked for the second

Couldnt see through his beard , honestly mate how bad are our forwards put piggott in and leave him in he couldnt do any worse.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    We are going to beat Bolton.

I desperately want us to beat Bolton.
  • Options

I know mate I should've listened

I swear hamer ducked for the second

He did. It beggared belief.
  • Options
    Footballs a fickle old game and I'm ashamed of some of the stuff Iv read mainly on Facebook and twitter , saying they have lost love for the club ect .
    We wasn't great I know but I don't think we deserved to lose they got a goal against the run of play and a flukey cross and mistake from hamer .
    Thought cousins solly and Jackson were good . It's still in ours hands at the moment . Everyone's depressed but a win against Bolton still puts us in a very good position.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good teams pick a team and stick with it at this level
    This change/rotation b##locks is utter shite
    What did Jose do tonight pick names out of a hat?
  • Options
    I think we have to face facts that if by some fluke we avoid the drop will next season be any better with no cash and abject loans?
  • Options
    Barnsley were awful and we lost to them. If we play like that we deserve to go down.
    Defending for their first goal was a joke and their second a fluke.
    Our forwards were hopeless and I felt sorry for Harriott who had a total mare.
    Not sure what Riga is up to with his team selections - seems very random.
    Thoroughly depressing!
  • Options
    If Wiggins is out then that's us cooked.
  • Options
    WTF was Hamer doing for the 2nd? Or should I say what wasn't he doing? Catch/punch/palm away the ball, you're meant to be a goalkeeper.

No, we didn't play that badly but the game is about scoring the most goals and Barnsley did that so they won. The rest is only gossip.

We weren't good enough on the night, nothing to do with the ref. Down to the players and coaches to get the points we need to stay up.

I've been saying for a while that I thought it would go to the last week or even the last game and I'm even more convinced of that now.

LLL&BH
  • Options

Riga just said that Wiggins is out for the season.

It's all very well blaming our probable relegation on a 20 year old winger for missing a header.

Me, I prefer to blame a 67 year old mathematician who knows less about football than I do, for selling our one decent striker. Oh, and the other jokers for not giving that striker a new contract earlier, so that this joker wouldn't find it so easy to sell him.

Like Like Like Like Like
  • Options
    A mediocre first half turned into a disgraceful second with a gutless uncommitted performance on par with Millwall at home, again in an important match.

Echo was others say about the line-up (no Wilson, Morro, AA, even Reza) and an awful Harriott in an awfully wrong position.

Front two were okay I thought first half but poor second. Wiggins continues to amaze. Cousins our best player.

Changes should have been made earlier.

No bottle, guile, wrong tactics and no leadership.... unfortunately Jacko and JR.
  • Options
    Sordell useless. Obika worse than useless. Harriot words fail me.

Barnsley were shit, we were shitter than shit up top.

First time I've have ever been pissed off by us scoring a goal...had 5.00 on 2-0 Barnsley at 14-1.
  • Options
    PWR

There is a kind of justice meted out by the Gods of football isn't there? The poxy postponement of the original game (take a bow Mr Bradshaw) came back to us big time today, and if you need proof that they decided to make it up to Barnsley, the Barnsley fans, how about their second goal then? Barnsley were textbook up to that point, and we conspired in the events of our defeat too with another WTF team selection and set up.
    No way was the referee to blame for anything, there was no penalty turned down as far as I could see at any point in the match, the last minute appeal was pathetic and no penalty as far as I could see either.
    So two loanees to lead the attack, Harriott out of position, and anyway he chose to have his worst game ever for us...I mean that miss in the first half was, sheesh I don't even want to think about it. Solly, but then no Wilson to make sense of it, although it seems they were sharing right back duties, no Morrison whose ariel presence may have prevented Barnsley's set piece goal, and then Reza comes on and thinks he can run the game, and he showed the effectiveness of a tissue out in the pouring rain. I could go on and on. Have we got any kind of talismanic force to deal with this relegation battle? Jordan Cousins, who is barely out of nappies in footballing terms was our best player, and Jacko tried so damn hard, and of course there was Poyet, but we really have nothing to suggest we can force any kind of authority on anyone.
    We were supposed to write off Brighton to concentrate on today, Riga says he would rather be in our position than Millwalls, so where was the evidence of a realistic effective game plan today? After the game Friday we will have no games in hand over Millwall Jose, will you still be so confident about our relative positions mate?
    There are no excuses at all, decisions made by the current regime have not cured our ills, we must not be relegated, we simply must not be...so what are we going to do about it?
    The crowd did their bit this evening, what about the club doing their bit too? Too pissed off to write any more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Couple of Points myself...

