Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Are We Getting Relegated?

Almost unthinkable, but entirely more probable, everything Nigel seems to be trying isn’t working.

Does have the feel of a relegation season, could be a tough week ahead with Accrington on Tuesday, and Sunderland away on Saturday.

Comments

• No,
    but a dull lower mid table season awaits
  • edited October 2021
    Nope. 4 reasons why I don’t think we will be relegated. 

1)Doncaster & Crewe will be relegated, don’t think they will do anything but just be in the relegation zone

2) New manager bounce, Adkins will be sacked at some point.

3) January window, definitely spend some cash on players, zero chance we won’t bring anyone in. JFC is a level of quality type of player which relegation clubs won’t be able to bring in. 

4) Currently, got like a 28 man squad. Must be another players to get a result or two out of them.
  • edited October 2021
    No...
    ..WHEN Nige has gone...maybe a Countdown to Promotion... B)
  • I said it after the Cheltenham game and got lol’d off the thread.  But seriously don’t be naive thinking it can’t happen.
  • let's hope not .. although hope will not be worth a single point over the rest of the season
  • Until yesterday I never even thought it a possibility. However after that performance then yes it is unless something gets sorted. I have been supportive of Adkins but even I'm getting pissed off with him attempting to find positives in his post match interviews. We were good for 20 minutes! We ended up on the wrong side of marginal decisions ! Lee going off sick threw our gameplan off !
    There are times when a manager just needs to apologise to the fans for a performance 
  • We are not in the position we are through bad luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes.
    Am already sourcing pubs for away games in league 2 next season.
  • We are in the box seat for a good crack at it. I seriously doubt most of the clubs above us worry themselves at the prospect of playing us. We have a coaching staff that cannot sort a team out. The players look unfit and clueless. I think most of us supporters can see we are not competing from one of the pitch to the other. 
    So if there isn’t a major shift in direction in the next week or two we look nailed on certainties to be playing the winner of the National league next season. 
  • edited October 2021
    We have more chance of being relegated than promoted.
    22nd after 12 games in the 3rd tier.

I said I wanted Nigel to work with the players, mornings on the pitch and afternoons with the analysis inside at Sparrows lane over the last two weeks. 

Omnishambles, and we are right in the thick of it !
  • The one good thing about being at the bottom of the table is that all the teams at that level are poor, so a few straight wins can elevate a team quite rapidly. Trouble is, there's nothing to suggest we can get a few straight wins. Relegation is certainly a possibility.
  • Too early to say but even after yesterday I don't think we will......although if we dont string a couple of wins together by the time we play Doncaster at the end of the month then we could find ourselves in serious danger......and a massive 6 pointer as they play their game in hand the previous mid week. 

We should have enough quality to get us out of this mess.....just need a good manager & team spirit to do so. 
  • Have a horrible feeling things will get worse, it the Charlton way. Might need to Win against Ipswich, last knockings to see which one goes down/stays up!
  • Totally unfit. 
    Manager won’t be sacked until December. 
    Getting worse every week. 

Not sure how people are so confident of a mid table finish. 
  • BAD VIBES ??

I know that one can make too much of observations, especially if there's a bee in the bonnet about a worrying situation ..
    watching the players get off the coach yesterday, Adkins was first down the steps followed by the players, many of whom looked tense, fraught and worried apart from some of the old stagers like Pearce, Stockley, Watson ..
    the point is that there seemed (at least to me) no rapport between Adkins and his team .. I know that managers must stay somewhat aloof from the 'workers', however, I just got the strong impression that the CAFC playing and managerial personnel are not in a very happy camp, there seems a lack of togetherness and communication .. anyway a few of the Upbeats and other youngsters got a selection of autographs so at least they went away happy, in fact the Upbeats are always jolly, win lose or draw
  • Almost unthinkable, but entirely more probable, everything Nigel seems to be trying isn’t working.

Does have the feel of a relegation season, could be a tough week ahead with Accrington on Tuesday, and Sunderland away on Saturday.
    No, teams are only officially relegated once the season is finished. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep , I think we're going down 👎 unless something drastic is done, time to chuck out all the crap, and bring in some people that know what they're doing......
  • Not a chance.

comfortable top half (still not good enough)
  • Based on current form, then yes, because we are in the relegation zone, and have played a quarter of the season (which is definitely not "too soon" to judge a team and the season it is destined to have) and we can't blame it on a team decimated by injuries or having to play a bunch of youngsters, like we did in previous seasons.

In fact, the situation we find ourselves in, IMO, is worse than under RD in some ways (hear me out) because we have a "decent" owner with money, a full pre season to prepare, a settled coaching and recruiting staff group, and an English manager with plenty of experience and success in his career. The fact that we find ourselves in this situation despite all the above, is absolutely unacceptable and something drastic needs to change
  • edited October 2021
    Think we’ll end up mid table but @Tutt-Tutt is right in as much as the whole football set up is massively flawed. Not just the sharp end with the manager but with what’s going on with the dynamics with Roddy and Gallen. Recruitment was frankly a disaster and I don’t think the quality of the cheque book was particularly the issue. Too many cooks and awful decisions. I don’t really blame Thomas in any of this because he’s come in and got in people based on best intentions but they’ve let him down massively. Now he’s got to be the solution. Something must change and I think like I said before he needs to get advice from both PV and AC. Both know what’s required  in running a football club, particularly our football club. The axe should fall sooner rather than later and not just on Nigel. 
  • edited October 2021
    Nope. 4 reasons why I don’t think we will be relegated. 

1)Doncaster & Crewe will be relegated, don’t think they will do anything but just be in the relegation zone

2) New manager bounce, Adkins will be sacked at some point.

3) January window, definitely spend some cash on players, zero chance we won’t bring anyone in. JFC is a level of quality type of player which relegation clubs won’t be able to bring in. 

4) Currently, got like a 28 man squad. Must be another players to get a result or two out of them.
    JFC become the new 'it'll be ok when we get .... back' 

He's a decent league one player definitely, but how do know what player will come back after this injury?
  • More chance of getting relegated than the promotion we were told we were getting