Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Options
    I can see it now.

11.01pm tomorrow night. The club is still without a manager.

A random youngster no one has heard of and a Matt Smith have arrived on loan.

Pretty much everyone has now written the season off. Golfie has lost the plot and thrown his season ticket in the bin.

Ronnie Moore is trying to claim this lot have money to spend, it's not the SMT's fault that no one wanted to join, and we'll see their real intentions in the January window.
    Almost spot on.

I didn't think Golfie had a season ticket this year?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Sage said:
    I can see it now.

11.01pm tomorrow night. The club is still without a manager.

A random youngster no one has heard of and a Matt Smith have arrived on loan.

Pretty much everyone has now written the season off. Golfie has lost the plot and thrown his season ticket in the bin.

Ronnie Moore is trying to claim this lot have money to spend, it's not the SMT's fault that no one wanted to join, and we'll see their real intentions in the January window.
    Almost spot on.

I didn't think Golfie had a season ticket this year?
    He didn’t but wish I’d bought one so I could throw it at the dugout later in the season if we’re languishing in mid table again or worse 😈.
  • Options
    I assume I am not the only one believing that as at 31 August our season is effectively over. Not anticipating feeling any different after the window closes. I find it’s the only way to handle the inevitable disappointment.
    We’re gonna win the EFL paint trophy mate.

Appleton loves it and always plays a strong side. He has taken Oxford to Wembley twice via that competition.
  • Options
    Feels like Tedic was ready to go last week and maybe Etete became available over the weekend so we switched targets expecting the Kieffer Moore deal to happen and now that's thrown everything out of kilter..

Hope it's more than 2 signings and we can sneak something surprising across the line today or tomorrow. 
  • Options
    I think we want Etete as first choice but Cardiff won’t say yes until they get a replacement which is risky for us if they don’t. Tedic can come in but we’re holding fire because of Etete. At some point we’ll need to make a decision or risk losing out on both. My guess is we’ll blink first and opt for Tedic which is a shame because Etete is for me a better option. Such is Charlton Life. 
    I think you are right, but Tedic is out of contract next summer so if Man City have given up on him we could nab a bargain. 
    Wages maybe an issue so probably a loan with them picking up most of the tab, but if you trust your instincts…..

It’s not going to happen is it? 😞 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Don’t get fooled by the whole close to limits or rules. We aren’t going to be.

We were told from the start an agreed budget was in place which was more than last season and we were going to have a go. So many players, and senior ones at that, have left.

Squad limit is nowhere near and if people think we are near FFP for wages to turnover, that means people think we are paying May, Isted, Jones, Edun, Taylor, Camara (loan), and Campbell (loan) far, far more than Bonne, Inniss, Morgan, Lavelle, Clare, Wollacott, Egbo, Gilbey, Payne, and soon to be Kirk and one more, plus what we had in loans of Sessegnon and Rak-Sakyi etc.

Do not believe the spin, they just aren’t either prepared to spend the money to make us competitive, or they’ve underestimated the market and players don’t want to join us, or both.
    This with bells on! No idea what is going on behind the scene's, but the numbers suggetsing we are near to having either a problem with FFP or an overlarge squad are a mile off what I am seeing. It's great that our youngsters are getting a taste of fist  team football, but we are overdosing them which cannot be right, and beyond the never ending injuries, the fact is we just don't have enough warm bodies who offer more. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If someone is told something it’s up to them whether they want to post it here or not but it’s also up to us, individually, whether we choose to believe or disbelieve it.

Personally I wouldn’t post anything on here unless I was convinced it were true. I wouldn’t want to mislead people or get peoples hopes up. But again if I were given information I considered true I still wouldn’t post it on here because to do so would be breaking confidences and I’d never get told anything again.

It seems at the moment certain people have certain agendas and want certain information out there for various reasons. Anything posted at the moment I take with a huge pinch of salt and the phrase WIOTOS has never been so apt.
    Agree

Fine to post a rumour but say it is a rumour, don't give the impression that it is a done deal.

When people post things like 

"striker signing today"

Or

"Definitely a striker by tonight"

that's not saying it MAY happen, it's saying it WILL or ALREADY has happened.

Deals falkl through all the time so even if the intention to sign that striker was there it hasn't happened until it's on the OS.

All people have to say is 

"deal for a striker might go thru today"

Or

"We're close to signing a striker but WIOTOS"

it's really not that hard and it doesn't give people a false impression.

