Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Options
    Think it’ll be Dabo and Tedic and one youngster on loan, based on what Airman was saying. Although actually he said two youngsters and one senior player, now I think about it. 
    Still think we need a dominant CB most of all. 
  • Options
    As Airman suggests It does seem like Methven and ( presumably) Leneghan deliberately mislead Reams on ITTV and Dubai on here that there are positive things happening - lots of money to spend, billionaire owners , strikers incoming frequently and popular ex managers in the running for the managerial post. 
    I’m not sure how sustainable this campaign of misinformation is and I have no direct knowledge of Methven but he certainly has the pedigree for this sort of activity. I suppose a few more chickens will come home to roost by Friday at 11pm. 
    But we're told he's never spoken to CM apparently. So who is the mole that's feeding the exact lines that CM wants pushed? 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Cardiff striker wanted to come but Cardiff blocked the move. Sounds like he won't be coming at this point. 
    From what was said earlier, Cardiff would let him leave if they could get Keifer Moore in. But Bournemouth dont want to let Moore leave so there we are.

• Options
    edited August 2023
    swordfish said:
    fenaddick said:
    supaclive said:
    Transfer fees aren't imcluded in FFP
    WAGES ARE
    not strictly true, the full fee won’t be counted this year but will be spread out over the course of the contract. what I can’t work out is if L1 is governed by FFP or SCMP. I don’t think fees are included in SCMP 
    That's how fees are treated in the accounts, but only wages taken into account for setting the FFP limit, which is 60% of turnover IIRC, and can include equity investment. Outfield Squad limit is 22 excluding under 21's.

Doubt we're near either limit, but I also doubt anyone on here knows what the wage/turnover figures are that are relevant at the moment.

Squad limit numbers were not removed at the same time as the salary cap rules. That is a myth.

Edit - I was in direct contact with the EFL last season who confirmed to me that the L1 limit was 22. I don't think it has changed.
    I have spent a few hours on Google this evening & nowhere have I seen a squad cap for this season (23/24). Even the EFL handbook doesn't mention it, although it does mention ffp.

I believe the squad cap was scrapped due to the PFA bringing a lawsuit against the EFL for restraint of trade. 

Edit.

I did find it in the end. For League 1 clubs the squad limit is 22 - not counting goal keepers & those aged U21.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Don’t get fooled by the whole close to limits or rules. We aren’t going to be.

We were told from the start an agreed budget was in place which was more than last season and we were going to have a go. So many players, and senior ones at that, have left.

Squad limit is nowhere near and if people think we are near FFP for wages to turnover, that means people think we are paying May, Isted, Jones, Edun, Taylor, Camara (loan), and Campbell (loan) far, far more than Bonne, Inniss, Morgan, Lavelle, Clare, Wollacott, Egbo, Gilbey, Payne, and soon to be Kirk and one more, plus what we had in loans of Sessegnon and Rak-Sakyi etc.

Do not believe the spin, they just aren’t either prepared to spend the money to make us competitive, or they’ve underestimated the market and players don’t want to join us, or both.
    JamesSeed said:
    Think it’ll be Dabo and Tedic and one youngster on loan, based on what Airman was saying. Although actually he said two youngsters and one senior player, now I think about it. 
    Still think we need a dominant CB most of all. 
    Dabo and Tedic is what Reams is saying.
    Airman was saying three in so I am hoping he is right as I think we need 3 as a minimum.
  • Options
    Well Mr Methven, I may be mistaken but I think we might of fucked up again...  What'ya gonna do about it?

Nothing?

Ok!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Cardiff striker wanted to come but Cardiff blocked the move. Sounds like he won't be coming at this point. 

