Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your username explained

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    MrOneLung said:
    seth plum said:
    The two most played songs on UK wireless stations both have the word Fandango in them.
    Is a whiter shade of pale one of the two most played songs ?
    Yes.
    The other one is easy to get.
    I always understood 'Yesterday' was the most played radio track.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    MrOneLung said:
    seth plum said:
    The two most played songs on UK wireless stations both have the word Fandango in them.
    Yes.
    Probably right.
    I was told the other two a few years ago as a fascinating fact, and it sounded plausible at the time.
  • Options
    I adopted this name for the forum used by my non-league club, as people knew me as the only Charlton fan. It kind of stuck and I ended up using it on various newspaper sites. If I'd been coming up with something specifically for here, I might have tried to be more imaginative, but no-one else was using it, so...
  • Options
    Boring I'm afraid I live in Hastings....Though I'm originally from Greenhithe.
    I thought that was you Mr C. Everyone, I only go to Charlton because Hastings Reds dad took us when we were kids. God knows how he did it. 
    No longer DA1 then.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    MrOneLung said:
    seth plum said:
    Yes.
    I thought Yesterday was the most covered track
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    MrOneLung said:
    seth plum said:
    Yes.
    I thought Yesterday was the most covered track
    Yes, I think you're correct. I knew there was something about Yesterday, but I'm very old and the grey matter isn't what it used to be!
  • Options

I thought I'd put this on a similar thread a couple of years ago but my old Gran sometimes would call me FF, as in " Eat up that mashed potato & baked beans, little Fanny Fanackapan" ( I rarely ate anything else when I was small, being very picky, so maybe I should have chosen Fussy Fanny Fanackapan ! ) 

It was a term of endearment & NOT usually accompanied by a clip round the ear .....

I have just googled it for the very first time & found it's a Lincolnshire term meaning " little dear" . Ah, bless ! 

Anyway, I'm glad that my chosen monniker has brought some light relief to some of you when a touch of humour is needed during the dark days we regularly experience as Addicks. 

Every time I see your Username it reminds me of the time when we just bought a red setter puppy. My wife wanted to call it Fanny Fanackapan and as I would be walking the dog every evening I said “I am not standing in the middle of Danson Park shouting out Fanny trying to get the dog back. I will be arrested!”.

Seems along time ago now living close to the Valley. Moved to Lincolnshire in 1992. Mind you even in Spalding I would not call out for Fanny in a public space even if it did mean “little dear”!
  • Options
    Everyone thought Steven Gerrard was the only Stevie G. Wrong, I am the original Stevie G.
  • Options
    fadgadget said:
    fadgadget said:
    Name of my favourite Musician / Band 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fad_Gadget
    They played Love Parasite on Radio 6 yesterday. It sounded like it could have been made last week.
    He never got any Air play back in the day , Such a shame as now he is gone a lot of new bands siting him as a influence .
    Back in his early days Depeche Mode was support band to him .
    I loved Fad back in the day and seeing your user name always takes me back to seeing him perform Ricky's Hand with an electric drill at the Lyceum - great days.  RIP Frank
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mine is pretty obvious as I used to sit in the East Stand, however Alan bloody Curbishley has messed this right up.

Have a good day 

alancurbishleymike
    @JamesSeed had the same issue but went with the new name...
    I’m think of changing my name to @RowZ
  • Options
    I thought that was you Mr C. Everyone, I only go to Charlton because Hastings Reds dad took us when we were kids. God knows how he did it. 
    No longer DA1 then.
    No mate. Had to sign up as a newby for some reason. Couldn’t think of a name. So went for the obvious. You all good?
  • Options
    how do how do I change mine to Adkins out
  • Options
    No longer DA1 then.
    No mate. Had to sign up as a newby for some reason. Couldn’t think of a name. So went for the obvious. You all good?
    All good thanks, I had the same problem, Hastings Addick to Hastings Red....original ay?
  • Options
    Mines a tribute to Arthur "Ikey" Bryan, (know your history, kids).
  • Options
    Moved to Dorset from Welling 21 years ago……simples
  • Options
    fadgadget said:
    fadgadget said:
    Name of my favourite Musician / Band 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fad_Gadget
    They played Love Parasite on Radio 6 yesterday. It sounded like it could have been made last week.
    He never got any Air play back in the day , Such a shame as now he is gone a lot of new bands siting him as a influence .
    Back in his early days Depeche Mode was support band to him .
    I loved Fad back in the day and seeing your user name always takes me back to seeing him perform Ricky's Hand with an electric drill at the Lyceum - great days.  RIP Frank
    Yes, if you look at his Album sleeve notes there are various things he used in his recordings ( Ashtrays)
    I picked this up last year, Autograph, no framed
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Mine is pretty obvious as I used to sit in the East Stand, however Alan bloody Curbishley has messed this right up.

Have a good day 

alancurbishleymike
    @JamesSeed had the same issue but went with the new name...
    I’m think of changing my name to @RowZ

In tribute to many an ex  Charlton striker.
  • Options
    Mine is a homage to Maria Callas
    Always thought there was a play on Lennie Lawrence going on here. 
    The low rent was my lodgings in Beulah Hill 1987.
    Lenny is close to my pet name 'Lonie'.
    If it wasn't for Callas version of 'Casta Diva' the night before, I wouldn't suffer the hangover which got me on an attempt to walk it off one sunny Saturday all the way to Selhurst Park to watch this team in red which I've never heard of taking on Oxford United.
    Callas - and obviously  the hangover are still with me...
    And you are correct. Lawrence fitted in nicely
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Self explanatory 
  • Options
    Self explanatory 
    You and Samuel often shared a bed?
  • Options
    Self explanatory 

Lowering yourself down into the Gent's toilet at the top of the old East Stand disappearing into the steam cloud by any chance?