Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Options
    Given that Andy Scott has worked with Steve Cooper at two clubs and Forest seem to have a squad bigger than Chelsea's i'm surprised he hasn't been in touch to get us a loan from there.

They must have someone they don't need surely.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    @ButtleJR and @DubaiCAFC keep the info you're told coming. 

Don't care what others say. You're simply sharing what you're told. 
    I agree - I WANT to hear what they've been told - but too many times @DubaiCAFC went into bat supporting what he was being told and it turned out to be blatantly untrue.    Whoever is supplying them with information, I defer to @Airman Brown @Henry Irving most of the time, as they seem to post things that more often than not, turn out to be true.

Keep the information coming, but do predicate it with "I've been told" - because whoever is telling you something, may be doing so to try and make it look like the club is trying and we DO have money and we ARE going to sign but, but, but ....

Let's look at it right now - with 36 hours (and a bit) before the transfer window closes

We have no manager
    We have lost our last 5 games in a row
    We have one fit, senior centre forward and that has been the case for 6 weeks and we are looking at a loan to come in, not a permanent to help us with this
    We have so many unfit first team footballers
    The squad is less in numbers that come end of January window
    We can't seem to sign anymore players until we ship some out - despite being told many times the owners have money
    One upside is that presumably the new signings should be fitter by now. Can only hope the three that might come in tomorrow are up to speed. 
  • Options
    We really do have a paper thin squad and seem more interested in selling than buying. no matter who the manager is we are going to have a long old winter unless we can get another 3 or 4 im at least which seems highly unlikely 
  • Options
    Seriously?
    Is Dangerfield not around and working at the moment?
    Very poor.
  • Options
    MrBurns said:
    Surely it's not unrealistic to fear we could be a league 2 club this time next year? 
    It's the only way we're getting out of this league until we get owners that want to run us as a progressive football club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    35 hours to go...
  • Options
    Just so you know my comment was tongue in cheek @AFKABartram 😉
  • Options
    The real story is that it's actually Golfie's Jekyll to his usual Hyde side. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Just so you know my comment was tongue in cheek @AFKABartram 😉
    Whooosh fail :🙈🤣

(though I can assure you it has been said before)
  • Options
    Not sure who said Wrexham weren’t spending on fees anymore but they’ve just dropped 300k on Hanlan from Wycombe 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    supaclive said:
    I think the moderators allow Ronnie to post just for shits and giggles
    The more he posts the more people read it, lol his posts and reply to them. Drives site traffic up which helps the ads get seen more so costs to run the site are marginally helped out. Win win
    Wow, you’ve absolutely nailed it there Sam, it’s all an elaborate marketing tactic! 

If the truth be known, me and Ronnie both leaflet for the Local Conservatives and worked together on the  Brexit bus campaign, so he can kinda do what he likes :-) 

Let’s clear this up though and hopefully this can be the end of it. In all honesty, I just don’t understand how people can get so worked up. For a forum to be enjoyable or interesting you have to have a variety of views and a variety of characters. A balance of seriousness with a wedge of humour. Otherwise it’s just cold and vanilla. 

Is he a serious poster or is he playing a character? Who knows for sure but ask yourself, Is he hurting anyone? Is he being abusive? 

Personally, I find it funny when we get dicked 4-0 and he gives all the defenders 8/10 and blames the ref for the defeat as the third was offside, or pops up with an absolutely daft defence for something not happening with 100% belief when everyone else says the opposite. Sometimes I know what he’s gonna post before he does on something, surely others must be thinking the same?

I’ve far more problem with those who ridicule what he posts and abuse him than anything he contributes. Just wish people wouldn’t take things so seriously. If you don’t find it amusing, just scroll on.

Now we’ve covered that, grateful if a line can be drawn there please as I’m not a fan of openly discussing another poster in such way, cheers 

YES! Completely agree with this. If he’s not serious then I actually don’t mind it at all, he’s mixing it up. Far better than reading the miserable rubbish that one particular poster writes daily. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Should have added loan in to his tweet.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:

As they have been for the last however many weeks. 
  • Options
    I mean I think that's everyone's checklist on here too. If McGrandles also leaves I'd argue a midfielder as well but if the injury rumours are correct he won't get that move 
  • Options
    So they tried to wing it until Leaburn returns but now it's gone tits up they're trying to get a striker at the eleventh hour.