JR, does this mean that Slobadan Tedic will happen as the grains of sands only have 48 hours left. ⏳⌛🕚
    I'd say so, though not heard anything directly
    He was meant to have/be signed yesterday.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:
    The way this is all going I would not be surprised in the slightest if someone tried to test our resolve with a last minute bid for Leaburn and he went. 
    That'd be a hoot.
  • Options
    As Airman suggests It does seem like Methven and ( presumably) Leneghan deliberately mislead Reams on ITTV and Dubai on here that there are positive things happening - lots of money to spend, billionaire owners , strikers incoming frequently and popular ex managers in the running for the managerial post. 
    I’m not sure how sustainable this campaign of misinformation is and I have no direct knowledge of Methven but he certainly has the pedigree for this sort of activity. I suppose a few more chickens will come home to roost by Friday at 11pm. 
    But we're told he's never spoken to CM apparently. So who is the mole that's feeding the exact lines that CM wants pushed? 
    I have never spoke to CM before, my contact may.. Don't know why you keep suggesting that I speak to him
  • Options
    The "rules" of the budget set by the unrealistic presentation Methven gave the shareholders to get them to invest I 

budget set by TS you mean ? 
    That all parties agreed to 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    We do have some stupid wages on the payroll still, and Sandgaard did like to brag about our top 6 budget which assumedly went to wages, ahem, Aneke, Kirk Mc@Garrymanilow ,Too good for league one Hector etc. Them not wanting (being told they dont need to....) put any real money in might run it close..... or rather, close to the agreed budget...... 

Still no excuse, at least twatgaard got that half right. 

Has anyone actually worked out what would be our FFP constraints? 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    ButtleJR said:
    Striker and right back are apparently coming. We need to get two more out to get any more in than that whilst staying within the rules. So don't write that off just yet. 
    Laughable. 

Struggling with FFP even though the squad this year is considerably younger, less experienced than last year and less players to boot?

Anyone claiming FFP should be laughed off the forum at this point. Joke. 
    But higher wages …. on the the players we have brought in compared to the ones that have left .. 

dontreplydontreplydontreplyohmightaswell

The players gone and come in will be on similar wages you think we're paying Taylor more than Payne for example? The issue is legacy waste we cant shift. Kirk, McGrandles, Aneke

Which, you know already. 

If anything we've stood still on wage budget.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Sage said:

We were told from the start an agreed budget was in place which was more than last season and we were going to have a go. So many players, and senior ones at that, have left.

Squad limit is nowhere near and if people think we are near FFP for wages to turnover, that means people think we are paying May, Isted, Jones, Edun, Taylor, Camara (loan), and Campbell (loan) far, far more than Bonne, Inniss, Morgan, Lavelle, Clare, Wollacott, Egbo, Gilbey, Payne, and soon to be Kirk and one more, plus what we had in loans of Sessegnon and Rak-Sakyi etc.

Do not believe the spin, they just aren’t either prepared to spend the money to make us competitive, or they’ve underestimated the market and players don’t want to join us, or both.
    Sorry but people claiming we are nowhere near any limits without knowing the actual figures could be misleading. In last year's annual accounts wages and salaries overall for the Club were about the same as turnover at just under £10m. Only player wages are relevant for FFP, but those figures aren't given. Posters on here who say we're near limits MUST know the actuals to be able to say that. Do they? I don't.

FWIW I struggle to believe that we are close, but, I,'m guessing using the same logic as you in respect of wages. I'm also guessing that turnover, which is just as significant to the calculation but which you've made no comment on, won't be increasing, but I'm prepared to concede I could be wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    This may be bad luck or bad planning but we have had one of our usual injury crisis. I mean, offensively, Fraser and Leaburn are amongst our best players. Camara is also a big miss. Due to past injuries and fitness our defence does not seem up to speed.  When (if) that gets better, I'm sure we get better but these are not new issues, we knew about them some time ago and haven't addressed them. It does point to something not being right somewhere.
  • Options
    Surely there is no conceivable way we can end the window without signing a right back?
  • Options
    Surely there is no conceivable way we can end the window without signing a right back?
    If the right back you're signing is a free agent
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Striker and right back are apparently coming. We need to get two more out to get any more in than that whilst staying within the rules. So don't write that off just yet. 
    Laughable. 

Struggling with FFP even though the squad this year is considerably younger, less experienced than last year and less players to boot?

Anyone claiming FFP should be laughed off the forum at this point. Joke. 
    Just quoting what I was told. Not saying I agree with it. Happy to be laughed off the forum though 👋
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    This reminds me of the time we signed (insert name here), signed last minute and he was awful.

• Options
    As @Sage and many others have said, theres absolutely no way we're close to FFP or squad size limits. I'll be incredibly underwhelmed if we don't sign at least 3 players by the time the window shuts.
  • Options
    Sage said:

This post needs its own thread tbh. It’s correct as I see it.