Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Options
    Those loyal best fans in the league are leaving already with 15 mins to play 
  • Options
    Apart from Southampton, really wouldn't want to call who is going down from the PL - just one win separates 13th to 19th. 
  • Options
    Yeah it's pretty hard to quantify just how bad that result was for them.
  • Options
    Forest win at Southampton.

Not a good start for Nathan Jones, losing his first 4 PL games
    Genuinely forgot they'd sacked Hassenhuttl and appointed him.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Valley11 said:
    Those loyal best fans in the league are leaving already with 15 mins to play 
    It's a school night and mum has just pulled up in her Volvo to take them home...
    Just finished the big shop in Sainsburys.
  • Options
    Well thank you Dr Palace.
    Just what the Doc ordered.  Didnt see that coming at HT.

Did anyone else noticed Sky turning down the mics on the Spurs in the Arthur Wake when the anti-Levy stuff was going on?
  • Options

Thought it was a strange appointment at the time given how he flopped at Stoke. Unless he gets his act together soon he might not even see out the season.
  • Options

Thought it was a strange appointment at the time given how he flopped at Stoke. Unless he gets his act together soon he might not even see out the season.
    Les Reed length spell if he's not careful.
  • Options
    See he took responsibility for the defeat, that's good of him as he picks the team and decides the tactics.

Cowley at Portsmouth was the same in both games Pompey lost to us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apart from Southampton, really wouldn't want to call who is going down from the PL - just one win separates 13th to 19th. 
    Bournemouth are finishing 20th no matter what tbh
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    eh ?
  • Options
    Bournemouth and Southampton look the obvious 2 at the moment. Plenty of clubs in trouble and the window will probably play a big part. Wolves seem like they're going to do some business and with a decent manager you'd expect them to be ok. Everton desperately need a striker and they'll probably sack Lampard. Leeds could be the third one for me. 
  • Options
    Bournemouth, Forest still and Southampton would be my guess as it stands, but there's always a surprise. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Leuth said:
    eh ?

Leuth said:
    For some reason I read this as Portsmouth !!!
  • Options
    I'm not sure if you can call it a surprise but Leeds don't appear to have that much about them at the moment - two wins in their last 15 games, one at Anfield and the other a 4-3 home victory against Bournemouth. 9/2 is available on them currently for the drop. The window will tell us more about their ambitions. 
  • Options
    Ex Charlton youngster, Omari Hutchinson, has just come on to make his PL debut for Chelsea
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    From BBC Sport:

Posted at 21:5021:50

Get Involved

Tweet using #bbcfootball or Text 81111 (UK standard rates apply)

Anon: A list of strikers who haven't worked out at Chelsea - Crespo, Kezman, Mutu, Shevchenko, Pizarro, Pato, Torres, Remy, Morata, Higuain, Lukaku, Batshuayi, Werner, now Aubameyang. What it is about Chelsea that wastes so many good strikers?

I can only think of Drogba, Anelka and Diego Costa off the top of my head as strikers who've done well there since Abramovic (and now Boehly) arrived?

Although Crespo wasn't that bad.

• Options
    They’ve signed a players who were past their best and who weren’t suited to English football. Still some major flops has to be said. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Awful goalkeeping by the way, its literally right in front of him, just cut out the cross!

• Options
    From BBC Sport:

Posted at 21:5021:50

Get Involved

Tweet using #bbcfootball or Text 81111 (UK standard rates apply)

Anon: A list of strikers who haven't worked out at Chelsea - Crespo, Kezman, Mutu, Shevchenko, Pizarro, Pato, Torres, Remy, Morata, Higuain, Lukaku, Batshuayi, Werner, now Aubameyang. What it is about Chelsea that wastes so many good strikers?

I can only think of Drogba, Anelka and Diego Costa off the top of my head as strikers who've done well there since Abramovic (and now Boehly) arrived?

Although Crespo wasn't that bad.

Other forward signings that didn't work out - Demba Ba, Falcao and of course Mo Salah

Eto'o did OK in his short stay but that's probably about all
  • Options
    I wouldn’t have said Crespo flopped either. Came with a lot of expectation but generally did ok. 
  • Options
    Awful goalkeeping by the way, its literally right in front of him, just cut out the cross!

That was awful by Kepa. The way Martin Tyler was talking, you'd have thought that Grealish had delivered an unstoppable cross, which wasn't the case at all.
  • Options
    If Cucurella is worth £60m I’m worth £40m
  • Options
    Special shout out to Chelsea, spent almost 300m since last summer and currently sit 10th! They've spent 200m on defenders and are now after Enzo Fernandez when their issue to anyone watching them is surely their lack of a striker.

Admittedly they do have a lot of injuries though, Kante, James, Chilwell, Fofana who would surely all be first team starters when fit.

I don't like Chelsea but i hope they give Potter time. They gave him a 5 year contract with a promise of time to put his plans in place so surely need to give him until at least next Christmas. He'd probably be gone though if Abramovich was still there.
  • Options
    Wait... How isnt that a Fulham penalty?
  • Options
    Whoops Joao Felix sent off in his very first Chelsea game.
  • Options
    And here's Peter Walton...

'Yep.  He's dirty Chelsea scum!'

Thanks Peter.