Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jackson: Where does he go from here? (P6. AFC Wimbledon)

Comments

• Happy for JJ, and think it’s a good move for him.  Has a chance now to prove to doubters, me massively among them, what he can do. 

Hopefully he will be given some time there to really develop as a coach. 
  • classy video and the best of luck JJ, maybe you'll pass us as we get relegated and you get promoted
  • Good luck Jacko
  • JJ is 40 in August and the Wimbledon side are quite young so he will be gaffer and won't be already mates; unless Jason Pearce gets a 1 year playing contract and a coaching contract with an age group.

New start and a different journey.  
  • Very glad JJ has a fresh start. He didn'y convince me over the season he was the right man for the job, but he was a hugely loyal srvant of the club (we may well have been relegated without him) and i wish him nothing but success in the future. I hope we meet them and the fans can show their appreciation.
  • Best of luck to him. The end of an era for us, but the start of another for him maybe. 
  • Wish him nothing but the best in his career. I think a fresh start at another club, with lower expectations, is the best result for all concerned.
  • Sponsored links:

• JJ is 40 in August and the Wimbledon side are quite young so he will be gaffer and won't be already mates; unless Jason Pearce gets a 1 year playing contract and a coaching contract with an age group.

New start and a different journey.  
    really felt that his close friendship with some of the players didn't help us when things didn't play out how he wanted. Could he really give his pal "Gilbs" the kick up the arse he deserved? 
  • edited May 2022
    Is he putting on a bit of lumber though..?

;) 
  • Good luck, Johnny.
  • Good luck Jacko and the Skiv
  • I'm pleased for JJ.
    He didn't want to go back as an assistant.
    I wonder what the realistic ambition is for a club like Wimbledon in 2022. No crazy gang in this reincarnation. A local club where many folk have worked hard after the original was hijacked to get back home.
    Wish JJ well.
    Bottom end of the Championship should be achievable long term you’d hope. Certainly has the fan base.
    Not sure the fan base is all that is it?
  • Good luck JJ.  Hopefully the making of you in football management.
  • Good luck Jacko wish you all the best you deserve it. Thanks for all you did for Charlton you will be missed.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Good luck Johnnie. Whether people thought you should have been kept on or not, everyone at Charlton will no doubt be wishing you success. Really hope you make a success of it there. It’s a good club that supports its manager. 

If there was one player I could see going with him, it would be Morgan.
    Hopefully 
  • That’s us drawing (& losing to) AFC Wimbledon in a cup competition next season then 
  • Sponsored links:

• Best of luck JJ - always a CAFC legend....you'll be back one day

guaranteed to play them in the Pizza cup now
  • Pleased for JJ and good luck to him. Suspect Conor will be out of budget range for AFCW but can see Pearce and Matthews joining him over the coming weeks and doing a bloody good job at L2 level.

Will go and cheer him on over a game or two, as committed to above. 
  • Wanted him to stay and think he would’ve been a huge success with us. But very happy he’s found a home without having to move his family and a place he can build a reputation. 
    Bet we come to regret it.
    Good luck Jacko.
  • Best of luck Jacko. 
  • christ that stadium is shit 
    3 stands are semi temporary. You're not wrong by the way, just throwing some rationale out there as to why
  • He’ll probably sign Washington.
    Stewart said:
    Could Conor Washington end up there as well? 
    That would be a proper coup. Conor will get a League One gig without a problem. I wouldn't even be surprised to see him get a gig as back-up at a lower Champ club like Reading or Bristol City. That or he'll go back to Scotland.
    I would. I doubt he will get a top half league 1 team. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    christ that stadium is shit 
    View was terrible from the side of the pitch if you’re near the front. The concourse is decent though. 

Ground is fairly near me, and I might go the the odd game if Charlton aren’t playing, as a mate is a season ticket holder. But I don’t like them. 
    You've gone from millwall to Charlton and now Wimbledon 😂
    A new terminology  to Groundhopping that one