(1) Well done the fans... Harriott has a mare so they get on his back helping his head to drop even further... As for the header he's tiny its not gonna be something he'd work on, that chance was just sadly wrong player at the wrong time

(2) Long ball was just futile and played into Barnsley's hands especially the big lump Mvoto who won everything when the ball went near him

(3) Sordell... Why not shoot when your clear on goal either you score or you might win a penalty which you tried to get... Either way we'd have been back in it

(4) Chris Solly... Good to see him given game time but was always gonna be subbed

(5) Morrison / Wilson... They've worked their socks off for weeks so needed a rest, could have done it against Brighton but then had we lost by more with those two missing it could have damaged our GD (which could be extremely important) and had they been rested people would still have moaned wanting to know why

(6) Genius from Diego Poyet when subbed... Referee looked as confused as hell when he did it and Poyet had to explain why a few times it seemed - Should be put into the rule book depending which side of the pitch your closest to stop players time wasting

(For those not there his number came up to be replaced by AA when he was right by the East Stand, instead of wasting time he left the pitch that side allowing AA to come on from the West whilst Poyet walked around the edge of the pitch)
  • Options
    Wiggins carried our best attacking threat until AA came on. We will seriously miss him in the run-in. Harriot had a poor game but what a poor decision to play him on the right?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    utter and total kak.
    wrong team selection
    two piss poor teams
    a worse ref
    wiggins --looks like broken toes tome.

Sordel--------------get a bus,car,taxi,bike,skate board, --anything and feck this guy off. Utter and total useless prick.

Obika---bambie on ice --another useless twonk----see above ---feck off

Harriet----------------one of our own--------shoot him for feck sake shoot him--------awful. 14,000 would have made abetter attempt at his so called header. as for "at least he tried" REALLY well all of us would have tried as well. Just feck him off.

truely we are a very very poor team ---they were there to be smashed and yet they beat us.
  • Options
    It's not that we don't score goals, it's the fact we don't fecking shoot.

I've never seen a collective of players turn away from goals so many times when in reach of 25 of the goal than this lot.

Pathetic decision making and alarming lack of confidence.
  • Options
    In reality that was not daylight robbery from Barnsley, they had 6 and it may have been 7 shots on target, we had one. We didn't defend our set pieces and they did, we had no cutting edge. Didn't agree with the subs, it was our biggest game of the season left and we were taking off Solly/Poyet, barely attacking subs when Poyet is the only one who breaks up play and pushes us forward. While Reza just runs around and falls over.

Really bad game on our behalf, Barnsley were terrible but as far as chances go we didn't deserve much better, it's very worrying. Friday is going to come around very fast as is Monday, you can't keep changing your team about like that and Riga is now just guessing at playing players in positions. Sordell, Harriot needed to be off from half time to be honest.
  • Options
    10 goals conceded in 4 games. That supposed solidity Riga instilled has disappeared. Maybe that solidity was something to do with the pitiful and woefully out of form opponents we got some of those clean sheets again rather than him being a miracle worker.

Tonight was like a groundhog day it could've been any number of games this season. Dominant for the first half hour but we barely fashioned anything resembling a chance other than the Wood header from a corner and the inexplicable Harriott miss (cost us at Sheff U, cost as at Millwall... cost us some big games now this season).

One of our best players injured as well. Overall, couldn't really have gone much worse.

Why have I subjected myself to a life of this stress, disappointment and frustration.
  • Options
    When I saw the Solly's name on the team sheet I instantly looked down for Wilson and can't describe how much my heart sunk when I realised Harriott would be starting on the right.Took no pleasure in seeing him give the exact performance I expected.

If Bolton have any sense they'll have a clause forcing us to play Sordell on friday.

Another masterclass in gifting an awful side what they didn't deserve.
  • Options
    Remember Johnny Robinson? Right -footed, often played better on the left...

Anyone reading this would think Harriott has been a world-beater when playing on the left. Fact is he has one good game in 5, wherever he plays.
  • Options
    Sorry Seth but of course we'll still have a game in hand over Millwall they'll play the day after us away @‌ Middlesbrough

Its only us v Watford and Birmingham v Wigan on the final weeknight of the season meaning after they play Middlesbrough we'll get our game in hand back