Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UFC Thread

Comments

• Options
    This really put into perspective for me how much the UFC fighters get ripped off 

No description available
  • Options
    I find it hard to compare conor with jones skill. Ridiculous mate! We’ll agree to disagree 😂 👍🏽
  • Options
    This really put into perspective for me how much the UFC fighters get ripped off 

No description available
    Doesn't tell the full story though.

Looking online yes Wilder v Fury only did 300k PPV buys.........in the US. But it did another 450k in the UK though.

There were also almost 18k fans in attendance at the actual event, and it made over $16m in gate receipts. Miocic v DC had precisely zero gate receipts as they fought last year during covid.

So it's not the best comparison.
  • Options

No description available

Looking online yes Wilder v Fury only did 300k PPV buys.........in the US. But it did another 450k in the UK though.

There were also almost 18k fans in attendance at the actual event, and it made over $16m in gate receipts. Miocic v DC had precisely zero gate receipts as they fought last year during covid.

Fair enough, i'd been duped. This is why you shouldn't take your info from Twitter lol
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    While we're on the subject of pay. The Reebok era has finished now, a total of $40m was paid out to fighters. That's an absolute disgrace imo, think just how many fights that is over 6 years. At the beginning it was said the deal was worth $70m to fighters, top tier were going from 6 figure sponsorships down to a maximum of $50k and you have to wonder how much the total figure is skewed towards people like McGregor. I'd like to see how much the UFC earned out of the deal. Is it any wonder the biggest names keep calling for more pay, they've seen first hand how much money the UFC/IMG is worth and they aren't getting a cut of it.
    The amount of revenue loss from not being able to show your sponsors on your shorts would have been a lot as well. Nate Diaz is right about fighters getting ripped off.

Is Izzy had won the fight would have been as big as a Francis fight. Two fighters who have never been defeated (trying to word that correctly!) It would have been huge.
  • Options
    I will never be able to understand the Jones being scared narrative. The guy fought Rampage and Shogun at 23, youngest ever champ and has beaten Machida, Vitor, Rashad Evans, DC twice... 

He's also far from the only fighter to have  disagreements over pay with the UFC - remember Dustin and Conor having to discuss a charity fight in order to get the UFC to the table.
  • Options

No description available

More people bought it in the UK than in USA? 🤯
  • Options

No description available

More people bought it in the UK than in USA? 🤯
    Yeah i don't think Wilder is that well known or popular in the US. At least he wasn't back then, probably is more so now.
  • Options
    Theres no way DC got paid $500k for title fight! Dont believe it. DW gives secret bonuses 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jones destroying DC twice shows the level hes at. 
  • Options
    • Paul Robson, 50, murdered Caroline Kayll, 47, at her home last year on the run
    • Robson was previously sentenced to 10 years for drugs and firearms offences
    • Ms Kayll had 60 injuries and died from blunt force to her head in the attack 
    • Her underage lover, 15, suffered 45 injuries including stab wounds and bites
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9418549/Cage-fighter-50-GUILTY-beating-teacher-girlfriend-47-death-affair-boy-15.html
  • Options
    Ngannou Lewis will be announced soon then 
  • Options
    Didn't see this coming!

• Options
    Great for Edwards, strange one for Nate to take. Excited for it though really interesting fight. 
  • Options
    It's a 5 rounder as well, first for a co-main event which isn't a title fight.
  • Options
    Also, Till out of his match vs Vettori, which I'm gutted about :(
  • Options
    WHAT?! Argh that is devastating, was so looking forward to that one. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Broken collarbone :(
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Argh. That's really annoyed me. Love Vettori and Till though so I guess I'm glad I don't have to see one of them lose. 

Hopefully someone steps in for Till. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Huskaris said:
    Huskaris said:
    Argh. That's really annoyed me. Love Vettori and Till though so I guess I'm glad I don't have to see one of them lose. 

Hopefully someone steps in for Till. 
    Kevin Holland already saying he's accepted the fight
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    WTF is Till doing to get a broken collarbone?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    colthe3rd said:
    Huskaris said:
    WTF is Till doing to get a broken collarbone?
    Sparring with Tom Aspinall probably -Don't think they fuck around at Kaobon
  • Options

Jon Jones has priced himself out of the fight. Incredibly predictable.

Wants more than what Khabib and Conor got COMBINED as a fight purse.

Laughable
  • Options
    Look at boxing purses. 

UFC underpay their fighters a HUGE amount and the fighters getting the flack for not accepting 20% of what boxers get is a joke. 
  • Options

Jon Jones has priced himself out of the fight. Incredibly predictable.

Wants more than what Khabib and Conor got COMBINED as a fight purse.

Laughable
    Surely he means after PPV buys have been taken into account and not just his fight purse? No way he can be demanding more than what Khabib and McGregor get combined.
  • Options
    Look at boxing purses. 

UFC underpay their fighters a HUGE amount and the fighters getting the flack for not accepting 20% of what boxers get is a joke. 
    Fury made 10 large from his first fight with Wilder... I'm all for him demanding more money, as ufc fighters are underpaid, but he isn't mcgregor and doesn't have that much sway. 10 million, I think is fair. 
  • Options
    Wasn't that just McGregor's show money? Sure he'd have got points on PPV as well.