Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Nombe at £1m when we already paid for May wasn't going to happen. 

Time will tell if it turns out to be a good deal for him, disappointed we decided he wasn't worth it, but pointless debating that now
    Yep Kanu is the back up for May, new striker (if we get one) will be competition for Leaburn.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    DubaiCAFC said:
    4 strikers out on the training pitch today! 
    May | Leaburn | Kanu? ;)

Edit: Boooo you managed to edit it before I could post lol!
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    May | Leaburn | Kanu? ;)
    Actually forgot about Kanu.. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    May | Leaburn | Kanu? ;)

Apologies!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

Industrial action?

I knew there was trouble brewing.
    Doris the Tea lady is one of them as she doesn't urn enough.
  • Options
    Two new strikers or a surprise Aneke appearance? 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    The rumour I heard an hour ago matches what Dubia is saying but as ever WIOTOS
    Won't be putting any more out, as Henry said WIOTOS
    Sounds good to me!
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    I think the moderators allow Ronnie to post just for shits and giggles
    Bring back Nathan Prior.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    sam3110 said:

Time will tell if it turns out to be a good deal for him, disappointed we decided he wasn't worth it, but pointless debating that now
    WE didn't pay for May, a sponsor did apparently.
  • Options
    We do have some stupid wages on the payroll still, and Sandgaard did like to brag about our top 6 budget which assumedly went to wages, ahem, Aneke, Kirk Mc@Garrymanilow ,Too good for league one Hector etc. Them not wanting (being told they dont need to....) put any real money in might run it close..... or rather, close to the agreed budget...... 

Still no excuse, at least twatgaard got that half right. 

Has anyone actually worked out what would be our FFP constraints? 
    There are none as we do not work under ffp rules. That applies to the prem.
    If our owners say put £10 million in this season ad equity or a gift then that s included in turn over for the season . So they can have as large a wage bill as they like.
  • Options
    CAFC stands for Charlton Athletic Footballing Chaos. 
    Charlton athletic football circus
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    I think the moderators allow Ronnie to post just for shits and giggles
    Bring back Nathan Prior.
    Aldridge Prior - YouTube
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't panic people.

There's still 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days left of the window for us to make some signings........
    Yep there must still be some out of contract players knocking around with no pre season. Watch this space.
    Don't panic people.

There's still 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days left of the window for us to make some signings........
    Yep there must still be some out of contract players knocking around with no pre season. Watch this space.
    And a broken leg.
  • Options
    Nombe sold to Rotherham for a fee of £1m.
    And instead of increasing our bid by £500k we spent it on compensation sacking our manager.

Cool. 
    But if he could get a move into the Championship, he wouldn’t have joined us anyway.
    But was that interest there 2 months ago ?  Of course no-one knows but I doubt WE weren't interested in Tedic or Etete 2 months ago either.

Get your business done early & get it done well. 
  • Options
    ValleyBen said:
    It was a mistake to offer new contracts to both Hector and Thomas, since at best they were both average last season, should have been one or the other. 
    “But they make good squad players, and providing Hector can stay fit, he’s far too good for this league.”

We embarrass ourselves sometimes when it comes to how good/how much we accommodate some of the dross we’ve had over the last few years.  Payne was another one.  He definitely tried and put a shift in, but then we get people getting into this crazy logic about how we should’ve kept him because we’ve got no one else as a better option.  If they’re not good enough, they’re not good enough, regardless of their possible replacements.  

I imagine other club’s fans do it as well, but never have I read so much when it comes to accommodating mediocrity as we do here 

The old Aneke cheat code brigade will be warming up soon in anticipation of his next cameo before we don’t see him again until July 2024 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    May | Leaburn | Kanu? ;)

Probably Tedic. Etete played (and scored) for Cardiff on Tues evening so it wont be him. 
  • Options
    I mean Hector was very good last year, his form has fallen off a cliff but i wouldn't write him off yet. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Cool, so he's illegally owned by a third party, and we'll be fined and deducted points, right?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    May | Leaburn | Kanu? ;)

Probably Tedic. Etete played (and scored) for Cardiff on Tues evening so it wont be him. 
    Yes, it's impossible to get from Birmingham (where Etete played) to London in 48 hours.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

Cool, so he's illegally owned by a third party, and we'll be fined and deducted points, right?
    No? The money wasn't in the "original" budget (which is tied to the tedious, pointless and frankly self damaging one-for-one "book balancing" we imposed on ourselves.) A bit of extra money came in courtesy of a sponsorship deal which was used for this deal.

Allegedly.