Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Options
    Surely there is no conceivable way we can end the window without signing a right back?
    Surely there is no conceivable way we could make it to 48 hours before end of the window with ONE fit senior striker?

You'd like to think so wouldn't you. But this is Charlton where the clowns run the circus.

• Options
    edited August 2023
    FFP give me strength, appreciate they have more revenue coming in than us but how do you explain Derby, Ipswich and Sheff Wednesday if FFP is the issue.  
    It's an old article, but explains how Ipswich operate in relation to the same FFP restrictions that apply today.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/21273015.ashton-towns-summer-spend-finance-rules-planning-ahead/
  • Options
    Don't panic people.

There's still 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days left of the window for us to make some signings........
    Yep there must still be some out of contract players knocking around with no pre season. Watch this space.
  • Options
    11pm on 01/09/2023. Anyone emailed the club to remind them?  :*
  • Options
    I thought it was today.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Just to be clear, not once have I posted that I believe we are close to and in danger of breaking FFP rules. In fact I've posted the opposite, but I don't have evidence to back it up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    I thought it was today.
    Summer transfer window 2023: When does it close? Dates, Deadline Day, how to follow with Sky Sports | Football News | Sky Sports
  • Options
    Don't panic people.

There's still 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days left of the window for us to make some signings........
    Relax,  once it slams shut we can move on to the free agents list of utter junk who need 6 months to get fit 
  • Options
    I'm shutting my window at 11pm tonight if anyone's interested...🙄
    You're supposed to slam it shut.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    I'm shutting my window at 11pm tonight if anyone's interested...🙄
    You're supposed to slam it shut.
    Hopefully you spotted some badly needed shooting stars 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I thought it was today.
    Summer transfer window 2023: When does it close? Dates, Deadline Day, how to follow with Sky Sports | Football News | Sky Sports
    Whooosh 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Surely there is no conceivable way we can end the window without signing a right back?
    Surely there is no conceivable way we could make it to 48 hours before end of the window with ONE fit senior striker?

You'd like to think so wouldn't you. But this is Charlton where the clowns run the circus.

We not .. the deal for the Cardiff striker is in place with loan fee , the player wants to come but Cardiff won’t let him go until they brought in a striker .. we might go after the Man City striker we can’t risk not getting anyone in 
    We need at least 3 (and more realistically 4-5) signings in the next 2 days.

If we were to sign only a couple, what would your thoughts be on this window?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    I thought it was today.
    Whooosh 
    Ooopsss....sorry mate.  :#
  • Options
    I think we want Etete as first choice but Cardiff won’t say yes until they get a replacement which is risky for us if they don’t. Tedic can come in but we’re holding fire because of Etete. At some point we’ll need to make a decision or risk losing out on both. My guess is we’ll blink first and opt for Tedic which is a shame because Etete is for me a better option. Such is Charlton Life. 
    I think Tedic was first choice as he was "definitely" signing last week.

Where things are now I don't know.

More importantly and more worryingly, I'm not sure the club know either.
    I’m not sure that’s correct Henry. 
  • Options
    One signing since we were "taken over" isn't it?
    A loan

Amazing....
  • Options
    I think the moderators allow Ronnie to post just for shits and giggles
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    I think the moderators allow Ronnie to post just for shits and giggles
    The more he posts the more people read it, lol his posts and reply to them. Drives site traffic up which helps the ads get seen more so costs to run the site are marginally helped out. Win win
  • Options
    I think we want Etete as first choice but Cardiff won’t say yes until they get a replacement which is risky for us if they don’t. Tedic can come in but we’re holding fire because of Etete. At some point we’ll need to make a decision or risk losing out on both. My guess is we’ll blink first and opt for Tedic which is a shame because Etete is for me a better option. Such is Charlton Life. 
    I think Tedic was first choice as he was "definitely" signing last week.

Where things are now I don't know.

More importantly and more worryingly, I'm not sure the club know either.
    I wonder if Etete only became potentially available at the end of last week and that’s why we held fire on Tedic