Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UFC Thread

Comments

• Options
    Second ever UK champion.

One of the biggest upsets ever. I'm still in shock. The timing of it with what the commentators were saying was like a movie script 

His next opponents are Usman then Belal Muhammad.
  • Options
    I couldn't sleep for about 2 hours after the fight, absolutely gobsmacked. UK MMA goes from strength to strength
  • Options
    Absolutely fantastic stuff, so happy for him. Was so close in that first round and then a highlight for the ages at the end.

As great as Usman is he is guilty of coasting to victories, I guess it is because of how dominant he is but it's exactly why he'll never be a fans favourite.

Added bonus was shutting Rogan and DC up, they really are terrible commentators. Just in that fight alone saying how great Herb is yet he got the eye poke and low blow wrong (not to mention all the late stoppages he has). 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Absolutely fantastic stuff, so happy for him. Was so close in that first round and then a highlight for the ages at the end.

As great as Usman is he is guilty of coasting to victories, I guess it is because of how dominant he is but it's exactly why he'll never be a fans favourite.

Added bonus was shutting Rogan and DC up, they really are terrible commentators. Just in that fight alone saying how great Herb is yet he got the eye poke and low blow wrong (not to mention all the late stoppages he has). 
    Dean pulled up Edwards for holding the cage multiple times but just seemed to completely ignore any time Usman did it. 

They also need to sort the ring out where the cage meets the floor. Edwards getting his foot stuck could've cost him dearly on another night!
  • Options
    The Rockhold fight was savage.

Loved seeing Usman get put to sleep. Great card.
  • Options
    They also need to sort the gloves out. Way to many eye pokes.

No idea why they don't use the pride gloves.

• Options
    They also need to sort the gloves out. Way to many eye pokes.

No idea why they don't use the pride gloves.

They had the guy that invented the gloves on the left on JRE. The UFC loved the gloves but want to own the patent, when the inventor said they couldn't the UFC froze him out.
  • Options
    Don't they use similar in ONE? As with most things UFC it all comes down to profit.
  • Options
    Controversially I much prefer having all the UFC fighters in the same brand of fighting gear. Makes the product look much more professional. I did prefer Reebok to Venom though 
  • Options
    Controversially I much prefer having all the UFC fighters in the same brand of fighting gear. Makes the product look much more professional. I did prefer Reebok to Venom though 
    Problem is the sponsorship deals cost the fighters so much money - Ngannou said the other day he'd missed out on a 1 million crypto sponsorship because of UFC's contract with Crypto.com. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Second ever UK champion.

One of the biggest upsets ever. I'm still in shock. The timing of it with what the commentators were saying was like a movie script 

His next opponents are Usman then Belal Muhammad.
    And on top of that, the first to ever do it whilst training in the UK - Team Renegade in Brum.

Bisping did it with Parillo in the RVCA gym in Cali or wherever he was based. 
  • Options
    I really think Arnold Allen has a great chance of being the next UK champion. Very likeable guy too boot! The only issue is Volk looks pretty much unstoppable at the moment.
  • Options
    I really think Arnold Allen has a great chance of being the next UK champion. Very likeable guy too boot! The only issue is Volk looks pretty much unstoppable at the moment.
    Volk may move up to lightweight. 
  • Options
    Volk may move up to lightweight. 
    I think he said he wanted to have a crack at LW whilst still holding FW and become an active 2 div champ hopefully, don't think he was planning on vacating at FW from the way I understood him
  • Options
    Yeah he will defo be targeting double champ status. But sooner or later he'd have to vacate at FW. I'd like to see Allen fight Kattar, seems a decent level gatekeeper 
  • Options
    Yeah he will defo be targeting double champ status. But sooner or later he'd have to vacate at FW. I'd like to see Allen fight Kattar, seems a decent level gatekeeper 
    Would be a good litmus test for him in the top 10 definitely. 
  • Options
    That has to be up there with the greatest shocks in.combat sports history. Usman is class, looks horrible to fight, can wrestle and punch. Leon Edwards, British World champ having beaten a pound for pound great
  • Options
    Usman 100% deserves a rematch for what he has accomplished but i'd love to see Edwards fight someone else first
  • Options
    Masvidal doesn't even nearly deserve a title shot but i'd love to see Leon tear him apart 
  • Options
    Masvidal doesn't even nearly deserve a title shot but i'd love to see Leon tear him apart 
    He's lost his last 3 so shouldn't be in the discussion. Usman at Wembley could be interesting, can't see it selling out though unless it's priced sensibly. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's lost his last 3 so shouldn't be in the discussion. Usman at Wembley could be interesting, can't see it selling out though unless it's priced sensibly. 
    100% agree i'd just love Edwards to get revenge for the 'three piece & a soda' 

