Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yeovil vs. Charlton | Post Match Views 2013

WSSWSS
edited December 2013 in General Charlton
A comfortable first half, a crazy five minutes and a disappointing result in the end.

Safe trip back to the travelling addicks.

Comments

• Options
    Only got Derby next week...

Needed that win but we threw it away stupidly.
  • Options
    all I can say is powell don't read this your going to get bucket loads
  • Options

Yep. Rationality tends to go missing when we lose.
  • Options
    Gonna get spicy on here NLA. Can't face it tonight.
  • Options

CP read this if you have to read something, don't go near ITTV

• Options
    Relegation looks more certain every week. I didn't go today. Feel sorry for those who did go and were let down.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Uboat said:

Or draw?
  • Options
    Match fixing at it's finest! ;-)

I cannot wait to hear what Powell has to say. I think I will be even more pissed off it's the usual 'We just needed that bit of luck today.'
  • Options
    2-1 and panic stations,what a joke
  • Options
    Like OMG, I'm so depressed............ but I don't wanna talk about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is so frustrating it's a joke, letting yeovil get a result from that position is poor. It all comes down to going so negative when we start winning, it doesn't take much for teams to score against us when we sit back. It's not just powell who has done this as it is something we always been bad at. Utterly embarrassed by this
  • Options
    Still better than a defeat, a point is a point, not as good as three but better than none. No Jackson next week and presumably for two more after that.
  • Options
    WSS said:

I struggle to see how Powell can be blamed for this one. He didn't tell Morrison to put the ball in his own net, Andy Hughes to foul somebody in the penalty area or Jacko to get sent off.

It was a crazy five minutes of individual mistakes - the tactics/team selection looked to be fine and working up until that point. I don't agree we should've "gone for it" either with 10 men - losing that game would've been awful.

you and me both , the game changed with the cousins injury, but that will be his fault too I think any sane person needs to not come on here tonight

• Options
    Yes, Powell can't control an OG or a pen but he could have pushed on for a third and didn't. At 2-0 down they were there for the taking.
  • Options
    Giving away penalties isn't 'bad luck', it's poor defending.

Powell isn't responsible for the players' mental strength, they need to improve their reactions to conceding. Wasn't there a run last season of going a goal up only to bottle it?
  • Options
    Kermy said:

Relegation looks more certain every week.

Well it's a possibility, but we'll be in with a chance all the way. It won't be like last time.
  • Options
    WSS said:

I struggle to see how Powell can be blamed for this one. He didn't tell Morrison to put the ball in his own net, Andy Hughes to foul somebody in the penalty area or Jacko to get sent off.

It was a crazy five minutes of individual mistakes - the tactics/team selection looked to be fine and working up until that point. I don't agree we should've "gone for it" either with 10 men - losing that game would've been awful.

But WSS, I understand what you're saying but at the same time, it sounds as if we sat back on 0-2. We sat back against the team with the worst home form this season, only picking up 4 points before today. Now I love CP but if that's the case (and unfortunately I wasn't there to tell the tail today) then he deserves the stick.
  • Options
    Yeah Powell is gonna get slaughtered tonight... Even though I dont think he's the messiah... just cant agree with the fact that people thought it was bad Management...

Sounds to me like it was failure from the players to control themselves more like (what with the pen / red card).

Am guessing at Half-Time Powell said to the team to keep it tight at the back (fair enough) and get a third if you can (just dont take risks) and from the text updates on the website it sounds like we should have scored from a corner on 47mins and Church forced a good save from the GK shortly after so we certainly didnt just sit back and soak up the pressure.
  • Options
    WSS said:

totally agree WSS but at the end of the day - the Powell haters will be revelling in this. Seems like we were undone by some bad luck (Cousins injury & deflected o.g.) & two individual mistakes (pen & sending off). I have no idea how Powell can be remotely responsible for these incidents.

Hard to say if we were sitting back absorbing pressure, as like everyone else who wasn't there I can only go by what the commentators said.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Powell cannot be blamed for individual errors that cost us, in control for 70minutes and senior players have let us down
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Uboat said:

Or draw?
    Ha ha. Oh yeah. In all the wrist slitting on here I forgot we actually got something.
  • Options
    Can't believe at 0-2 up we didn't stick 4 strikers up front and go for it

More than happy with a point before the game ,not so much the way it panned out !

13th-21st 63% Bottom 3 37%
  • Options

Yes, Powell can't control an OG or a pen but he could have pushed on for a third and didn't. At 2-0 down they were there for the taking.

We did.

Cousins had a shot that just went wide, Jackson had a goalmouth scramble shot blocked and Church had an overhead kick saved. That was all before the mental five minutes.

That being said, if you've been playing like we are - being 2-0 up I think it is natural to be cautious on the pitch (whether as a player or a manager).

• Options
    The problem is is that this was a winnable game. We just ruined it for ourselves.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Obviously I wasn't there, but I want to pay big respect to the travelling fans, a real badge of honour experience today.
    It was a point. And Solly returned for a bit, so there are my personal crumbs of comfort.
    Oh and Stewart as a threat worked well in the first half.
  • Options
    I'm not a Powell hater. He's a legend, I love him and believe he is the right man for us. I've never criticised him before but he has to take some of the blame today.
  • Options
    One plus note at least is that we've got Solly back... Could make all the difference having him at the back with Wilson playing in a more advanced role
  • Options
    It seems management can't be blamed for anything again but if it stayed 2-0 it would be 'well done SCP'.
  • Options
    i dont think CP walks on water like some on here but

was it good management to get 2 nil up ,and the bad management to concede 2 ?

we are in big trouble and it wont get easier------------you either except that this is our lot as CAFC fans or go follow the Goonershit.