Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackson: Where does he go from here? (P6. AFC Wimbledon)

Comments

• Options
    Wish him nothing but the very best. He's lucky to get a second chance in some ways - I think Curbs said about 60% of first time managers never get another chance - so I hope he is a huge success there. 

As others have said, a fresh start and being in charge of a bunch of players he won't be so friendly with as here might be the making of him. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Would be nice to have a preseason fixture there.   Ronny D. ;)
  • Options
    All the best to him. Top man, but the football his side played... Eurgh 
    Vomit GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • Options
    Hope they storm the league
  • Options
    Really pleased for him, but still sad for us.

I still believe he was an extremely intelligent footballer who, had he more natural talent/ability would have graced the premier league for much of his career.

Those type of players tend to make very good managers, he's also a top bloke as we all know which only helps.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    _MrDick said:
    I wonder in any Charlton fans will start supporting AFC now that he’s in situ? After the sacking, I did read on Twitter that some fans were done with Charlton 
    Surely they support Charlton and not a manager? 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    I wonder in any Charlton fans will start supporting AFC now that he’s in situ? After the sacking, I did read on Twitter that some fans were done with Charlton 
    You have seen some of the comments on here since Jacko got sacked right? 😂
  • Options
    All the best JJ, see you when you get promoted back to league one, we will still be here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wishing him all the best. I think he will be a success but of course nobody knows. In much the same way nobody knows if our next manager will be. 
  • Options
    Good luck to him, he deserves a chance. It wasn’t working with us, so we move on and I certainly wouldn’t begrudge him any success if he can make his philosophy work, it wasn’t for me but supported him as much as possible until I think the inevitable happened. However, sandgaard HAS to make the next appointment the right one otherwise people will be saying I told you so!!.😬
  • Options
    Missing you already, Jacko but 100% sure you will be appreciated at your new "home". 

I wish you everything you could possibly wish for yourself & know you will give it your all. 

Bless your cotton socks x 

Note to TS....Remember that Joni Mitchell song ? " You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone " ? .....
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    You have seen some of the comments on here since Jacko got sacked right? 😂
    I’ve tried to avoid to be honest. 
  • Options
    Thought it was going to be another Sex In The Centre Circle moments then…😳

Good luck Jacko,hope it goes well for u,wishing  u every success in ya new job…as long as ya not beating us regularly…🤞🏻
  • Options
    Good luck, see you in the Pizza Trophy.
  • Options
    I wish Jacko all the best, but also have no great love for Wimbledon, even though I have massive respect for the efforts made to return to Plough Lane. Financially things are tight there, no rich Danish American owner to cover the losses, so I have no confidence that they'll bounce straight back.

While Jacko might moan about his injured strikers, Mark Robinson has far more reason to feel hard done by, losing his main striker in January to Wrexham 2 divisions lower.
  • Options
    I can't see him bringing in many of our players, the wages they'd want might be too high. 

Last season they relied on the loan market a lot. I hope he hasn't burnt any bridges with the PL clubs...
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Missing you already, Jacko but 100% sure you will be appreciated at your new "home". 

I wish you everything you could possibly wish for yourself & know you will give it your all. 

Note to TS....Remember that Joni Mitchell song ? " You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone " ? .....
    I appreciate you are a big fan of JJ Fanny, however if, and at the moment it’s a big if, the next bloke is celebrating on the pitch at the end of next season, we will all be there with him and singing TS new promotion single. It really wasn’t working and I think the change was needed, it’s down to Jackson to prove Thomas made the wrong call.
    Let's wait & see .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jason Pearce player coach at Wimbledon? 

• Options
    I'm pleased for JJ.
    He didn't want to go back as an assistant.
    I wonder what the realistic ambition is for a club like Wimbledon in 2022. No crazy gang in this reincarnation. A local club where many folk have worked hard after the original was hijacked to get back home.
    Wish JJ well.
    Bottom end of the Championship should be achievable long term you’d hope. Certainly has the fan base.
    They averaged crowds of 7500 this season which doesn't even put them in the top 10 in league one. Hardly a sleeping giant.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    christ that stadium is shit 
    View was terrible from the side of the pitch if you’re near the front. The concourse is decent though. 

Ground is fairly near me, and I might go the the odd game if Charlton aren’t playing, as a mate is a season ticket holder. But I don’t like them. 
    You've gone from millwall to Charlton and now Wimbledon 😂
    You’ve forgotten Spurs, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, and Mid Rhondda (who don’t even exist). 
  • Options
    I'm pleased for JJ.
    He didn't want to go back as an assistant.
    I wonder what the realistic ambition is for a club like Wimbledon in 2022. No crazy gang in this reincarnation. A local club where many folk have worked hard after the original was hijacked to get back home.
    Wish JJ well.
    Bottom end of the Championship should be achievable long term you’d hope. Certainly has the fan base.
    They averaged crowds of 7500 this season which doesn't even put them in the top 10 in league one. Hardly a sleeping giant.
    They only took 1,233 to The Valley, a Saturday game, which also indicates that their fanbase isn't that large.
  • Options
    Good move for JJ and really hope he does well. Now hopefully the rows about him going will stop. Time for all concerned to move on
  • Options

The one about repairing pot holes in the car park?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    AndyG said:
    Although I am not a fan of 352 wasn't  Jackson's win record the best in Charlton  History. 

Must be something other than playing style and results factor overall. 

I wonder what.
    Oh come on stop trying to big up last seasons results ! The problem quite clearly was that even whilst winning the performances were dire, absolutely no excuse for the dross that we played regardless of win ratios. Bums on seats is the driving force and apart from us nutters who would bother crossing the road to watch that tripe ?
    I am not bigging up anything...his win ratio is 47%. The best by a Charlton player... that is not tripe , it is fact. A strange fact admittedly but one influenced by not many draws and quite a lot of defeats. There were 4 or 5 good performances though against the better teams.

I was surprised Jackson went on holiday  with Dobson.  I don't see how you can be seen as in authority doing that . 

Mostly I was bored though by the dire crap, especially at Accrington and more so at Ipswich. Something was very wrong in the dressing room by then.
    Did he though? It was just a picture of them having dinner together while on holiday I thought?

His win ratio was based on how many games? There are other managers who may have had as good a ratio (or better) over the same number of games during part of their time as manager. 
    For example in the 1934/5 season Charlton won 23 of their 42 matches, well over 50%. 
    Don’t know who the manager was though. 
    So you don't know the manager of Charlton in the 1934/35 season? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    It was a long time ago, and football was a completely different game back then. 

PS Who’s whooshing who here, @addick1956?
  • Options
    Big love for JJ, shame he's joined Wimbledon. Cannot stand the fans, i hope they get relegated.
  • Options
    With Pearce at the back, and Taylor in attack, we’re AFC Wimbledon we’re on our way back
  • Options
    Good luck JJ, you will always be warmly welcomed on visits to Charlton.