How about:

"Deal for striker going through tomorrow, I can feel it in my plums (but my plums are often wrong😔)"
    Why not leave it to the last-minute!
  • Options
    When Crawley tweets tomorrow at 4pm so no more incomings at CAFC. Then we know we can all go out on Friday night. Hoping we get 6 players in. The problem is we are staying in league one for another season. Its a shame because I really thought this was the season we went up. There still hope
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    We have been in a situation countless times where a player we want won't be released by his club until they get a replacement with the window closing. I can't recall it ever ending well.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Scoham said:
    https://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/five-players-linked-wrexham-transfers-27614257

Wrexham linked with five strikers, Chuks, Lyle and our former academy player Hanlan being three of them.
    Linked with everyone but will buy  no one as usual . They started with 10 of last seasons 11 the other week. Reynolds might be putting money into the club but very little on players.
    Signed Boyle and McLean, both on big wages for League 2, also some of the wages they are already paying (O'Connell, Mullins, Lee) are big for League 2 teams.

No idea what your agenda is against Wrexham, but I'd kill to have someone like Reynolds and McElhenney pumping money into the club. 
    be interesting to see how much they would need to pay in this year. With their revenue increasing I doubt they're putting too much in and I was expecting more. Boyle and McClean are good signings and wouldn't have been cheap but I thought they'd be a little more ambitious. 
    Doing lots of work around the infrastructure of the club this season it seems, work on the stadium and a new training ground are in the works. 

I expect them to make a splash with a fairly big signing this week though. 
    Yeah fair point. I just think with a Wrexham it's got the potential to lose its appeal quickly so I thought they'd go quite hard at getting another promotion. The story will go a bit dead if they're stuck in mid table this season IMO. Like you say, probably a signing or 2 this week. 
    I thought that the claim was that they had made "big signings" in previous seasons to take them up to Lge 1 if they got promotion and would only need to tinker this season.  That said it may not work out and it does appear that they have big defensive frailties.  
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    clive said:
    All the rules concerning FFP/SCMP can be found here on page 96  https://www.efl.com/documents/efl-handbook.pdf

Signing on fees count towards player salary, thats got to make McGrandles the biggest waste of wages we've had in years.

13 appearances, 1 assist, loaned out after 6 months. Quality spending there. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    sam3110 said:
    supaclive said:
    I think the moderators allow Ronnie to post just for shits and giggles
    The more he posts the more people read it, lol his posts and reply to them. Drives site traffic up which helps the ads get seen more so costs to run the site are marginally helped out. Win win
    Or it could just be that Ronnie has never broken any rules and his posts are harmless
    The old-school WUM in 2023 leaves people utterly helpless
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    sam3110 said:
    supaclive said:
    The more he posts the more people read it, lol his posts and reply to them. Drives site traffic up which helps the ads get seen more so costs to run the site are marginally helped out. Win win
    Or it could just be that Ronnie has never broken any rules and his posts are harmless
    two_sheds would be total chaos
  • Options
    edited August 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Breaking news .......

Thomas Sandgaard's showed his kindness to Ron Dangerfield in his last decision by allowing big Ron to go train Spotting in Canada for his summer holidays over the last few weeks of August. He flies back on Sunday 3rd September.

Meanwhile back at Sparrows lane the young intern is struggling to work the Fax machine to inform the EFL of our 5 new signing. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    sam3110 said:
    supaclive said:
    two_sheds would be total chaos
    Wasn't it Mr Noodles or something who kept begging for Pulis to replace Curbs? 
  • Options
    MrBurns said:
    Surely it's not unrealistic to fear we could be a league 2 club this time next year? 
    Some different away days to look forward to at least
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    One signing since we were "taken over" isn't it?
    A loan

Amazing....
    Taylor Edun and Camara …. But don’t let facts get in the way 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    I think we want Etete as first choice but Cardiff won’t say yes until they get a replacement which is risky for us if they don’t. Tedic can come in but we’re holding fire because of Etete. At some point we’ll need to make a decision or risk losing out on both. My guess is we’ll blink first and opt for Tedic which is a shame because Etete is for me a better option. Such is Charlton Life. 
    Told this morning we've let Etete go and moved on. Not sure where this leaves us.
    The Man City lad 
  • Options
    MrBurns said:
    Surely it's not unrealistic to fear we could be a league 2 club this time next year? 
    No chance