Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jackson: Where does he go from here? (P6. AFC Wimbledon)

Punditry, another job, focusing on his coaching? 

Where do you think we'll see Jackson next? 

I always assumed from his playing days that he fancied himself as a pundit. Though working under Robinson, Bowyer and now manager seems to have indicated him wanting to work on the coaching side of the sport. 

Perhaps Powell could get him back in Tottenham as an ex-pro wanting some coaching experience. 

Comments

• Swisdom said:
    My guess is Spurs in one of the youth roles.  Working with Powell.
    Not after the Nile John debacle  :D
  • Popular and talented guy, with plenty of friends in the game. He won't be short of offers, but all of them will be a step down from managing Charlton (from his perspective). 
  • Curbs said LMA stats show that 60% of first time managers never get another management role.

Hope he's one of the 40% but it will be hard.

Colchester maybe.
  • Assistant at a Championship side, or manager at a Gillingham type L2 job.

Honestly think he may prefer the former.  
  • On a much deserved holiday in the Caribbean I would imagine…
  • Birmingham under Bowyer if he survives. 
    Or with Bowyer at another gig.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well, he wont be turning up at Spurs anytime soon as its only our fans who want ex players as managers...😄
  • I think, he will find it hard to get back in, but he seems the kind of guy who if he wants something won't give in, Charlton legend and wish him nothing but good fortune
  • Charlton TV
  • Well, he wont be turning up at Spurs anytime soon as its only our fans who want ex players as managers...😄
    Well Spurs had Chris Hughton, Steve Perryman, Bill Nicholson and Glenn Hoddle as managers - all ex Spurs players ….
    Well Spurs had Chris Hughton, Steve Perryman, Bill Nicholson and Glenn Hoddle as managers - all ex Spurs players ….
    Tim Sherwood.
    Tim Sherwood.
    Yep - and Clive Allen, albeit Clive and Tim not true managers

Oh I forgot Ossie Ardiles as well
  • Appleton/Jacko - the dream team for QPR. 
  • I really don’t know, it will be tough for him, but I wish him all the luck and would love to see him go on to be a big success. 
  • Hopefully a first team gig in L2. Someone with room to grow. Crawley, Orient or Bradford wouldn't be the worst moves mid table L2 sides that will go nowhere without managerial changes.
  • Sponsored links:

• The pub 
  • Fishing in France with bows
  • I think he’ll eventually pitch up in non league. If he can make a success there then he might just get another league one or league two gig. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Charlton TV
    Not sure Sandgaard would allow that. Can’t imagine JJ would be well disposed towards him right now. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Hopefully a first team gig in L2. Someone with room to grow. Crawley, Orient or Bradford wouldn't be the worst moves mid table L2 sides that will go nowhere without managerial changes.
    Agreed. He has a decent points per game record at a club with recruitment issues, so I think someone will take a chance on him. 
  • Think the Powell/Spurs route might be the one.
    Venables and Ossie
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Hopefully a first team gig in L2. Someone with room to grow. Crawley, Orient or Bradford wouldn't be the worst moves mid table L2 sides that will go nowhere without managerial changes.
    Mark Hughes has only just gone to Bradford.  On a side note they have just appointed Mr Gent as there head of recruitment.  Be like us appointing Mr Floyd.
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    Well, he wont be turning up at Spurs anytime soon as its only our fans who want ex players as managers...😄
    Venables and Ossie
    I added Ossie in post comment, but yep, good call, I forgot Terence 

I can’t be arsed, but we could have a thread of clubs where ex players managed them e.g. Kenny at Liverpool