Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jackson: Where does he go from here? (P6. AFC Wimbledon)

Comments

• Iirc Mike Bailey had the best win ratio for Charlton managers. 

His only full season resulted in a promotion and I always wonder what might have been had he not decamped to Brighton. 
  • Win ratios are misleading when you don't separate out the division they were played in. Bowyer's and Powell's would look really good, if you just look at L1 games.
  • Jackson is a womble.
  • Good luck to him. Think its a job that suits all parties. Good platform for JJ to start anew whilst rebuilding at AFC. 
  • Good luck to him. I wonder if he will bring any players along with him? 
  • Good luck to him. I wonder if he will bring any players along with him? 
    If he has any sense, no!
  • Sponsored links:

• Just been told this by a Wimbledon supporting friend. Come on here to post the scoop, and I'm too slow
  • Tough gig as they won't be challenging for promotion next season. Few years in League Two might not be the best on the CV.
  • Good move for him. Would be helpful for sending them a couple of our younger players on loan as well. 
  • Think it’s the right level and club fir him .. expect Euell to join him 
    I asked the question (see message above) and was told that this is very unlikely as they have a small budget and won't be able to afford the compensation. The coaching staff will be from the out of work pool or from within
  • Croydon said:
    Tough gig as they won't be challenging for promotion next season. Few years in League Two might not be the best on the CV.
    Without knowing much about their situation, how come?
  • Think it’s the right level and club fir him .. expect Euell to join him 
    I asked the question (see message above) and was told that this is very unlikely as they have a small budget and won't be able to afford the compensation. The coaching staff will be from the out of work pool or from within
    Skiverton is available 
  • edited May 2022
    Wouldnt be surprised if Jason Pearce joined Jacko in a player/coach role.
    The gaffa didn't want me?

I would be shocked if Pearce or Euell went there.  The one that wouldn't surprise me is Watson as a coach. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

I would be shocked if Pearce or Euell went there.  The one that wouldn't surprise me is Watson as a coach. 
    I looked at the Pearce situation with us trying to get younger blood in. AFC could need that leader and its a good chance for Pearce to crack on with coaching whilst having his last playing year.

Think Pearce said he knew it wasnt personal so could see it.

Jason Euell wont go though.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2022
    Richard J said:
    Iirc Mike Bailey had the best win ratio for Charlton managers. 

His only full season resulted in a promotion and I always wonder what might have been had he not decamped to Brighton. 
    Nugent win ratio was 66.7%
  • Wonder if he would be able to bring in Washington? Probably unlikely but they will have some money with likely sale of Rudoni. Morgan on loan could work for both parties? 
  • Hope he gets the job and does well
  • Hope he does great there. I believe he will back managing us one day. I expect he feels he has unfinished business, just needs to be successful somewhere else first.
  • Relief to hear the news. JJ didn't deserve dismissal, and handling of his departure if accurate was undignified. 
    Keep eating the prunes JJ - our best wishes go with you
  • It will do our JJ some good to be out of the Charlton circus and be somewhere fresh, we’ll see him back in a dugout at The Valley one day that is for sure.
  • Although I am not a fan of 352 wasn't  Jackson's win record the best in Charlton  History. 

Must be something other than playing style and results factor overall. 

I wonder what.

Johnnie Jackson won 17 out of 30 League  matches in the two spells he was in charge.
    % win rate #cafc under Sandgaard up to 30/4/2022

League games only

Bowyer: 42% - 14/33
    Adkins: 30% - 7/23
    Jackson: 47%  - 16/34
  • Good luck to him expect when they play us in the prem. Or the conference whichever comes first. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

The gaffer will want Pearce at Wimbledon as a player and Jason wants one more season playing.
    So pleased for Johnnie Jackson. I would imagine the budget is mid table at best so he won't have the same pressure to be top 8 in League 1 after taking over in 22nd  place.

I had a feeling it would be Colchester but I'm still adamant he will find success as a manager. 
    League 2 will be great for JJ and  a full summer to get the players in to fit the system he wants: I will be amazed if it isn't 3-5-2 and hopefully  has learnt to change during a game to 5-3-2 when needs must like game management and not being more open than my lovely corner shop.