Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your username explained

Comments

• Options
    well...

moved here from SE3 about 20 years ago
  • Options
    In on episode of Extras they meet a bloke that Ricky Gervais used to go to school with that was a bit of a hit with the ladies and Merchant greets him with "Plaaayer!".
    Ever since then a 4 or 5 of us always answer the phone to each other with "Plaaayer".
  • Options
    Mines a bit cruel. There was a friend at school with a speech impediment. My name is Adam, when he said my name it sounded like agim. Needless to say it stuck with a few people and I carried on to use it every time I created a username for something! Can't be botherd to change now..
  • Options
    Mine's my surename. Simple as that, people call me Sage instead of my first name so to me it just made sense to have it as my username.
  • Options
    I am known by friends and family as a bit of a footballing guru ;0) and I'll let you work out the other bit.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Pretty self explanatory :L
  • Options
    My employers are bstards.
  • Options
    For all those old timers, Dick Plumb was a centre forward in the eighties. He was awful. Also liked his name as it summed up exactly what he was.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dickplumb[/cite]For all those old timers, Dick Plumb was a centre forward in the eighties. He was awful. Also liked his name as it summed up exactly what he was.

Are you trying to take 10 years off your life - you're not fooling us. ;-)

Plumbie was in the 70's, sort of after Treacy but before Horsfield
  • Options
    the prince-e-paul = the principle. it was my attempt at a play on words using my name when first using on-line dating - sad but true!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mine are my initials. simples
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: dickplumb[/cite]For all those old timers, Dick Plumb was a centre forward in the eighties. He was awful. Also liked his name as it summed up exactly what he was.[/quote]

Are you trying to take 10 years off your life - you're not fooling us. ;-)

Plumbie was in the 70's, sort of after Treacy but before Horsfield[/quote]

Does'nt time fly. Yes of course he was in the seventies, speaking of Treacy and King Arthur they were two of my favourite players of their time i also really liked Matt Tees and Harry Gregory.
  • Options
    Thai - I always like to look smart and wear a TIE
    Malaysia - There's a general MALAISE about me
    Addick - Some people think I am a DICK
  • Options
    Village on the Somme battlefield. On my first visit there in the eighties I quite literally tripped over a large and very live shell.
  • Options
    Full Metal Addick

Full Metal Jacket

It seemed a good idea at the time I first signed up :(

The movie, prefer the second half to the first :)
  • Options
    My memory is not what it was, I'll have to ask one of my Grandkids !
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited December 2010
    My name is Jerome Thomas
  • Options
    Always felt very comfortable when the team lineup began with...

1. Bolder
    2. Humphrey
    3. Reid
  • Options
    down to my kids because of their nicknames , my little girl we call boo and my little boy gica these names are down to the misses.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I believe in Communism. I visited SE7 once.
  • Options
    I used to live in Harrier Mews in Thamesmead.
  • Options
    I also post on another notorious football forum.

My username there is similar to the one i use here. Dizzle is a shortened version of the one i use on the other site, F_Dizzle.

My surname begins with F. Dizzle is a sort of street slang for stuff, like snoop dogg uses. If you are over 30 you might not know who snoop dogg is by the way
  • Options
    Don't know really - it isn't funny, isn't coded, its not my name and not even really where i live. First message board i'd signed up to. Can't explain it really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]I also post on another notorious football forum.

My username there is similar to the one i use here. Dizzle is a shortened version of the one i use on the other site, F_Dizzle.

My surname begins with F. Dizzle is a sort of street slang for stuff, like snoop dogg uses. If you are over 30 you might not know who snoop dogg is by the way

Are you Charlie Brown's dog?
    Anybody under 35 wont know who Charlie Brown is ; )
  • Options
    This is where you all put me right as my memory is probably failing, first match i went to see richie bowman was man of the match and i think i remember his shirt number was 4 , he also got player of the season that year and as i was only 10 so it must have left a lasting impression.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 4 bowman[/cite]This is where you all put me right as my memory is probably failing, first match i went to see richie bowman was man of the match and i think i remember his shirt number was 4 , he also got player of the season that year and as i was only 10 so it must have left a lasting impression.

I reckon you're right. I was also 10 in 1972 & Richie Bowman was our No 4. Probably my first full season supporting Charlton, standing against the railings at the front of the east terrace.
  • Options
    Because I live in Farnborough. But I will be moving in a couple of months to.............. Locksbottom
  • Options
    There was a very sad story over in Australia about a 3 yr old who was apparently murdered. He was Bosnian and on his headstone was "Sunce Mamino Malo" (Mummy's little son). I was quite moved by the story and the name stuck.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]I also post on another notorious football forum.

Are you Charlie Brown's dog?
    Anybody under 35 wont know who Charlie Brown is ; )

That was Mungo, wasn't it?