At Wembley I think you'd need Pimblett, McCann, Allen, Till & Craig all on the card to maximise the chances of it selling out. Will likely come around too soon for Aspinall unfortunately.

• Options
    Presumably it would also be in winter as well so can't see that happening. We never get big fights over here, Dana knows he can just put on crap cards and still be able to sell out the O2.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Presumably it would also be in winter as well so can't see that happening. We never get big fights over here, Dana knows he can just put on crap cards and still be able to sell out the O2.
    Yeah, will probably be in the winter. I can't see them holding off of the rematch until the summer. Unless they have Edwards make a defence in the winter against someone, which is unlikely and could screw up Wembley. Although maybe they could do a Wembley show with Edwards main eventing after losing the strap? Seems to be more interest in Joshua over the weekend that Edwards. I'm not sure.

UFC London is mainly European fighters with some American opponents, which is why they're usually fight nights and not PPVs. Having a world champion could change that. Guess they'll double the fight night ticket prices!
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Yeah, will probably be in the winter. I can't see them holding off of the rematch until the summer. Unless they have Edwards make a defence in the winter against someone, which is unlikely and could screw up Wembley. Although maybe they could do a Wembley show with Edwards main eventing after losing the strap? Seems to be more interest in Joshua over the weekend that Edwards. I'm not sure.

UFC London is mainly European fighters with some American opponents, which is why they're usually fight nights and not PPVs. Having a world champion could change that. Guess they'll double the fight night ticket prices!
    Think I'm right in saying the last PPV held here was Bisping v Henderson, pretty sure that only happened as Bisping forced it. It was held at US time as well so not sure how that works for a stadium. Think Dana is talking out of his arse as usual.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:

Think I'm right in saying the last PPV held here was Bisping v Henderson, pretty sure that only happened as Bisping forced it. It was held at US time as well so not sure how that works for a stadium. Think Dana is talking out of his arse as usual.
    I don't even care if it is at US time - I was at Bisping V Hendo and it was awesome. Would go to another UK PPV in an instant.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:

I don't even care if it is at US time - I was at Bisping V Hendo and it was awesome. Would go to another UK PPV in an instant.
    It's been on my bucket list for ages. I'm 100% going to the next one
  • Options
    Just looking at UFC279. My word that's the worst card for a numbered UFC event i've ever seen! 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:

Even in a stadium? Combat sports are terrible to watch in a stadium, actually scrap that they are terrible to watch unless you are sat close enough. The amount I've been to and thought an opinion of an outcome only to watch it back on TV and be completely wrong. 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:

Even in a stadium? Combat sports are terrible to watch in a stadium, actually scrap that they are terrible to watch unless you are sat close enough. The amount I've been to and thought an opinion of an outcome only to watch it back on TV and be completely wrong. 
    Bisping V Hendo was in the AO Arena, so could still see pretty clearly from where we were sitting in the first tier of stands, been to a Bellator + a Cage Warriors since then and could see fine at them, but I hadn't thought about how different it could be in a stadium tbh!
  • Options
    Just looking at UFC279. My word that's the worst card for a numbered UFC event i've ever seen! 
    Nate v Khamzat is an hilarious main event. I believe it's Nate's last fight of his deal? UFC 280 looks the opposite.