Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UFC Thread

Comments

• Options
    Its a shame Colby is actually quite good, because the bloke is a complete c**t. Hopefully Edwards puts away Masvidal, then we can have Usman vs Edwards & Colby vs Masvidal. The build up to the latter will be insane!
    It's a bigger shame that Colby isn't actually a complete c*** in reality, it's all acting. He basically acknowledged it after the fight and it's well recorded that the guy is humble and kind outside of his stage presence. It's all just his 'brand'. 

He didn't talk at all and almost got cut by UFC even though he was winning, then he got involved with that whole boomerang incident with Werdum and calling Brazilians animals etc etc etc then he's just gone from there
  • Options
    Its a shame Colby is actually quite good, because the bloke is a complete c**t. Hopefully Edwards puts away Masvidal, then we can have Usman vs Edwards & Colby vs Masvidal. The build up to the latter will be insane!
    It's a bigger shame that Colby isn't actually a complete c*** in reality, it's all acting. He basically acknowledged it after the fight and it's well recorded that the guy is humble and kind outside of his stage presence. It's all just his 'brand'. 

He didn't talk at all and almost got cut by UFC even though he was winning, then he got involved with that whole boomerang incident with Werdum and calling Brazilians animals etc etc etc then he's just gone from there
    Not if you listen to the likes of Masvidal, Jon Jones etc. They say that everyone hates him - https://www.mmaweekly.com/jorge-masvidal-explains-why-he-cant-stand-colby-covington 
  • Options
    I'm sure people hate him, he says too much crap not to. But I don't think that his persona is him IRL
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Both Edwards and Colby beat Masvidal, which will put him on a hell of a losing streak. He also turns 37 next week. 🥺
  • Options
    What a fight Holloway vs Rodriguez has been so far!
  • Options
    Holloway is one of those fighters who you just can't miss their fights. Constantly top quality.
  • Options
    I've got that 3-2 Holloway, that fight deserved a bigger crowd. UFC events have been insanely good in 2021
  • Options
    Holloway is one of those fighters who you just can't miss their fights. Constantly top quality.
    Holloway is not only one of the best fighters I'd also say he's the most likeable guy in the UFC hands down. So entertaining, skilled, seems such a good dude, and a total warrior.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First defeat for 7 years!
  • Options
    Holy fuck! Biggest upset since Holms Rousey?

Gaethje gets smashed, but Islam will be a threat to Charles. Apologies for sounding like a Khabib fanboy!
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Proper marmite character, but Can't help but find Paddy Pimblett endearing... he makes Hattons blowups inbetween fights look amateur.  He fought a 70kg 3 weeks ago and has apparently put on over 3 stone since. Apparently eating 11k calories a day before booze 🤣

https://instagram.com/stories/theufcbaddy/2815667767336031008?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Stress that must put on your body is ridiculous 
  • Options
    Forgot about this thread, so many great events since Pena beat Nunes. I was at UFC London.

Paddy is great but he won't get far in the UFC doing that nonsense.
  • Options
    I was at a sports bar in Liverpool watching it. People were going nuts!
  • Options
    Forgot about this thread, so many great events since Pena beat Nunes. I was at UFC London.

I don’t think he is quiet good enough to mix it with the best, so fair play to him for enjoying it whilst he can.
  • Options

I don’t think he is quiet good enough to mix it with the best, so fair play to him for enjoying it whilst he can.
    I hope when he retires he doesn't look back and think, "What if?".
  • Options

Agree big time, like him and enjoying the ride but he'd get exposed against anyone top 15 or even 20. If they give him Ilia Topuria next he'll get crushed hard
  • Options
    Also definitely think Yan won the fight on Saturday
  • Options
    Sure I've mentioned it before but I met Paddy years back, really nice lad, chatted to him for a while. Hope he does do well but yeah the way he fights you're kind of expecting it to go wrong at any moment. He is exciting though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also definitely think Yan won the fight on Saturday
    Was close and like most I had it 3-2 Yan. Scoring needs to change, Sterling dominated the second round but it would only get scored a 10-9, the same as what the judges would have given who won the close first round.

Fair play to Sterling for the improved performance, he lost every round of the first fight and only got  a rematch because of the ending. If that didn't happen Yan wins and he would had to fight back for another title shot. 

Calling out TJ is a sign IMO that Sterling knows the fans don't like him because of the first fight and like Colby he must believe that draws money. From a sporting point of a view Yan deserves a rematch and TJ is a drug cheat! 
  • Options
    Don't really care about drugs cheats in other sports but its absolutely disgusting in combat sports and should be a criminal offence imo. Michael Bisping lost an eye to a roided up Vitor Belfort who was allowed to continue to fight afterwards.
  • Options
    Oliveira didn't make weight! He can't defend the title but Justin can win it! Currently the title is technically vacant.
  • Options
    Charles fackin Oliveira man. What a special fighter, frightening composure when he goes for the finish. In my mind the best 155er to grace the UFC and a real likeable guy as well. Cracking fight that was 
  • Options
    That Michael Chandler front kick was a thing of beauty. Impossible not to love the guy
  • Options
    Charles fackin Oliveira man. What a special fighter, frightening composure when he goes for the finish. In my mind the best 155er to grace the UFC and a real likeable guy as well. Cracking fight that was 

That's some statement baring in mind who the former champion was. Some performance, the Islam Makhachev fight will be something else.

To me Charles is the P4P#1.

Chandler's promos are better than his fighting! Front kick was Anderson Silva Esque. Shame that someone who didn't watch the fight and will just see the KO will assume that Ferguson got smashed up and is passed it. He got caught with a thing of beauty and didn't let himself down. Sad that he's now on a four fight losing streak but he's still in the top ten IMO.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

That's some statement baring in mind who the former champion was. Some performance, the Islam Makhachev fight will be something else.

To me Charles is the P4P#1.

Chandler's promos are better than his fighting! Front kick was Anderson Silva Esque. Shame that someone who didn't watch the fight and will just see the KO will assume that Ferguson got smashed up and is passed it. He got caught with a thing of beauty and didn't let himself down. Sad that he's now on a four fight losing streak but he's still in the top ten IMO.
    He’d destroy Khabib, he’s a nightmare match up for Khabib. Great stand up, granite chin, arguably the best fighter in the UFC on his back, superb in the clinch, cardio machine, composed and also has genuine knockout power. Crazy how good he has become, most exciting fighter in the UFC right now, the bloke just doesn’t have a boring fight in him 
  • Options
    Let's see how he does against Islam, will give a rough idea how he would do against Khabib.

Fighting off your back gets nullified if the bloke has your legs tied up. Justin and Chandler both dropped Oliveira. I can't see Khabib being destroyed.
  • Options
    For all the shit cards I've got up at 3am for, I gave this one a slide and wow, do I regret it. 

The way the commentators were saying he's about to lose on points and needs to do something and then, bam, lights out. 

Only current British UFC champ? And to beat Usman of all the fighters... Unbelievable!