Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackson: Where does he go from here? (P6. AFC Wimbledon)

Comments

• Options
    Might be tougher than people think for him there. They haven’t won a game since December 7th! Will be a good effort if he gets them up there, especially with Stockport and maybe Wrexham joining the league who will want to be up there straight away 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    CAFCsayer said:
    Hope they storm the league
    Strange one for me. 

I wish him well, want him to be a personal success at whatever he does and will always give him a great reception when he returns. 

But I don’t particularly like Wimbledon as a club that much 

Nor do I, infact I really don't like them... but I still love Jacko a lot more than I hate Wimbledon. I probably wouldve given him til October, but I'm still not 100% convinced... doesnt mean he isn't my favourite player in the last 10 years bar Yann
  • Options
    You will always be a legend here regardless of what happens in the future. You have great integrity and will continue to be a success as a person . I wish you well in this new challenge and your framed shirt will continue to hang in my downstairs loo!
  • Options
    Who identifies a manager they want, acts quickly and gets the deal done in May ? … 
  • Options
    As with all local clubs I want them to fail and struggle and us to be the supreme dominant being in London and the South of England , with everyone wanting to support us and laugh at all local teams as we become a behemoth of a club smashing all and sundry on our way to world dominance .
  • Options
    Jacko will do alright, he's no mug. 

Providing he gets the right sort of backing from the top. i.e someone to sign the cheques and leaves him to get on with it..

At a football club, there’s a holy trinity: the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.  Bill Shankly. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First interview, in article or video form: https://tinyurl.com/5ceyhny8 https://youtu.be/zGYDOhS2VaE
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Watched the first 15/30 seconds of that video and that was it for me, he has left, moved on, and is now managing another club, just looks very strange seeing Jacko and hearing him talk about football and it not involving us, anyway, we move on, and wish Jacko all the best in his chosen new role...
  • Options
    Could Jason Euell join him? 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

Unlikely, as Jason Euell would've wanted to be gaffer. Will Euelly lose his job when the new guy comes in at Cafc ? In football like most jobs it's all about options.
    As Skivo has joined JJ I'm not certain Jason will be offered a job ?
  • Options
    Very best wishes to Jacko, hope he is successful at a club royally shafted and rebuilt by fans.
    Even if some of their fans are pricks, most are not.
    Jacko might fish in the Valley pond for one or two, I wonder how stable their finances are.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    paulfox said:
    Missing you already, Jacko but 100% sure you will be appreciated at your new "home". 

I wish you everything you could possibly wish for yourself & know you will give it your all. 

Bless your cotton socks x 

Note to TS....Remember that Joni Mitchell song ? " You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone " ? .....
    I appreciate you are a big fan of JJ Fanny, however if, and at the moment it’s a big if, the next bloke is celebrating on the pitch at the end of next season, we will all be there with him and singing TS new promotion single. It really wasn’t working and I think the change was needed, it’s down to Jackson to prove Thomas made the wrong call.
    I guarantee you, that even if we win League 1 with a new record number of points, I will NOT be singing TS' new promotion single.
    Yeah, yeah get a few bevvies in you and we'll see AliRebel come out. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

Unlikely, as Jason Euell would've wanted to be gaffer. Will Euelly lose his job when the new guy comes in at Cafc ? In football like most jobs it's all about options.
    Euell has been very quiet, I wonder what his plans are? Did AFC ask him as well, did he turn them down?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

Euell has been very quiet, I wonder what his plans are? Did AFC ask him as well, did he turn them down?
    Dont usually hear much from Euell anyway do we... He tends to stay quiet about these sorts of matters
  • Options
    Don't like Wimbledon but delighted for Jacko, will follow with interest next season. Hopefully we can get them in the cup. 
  • Options
    Who identifies a manager they want, acts quickly and gets the deal done in May ? … 
    A competent owner
    This is my big problem. I do not know yet whether Sandgaard is competent. I don't mean generally but in terms of football. I have a suspicion that he isn't but thinks he is, which is the dangerous combination, and hope that it is an unfounded one.
  • Options
    Not a big fan at all of Wimbledon, but my love for JJ outweighs my dislike of the wombles. Good luck Jacko
  • Options
    A competent owner
    If we’re now measuring owner competency by the speed of their managerial appointments then Roland was a fantastic owner.

TS has a lot to prove but there could be various reasons that aren’t related to competence as to why he hasn’t made an appointment yet.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    A competent owner
    If we’re now measuring owner competency by the speed of their managerial appointments then Roland was a fantastic owner.

TS has a lot to prove but there could be various reasons that aren’t related to competence as to why he hasn’t made an appointment yet.
    I shall also judge competence by looking at our recruitment of players and also what league we are playing in.
    Plenty of ways to judge competence. 
    At the moment I think it's fair to say the jury's still out. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    A competent owner

I shall also judge competence by looking at our recruitment of players and also what league we are playing in.
    Plenty of ways to judge competence. 
    At the moment I think it's fair to say the jury's still out. 
    Agree on those points
  • Options
    Obviously I hope, but I also really think he’ll be a success there.
  • Options
    Couple of interesting bits in this interview.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/dons-boss-jackson-on-his-formation-plans-and-discusses-player-linked-with-fulham-and-brentford/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=dons-boss-jackson-on-his-formation-plans-and-discusses-player-linked-with-fulham-and-brentford

On formations:

Jackson played 5-3-2 while in charge of the Addicks. Asked if he intended to do the same at Wimbledon, Jackson told the South London Press: “I’ll probably mix it up.

“Once I get in and see everyone on the training pitch and really get to know the players properly then we’ll make more of a judgement call.

“I’ve got certain ideas and different things I want to try out but it is about getting the right people in the right position to be able to do that.

“That is probably something that evolves in the next few weeks.”

On his role:

The Dons are set to appoint a head of football operations who will work alongside Jackson and support him on recruitment, scouting, dealing with agents, contract negotiations and talent identification.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Couple of interesting bits in this interview.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/dons-boss-jackson-on-his-formation-plans-and-discusses-player-linked-with-fulham-and-brentford/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=dons-boss-jackson-on-his-formation-plans-and-discusses-player-linked-with-fulham-and-brentford

On formations:

Jackson played 5-3-2 while in charge of the Addicks. Asked if he intended to do the same at Wimbledon, Jackson told the South London Press: “I’ll probably mix it up.

“Once I get in and see everyone on the training pitch and really get to know the players properly then we’ll make more of a judgement call.

“I’ve got certain ideas and different things I want to try out but it is about getting the right people in the right position to be able to do that.

“That is probably something that evolves in the next few weeks.”

On his role:

The Dons are set to appoint a head of football operations who will work alongside Jackson and support him on recruitment, scouting, dealing with agents, contract negotiations and talent identification.

So basically the answer is 'yes i'm going to play 5-3-2 but I don't want to tell every opposition manager right now'.