Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UFC Thread

Comments

• Think Whittaker has a good chance vs Pereira too
    Definitely, can do it all and mixes it together well
  • Massive changes in the Light heavyweight division, i'll let this bloke explain it.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClUfVbhjbC7/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
  • Ngannou has left, Jones v Gane for the vacant title!
  • Ngannou has left, Jones v Gane for the vacant title!
    Really kinda boils my piss that we've lost Ngannou now purely because Dana won't pay him, and won't treat him with any respect.
  • You do wonder if Dana's time is coming to a close. I can't imagine WME IMG think this is a good move and together with his wife beating it's a bad look all round. Probably will cost them a hell of a lot to get rid of him though.
  • colthe3rd said:
    You do wonder if Dana's time is coming to a close. I can't imagine WME IMG think this is a good move and together with his wife beating it's a bad look all round. Probably will cost them a hell of a lot to get rid of him though.
    He's very good at his job and I don't believe public opinion is that negative with the wife slap. 

Is Ngannou going into boxing? Will Belator/One pay him more than UFC?
  • Whose going to go to UFC 286 in London? Not a bad top 3 fights it's got to be said, I think a couple of my mates are but I really don't think I can afford it 

• Whose going to go to UFC 286 in London? Not a bad top 3 fights it's got to be said, I think a couple of my mates are but I really don't think I can afford it 

Signed up for ticket notifications, but heard nowt
  • Tickets on sale this Friday. Will be a good show, but it clashes with Grappling Industries.
  • Just thought, does anyone know what time the event will be? UFC 204 In Manchester started at midnight to cater for the American PPV audiences, they did the same in Stockholm when it was Gus Vs Rumble
  • Sponsored links:

• 9pm GMT according to UFC.com https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-286 prelims 7pm. So I should be fine!

Tapology claims 3am GMT!
  • 9pm GMT according to UFC.com https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-286 prelims 7pm. So I should be fine!

Tapology claims 3am GMT!
    As long as you're not last on at GI you should have time to get across to it - that said a GI in Dublin ran til like 10pm last year! 
  • Just thought, does anyone know what time the event will be? UFC 204 In Manchester started at midnight to cater for the American PPV audiences, they did the same in Stockholm when it was Gus Vs Rumble
    I think when Tom Aspinall fought Blaydes last summer, the main event ring walk was about 11pm.

But this is a proper 'numbered' UFC event so it might be later.
    I think when Tom Aspinall fought Blaydes last summer, the main event ring walk was about 11pm.

But this is a proper 'numbered' UFC event so it might be later.
    Yea the 'Fight Night' cards or whatever they're called now usually start at the normal local time, but this one being a numbered event they might want to make sure they get the US PPV boost from a later start time - I remember being pretty leathered going to 204 at like 11pm, I purposefully slowed down drinking so I could remember some of the bouts... and the beers were really expensive haha
  • The middle eastern PPV have been at local time. 
  • When do tickets go on general sale?
  • Betting on Islam tonight! Don't think he will be particularly troubled by Volk tbh and is much bigger. 

The co-main has war written all over it to me
  • What a match up! Oliveira has flown to Australia as a back up.

My money would be on Islam as well although i think Alex will make things difficult.

Has P4P#1 faced #2 before?
  • What a match up! Oliveira has flown to Australia as a back up.

My money would be on Islam as well although i think Alex will make things difficult.

Has P4P#1 faced #2 before?
    They just said not since the rankings were created 10 years ago
  • Would like to see the run that back again... if that round had another 30 seconds on it Volk would have finished him. Fair scoring on the face of it though
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2023
    That was amazing!

Although i expected Alex to cause him problems i think it would be that close. I had it 3-2 Islam but i agree with CAFCsayer, if it kept going Alex would have got the finish as Islam was gassed and Alex isn't human! I expected Islam v Charles to have been that close.

Alex v Rodriguez will be great. I think Alex retains and becomes the best ever featherweight champion in the process.

One for LonelyNorthernAddick, did you see Islam talking with Craig Jones after the fight? Guess there is a lot of neutral respect there. Islam got a standing bodylock on him!
  • That was amazing!

Although i expected Alex to cause him problems i think it would be that close. I had it 3-2 Islam but i agree with CAFCsayer, if it kept going Alex would have got the finish as Islam was gassed and Alex isn't human! I expected Islam v Charles to have been that close.

Alex v Rodriguez will be great. I think Alex retains and becomes the best ever featherweight champion in the process.

One for LonelyNorthernAddick, did you see Islam talking with Craig Jones after the fight? Guess there is a lot of neutral respect there. Islam got a standing bodylock on him!
    Same this side. Was very surprised how good Volks submission defence was, he was smiling and throwing punches even when Islam had his back!
  • Doesn't seem right that Alex goes up a weight class and losses a tight fight by a decision and therefore losses his pound for pound number 1 spot. If Islam beat him at feather than fair enough, or smashed him at lightweight.
  • That was amazing!

Yea I saw a few clips this morning! Craig really seems to have worked wonders for Alex in terms of defence, Islam never seemed close to finishing him whilst normally he walks through people on the ground. I Imagine the confidence that gives Alex for his standing is unbelievable. Was massively impressed with Volk, I definitely underestimated him.
  • Alex has been given back his pound for pound number 1 spot.
  • Jon Jones. GOAT.
  • Gane sucked though. 

Waiting years for Ngannou and Stipe to be out of the picture before fighting a padded challenger to be handed the title. 
  • Miocic isn't out of the picture, Jones called him out after the fight and there's a strong chance they fight in July.
  • Jones destroys Miocic. That was a crazy fight, Gane won the first 2 rounds against Ngannou who looked unstoppable at time and Jones wiped the floor with him.

• Great performance from Alexa Grasso, I didn't see that coming.