Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackson: Where does he go from here? (P6. AFC Wimbledon)

Comments

• Options
    I think he’ll eventually pitch up in non league. If he can make a success there then he might just get another league one or league two gig. 
    Southend?
  • Options
    Whoever he manages, you can bet he'd beat us first time we play his team. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Popular and talented guy, with plenty of friends in the game. He won't be short of offers, but all of them will be a step down from managing Charlton (from his perspective). 
    A step down from managing Charlton? After that season it is hard to imagine that such a thing exists.
  • Options
    Maybe ghost writing this is one of the other projects @Airman Brown had in mind once he's done with the Voice?
  • Options
    Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he pitched up at Crawley, John Yems is currently suspended for off the field reasons. Could see their new American owners seeing Jacko as a bit of a coup. 
  • Options
    ....is it down to the lake i fear
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Might be a small lake with boats on. He could shout, “come in number 4, your time is up”.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love love, love plus one
  • Options
    championship assistant and then manager in a few years. Hopefully also writing a book about his 12 years at Charlton 
  • Options
    Love love, love plus one
    What are the lyrics to the bit that sounds like…..

Wank, ‘ave a wank, ‘ave a wank, ‘ave a wank’ ave a…….?

That’s what we used to sing as kids anyway 😄
  • Options

I had to try really hard not to post that. Thanks for giving in before i did.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he pitched up at Crawley, John Yems is currently suspended for off the field reasons. Could see their new American owners seeing Jacko as a bit of a coup. 
    Good call, if he wants to get back in to management straight away
  • Options
    I still feel Johnnie will have success as a manager. I'm not convinced he really failed this season as 15 wins and 13 losses showed. The disappointments were the loan players this season with even Famewo being so erratic. Well done JJ for improving George Dobson, CBT and Sean Clare who can play in 4 difference positions. Fraser turning up not fit, Covid and a knee problem didn't help plus Gilbey our box to box player losing his form and his brains after the two yellows cards. 
    As for Inniss who only finished about 20 games in two seasons out of 92 when he could've been a rock.
    Not sure who Colchester's manager is but a club like that would be a great place to show that JJ can be successful with the flexible 3-5-2 as long as you have pace in those positions and a team that can adapt.

Still feel gutted that Johnnie couldn't be the boss for next season after bringing in new players to fit his formation. 
  • Options
    Plenty of possibilities for JJ. I think a break might do him good. He hasn't just been fired from a job as a football manager. His complete involvement with one club for a decade has suddenly ended. That will have some grief come with it. 
    I'd like to see him take a Div2 position when he does come back and be given time to develop a team and build it as he wasn't given that sort of latitude here. Wish him all the best and who knows ... The Charlton job may very well be his again one day ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bottom line was the football wasn’t good as he was trying to shoehorn players into unnatural positions and frankly not good enough. Should have played 4-4-2 more often or even 4-5-1 to grind out a result. That last game was shocking for me and I wouldn’t have renewed my Charlton TV subscription unless major changes were made. Still love JJ as he is a true club legend. I lost my job of 20 years over 2 years ago. It’s gutting at first but you adapt and move on. I feel it has made me better at what I do. Hopefully it will be the same for JJ. 
  • Options
    The States would have some wonderful opportunities for him.
  • Options
    I think moving from Club captain to manager is a difficult transition for anyone, especially a nice person.
    I think he could do a good job for clubs like Crawley, Swindon, Sutton or Bristol City and make a name for himself as a manager.
  • Options
    I think Jacko has a good reputation in the game and, given the mitigating factors, I don't think that will be particularly tarnished by his dismissal from Charlton. Hopefully, he can get another position, whether as a manager or, if no suitable opportunity arises, as an assistant. The degree of manager churn is phenomenal, especially in the lower divisions, so there should be some openings a few months into the season. when boards start to panic.

I'm reasonably optimistic that he'll be able to get back into the game and, like all Charlton supporters, wish him every good fortune for the future.
  • Options
    Job centre?
  • Options
    He will be fine. Take a Swindon, Gills, Orient job and will do well. This job was too big for him. I could never see him climbing the divisions with TS tbh. 
    That's ok I don't see us climbing the divisions with TS tbh 
  • Options
    I am not sure where he can go to be honest.  I don’t mean that in a derogatory way, simply that I can’t see now what the next step will be.  

He probably got the chance of being manager for us by default and the time he’d spent with us (quite rightly given the situation), however, I don’t know what sort of opportunities are open to him to be manager anywhere else based on 6 or so months at a club he was well known at

Perhaps a coaching role somewhere.  Am I right in thinking he lives in Hertfordshire or near that way? 
  • Options
    He is obviously a well liked and respected football man. I'm sure he will manage again soon if he wants to. Crawley would be a good fit imo. But I think alot of lower league clubs would give him a chance. I think he should have done that anyway and then come back to us
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Perhaps a coaching role somewhere.  Am I right in thinking he lives in Hertfordshire or near that way? 
    Yeah Hoddesdon I believe 
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Yeah Hoddesdon I believe 
    I often wonder about that element of the footballer’s profession.  At this stage in his life you would think he picks a place to live for a long time.  Would he fancy a coaching job or a manager’s role in Yorkshire for example?