Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your username explained

We have some original handles on here, and some boring ones too. Any interesting stories or reasons behind yours?

Me? A thinly veiled attempt to hide my true identity when I signed up. Really don't know where I got it from. Didn't work as Valley Mc and Curb_it soon rumbled me.

Comments

• MCS= Mini Cooper S. My former car. Didnt wanna change it so i didnt!
  • Where I sit down the Valley
  • Relates to my favourite way of getting spaced.
  • "Would Inspector Sands please report to the operations room immediately" is put out on Tube station PA systems when it's feared a security alert is imminent. West End theatres used to use "Mr Sands" for possible fire alerts (as in buckets of sand), and that's where it comes from.
  • http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=230&page=1#Item_1
  • Mine is simply when I play football and shout for a ball when going for a header "Hillsys Up". You will here this constantly on the 22nd. AFKA will vouch for that
  • Nothing to do with Charlton Reserves.

Used to play for a team called the Crown Reserves in St Albans, the reserves were better than the first team who also never quite understood our unique humor, so we were proud to be the reserves.
  • [cite]Posted By: Hillsy's Up[/cite]Mine is simply when I play football and shout for a ball when going for a header "Hillsys Up". You will here this constantly on the 22nd. AFKA will vouch for that

And there was me thinking it had something to do with the laydeez!!!
    ;o)
  • Either I am the re-incarnation of the Victorian actor or it was a song sung by fans in the early 70s which I adopted when I first started writing for Remember, Remember Fanzine and then Voice of the Valley.

Thinking of having my name changed by deed poll to avoid the groupies and debt collectors
  • My name is Stuart and I live in Charlton.

I was definitely suffering from a lack of imagination when I signed up!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I've taken the name of my original favourite Charlton player
  • After far to many boring seasons with absolutely nothing to play for my Glass is always half empty!
    Although to be honest i have loved this season and am thinking of changing to half full !!!
  • 1905 after the year of Stones birth.
  • pub i used to drink in - no longer open like so many of the good ones
  • guess why i am called this?

anyway seriously thinking of changing it to Lou Carpenter. :-(
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Hillsy's Up[/cite]Mine is simply when I play football and shout for a ball when going for a header "Hillsys Up". You will here this constantly on the 22nd. AFKA will vouch for that

And there was me thinking it had something to do with the laydeez!!!
    ;o)

Oh yeah, and that, thanks Off it. What about your excuse?
  • WSS

West Stand Singer

NOT

West Side Story

• Sorry! I was on holiday then!!
  • [cite]Posted By: stanmoreaddick[/cite]guess why i am called this?

anyway seriously thinking of changing it to Lou Carpenter. :-(
    Do it!!

Guess where I sit! ;o)
  • edited March 2007
    Mark Rothko
  • Sponsored links:

• Mines Self Explanatory.

Just plain boring!!
  • [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]Where I sit down the Valley

always wondered where that came from and kept forgetting to ask !!

mine is just boring and cause I couldn't be bothered to think of anything better.
  • [cite]Posted By: Hillsy's Up[/cite]Mine is simply when I play football and shout for a ball when going for a header "Hillsys Up". You will here this constantly on the 22nd. AFKA will vouch for that

I've heard it once or twice as well mate eh!
  • E= East L= London CAFC

Very boring!!
  • ww= West Wickham..zzzzz

My son is more guilty of a lack of imagination...wwaddickson
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Relates to my favourite way of getting spaced.

had some good times meself!!
  • Used to drink too much carling!!
  • http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=230&page=2

or in English.....

Always been a fan of the film Jungle Book, especially Balou the bear. He says in the song 'I wanna be like you' - "Hey man, I'm solid gone man......solidgone!" as he was taken with the beat then bursts into song.....with a rab bab bony.

Yeah, I know this is sad but hey ho.

or it just sums me up!
  • a couple of blokes i work with thought it funny to call me 'lucky' after missing out on winning 8 grand on lottery by one number,which has stuck.(its been 2 years)