Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UFC Thread

Comments

• Options
    The problem with an unorthodox style like Tony's, is when you get into trouble it rarely offers a way out except through something spectacular like an Iminari Roll.

Was painfully evident in the Gaethje fight especially, had no answer for the boxing and leg kicks, any of his explosiveness had been obliterated and lacked the defensive ability to either stay light on the front foot to check kicks, or to clinch up with Justin to recover from the bigger shots.
  • Options
    Not knowing the fundamentals is an issue with most ten planet students.
  • Options
    What a card this weekend!
  • Options
    What a card this weekend!
    Really good card! Prelims have been ok so far too
  • Options
    Great card, Paul Craig win was a beauty. 

Really happy for Moreno.

Adesanya doesn't really have any competition.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Really happy for Moreno.

I think Whittaker will beat him next fight 
  • Options
    I think Izzy beats him again.

What a weirdo Vettori is! Never thought i would see a successful guard pull in mma. 😳
  • Options
    Curbey said:
    Huskaris said:

Really happy for Moreno.

I think Whittaker will beat him next fight 
    Wow, will be very interested to see that! I always feel Adesanya isn't as good as his results suggest, and every time he proves me wrong. 

As he said himself "they have power, I have precision" and for me that is his #1 asset. 
  • Options
    Paul got his black belt after the fight.
  • Options
    I think Izzy retains the belt against Whittaker. Bobby has improved a lot since the last fight I just can't see him finishing Izzy and if it does go to points Izzy is the type of fighter is very tough to beat on points (at MW).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McGregor is a complete embarrassment. You can only chat that much shit when you are winning, otherwise you just look like a sore loser.

He should retire now, that was so cringey after the fight. 

And I loved every second of it. 
  • Options
    Pictures of his leg dont look good, time to retire though.. he wasn't winning that fight upto that point anyway. 

• Options
    edited July 2021
    How anyone can still like McGregor is beyond me. Great to see Dustin's wife/husband flip the bird at him.

• Options
    How anyone can still like McGregor is beyond me. Great to see Dustin's wife/husband flip the bird at him.

He's spent a good chunk of the last few years he's spent in an Octagon lying against the back fence. 

I was hoping he would get knocked out against the "Proper Twelve" pillar cushion that was in there. 
  • Options
    Classy guy 
  • Options
    Please please please win this Lewis. 

Lewis v Volkov is the fight that made me fall in love with the UFC.

Heart says Lewis, head says Gane. 
  • Options
    :(
  • Options
    Gane is legit but i think Ngannou beats him easy.

Silly having an interim title btw.
  • Options
    Usman or Covington then? My moneys on Usman, think he's so much better than he was during their first match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Usman or Covington then? My moneys on Usman, think he's so much better than he was during their first match.
    Usman is just an absolute beast, but the again so is Covington. First fight was an absolute banger, so will be interesting to see how this one goes. Maybe Covington will try to wrestle more.
  • Options
    Spoilt for choice this weekend. Decent card for UFC 268 and the Canelo vs Plant fight as well.

Usman for me, though. Reckon it'll be another war but Usman with the KO.
  • Options
    Rose and Colby double for me. 
  • Options
    Usman, Rose, Gaethje. Likewise i think Usman has improved since the the first fight. All three are close and could go either way. Last week was a great card as well.
  • Options
    There are no words to describe just how good that Gaethje Chandler fight was. 
  • Options
    Fight of the year.
  • Options
    Chandler just relies on those bombs, nearly worked mind but Gaethje as well as being a bit nuts is far superior technically. Cracking fight.

Thought Rose fought nearly the perfect fight, barely did a thing wrong. Was surprised to see how good Zhang was on the ground, would be good to see a trilogy some point down the line.

Got to give props to Colby for hanging in but I just don't really know what the gameplan was. He's never had knockout power and certainly won't work against Usman, granted it's not exactly easy to take him down either so you then are left with out working him but Colby just didn't throw enough. If that fight happens another 100 times it'll go the exact same way.
  • Options
    With Colby being respectful post match perhaps he'll tone down the silliness?

Maybe i'm in the minority, but i wanted to see the fight because i knew he'll be a threat to Usman and not because of his comments? 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    With Colby being respectful post match perhaps he'll tone down the silliness?

Maybe i'm in the minority, but i wanted to see the fight because i knew he'll be a threat to Usman and not because of his comments? 🤷🏻‍♂️
    In the post-fight presser he was straight back to douchebag Colby so I wouldn't hold your breath 
  • Options
    Its a shame Colby is actually quite good, because the bloke is a complete c**t. Hopefully Edwards puts away Masvidal, then we can have Usman vs Edwards & Colby vs Masvidal. The build up to the latter will be insane!