Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Are We Getting Relegated?

Comments

• When we play Rotherham let's not boo ex player Michael Smith as they usually score when we do.
  • iaitch said:
    When we play Rotherham let's not boo ex player Michael Smith as they usually score when we do.
    I agree, but try telling that to the North Stand!
  • You'd think they would have learnt by now. How many times did we boo Defoe and every time he scored.

• iaitch said:
    When we play Rotherham let's not boo ex player Michael Smith as they usually score when we do.
    Better add Joe Dodoo to that before Saturday 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    top half at 9/4 I have lumped on ... looks a big price to me
    I took that after the Fleetwood win, then after the Accies defeat I thought whoops.  However the win at Sunderland showed more of a team set to lift off so I'm surprised 9/4 is still up for grabs.
  • How often do we win the kids for a quid games?
  • iaitch said:
    I agree, but try telling that to the North Stand!
    North Stand, where's that?    :wink:

• Michael Smith was never given a chance at Cafc. I said he would have a successful career in League 1 or 2 and he has, plus playing in the Championship for Rotherham when they yo-yo between the two divisions.

Smith is very similar to Jaden Stockley in height, build and being a number 9 who is in a rich vein of form with 9 goals in 13 matches. The Wallsend boy was 30 last week and hard to believe how long ago it was when Cafc beat Tonbridge Angels in the Kent cup and Michael scored 4 goals. Pigott, Fox, Cook etc were in that team with Bradley Jordan the Captain.
  • edited October 2021
    Michael Smith was never given a chance at Cafc. I said he would have a successful career in League 1 or 2 and he has, plus playing in the Championship for Rotherham when they yo-yo between the two divisions.

Smith is very similar to Jaden Stockley in height, build and being a number 9 who is in a rich vein of form with 9 goals in 13 matches. The Wallsend boy was 30 last week and hard to believe how long ago it was when Cafc beat Tonbridge Angels in the Kent cup and Michael scored 4 goals. Pigott, Fox, Cook etc were in that team with Bradley Jordan the Captain.
    I always felt that Michael was with us at the wrong time.

Joined in the summer of Powell's promotion season when we were at a bit of an upward curve.

The only time I think we were silly not to give him another try was when we were struggling in the Championship in 2013/14 - He scored nine goals in the first half of the year for Wimbledon (albeit in League Two) yet we still sold him to Swindon that January.

At the time he probably didnt look the long term answer, even with Roland coming in, but still think we were hasty in getting rid.
  • Sponsored links:

• How often do we win the kids for a quid games?
    If they called it Operation Kid then I think I wouldn't bother going. 
  • Michael Smith was never given a chance at Cafc. I said he would have a successful career in League 1 or 2 and he has, plus playing in the Championship for Rotherham when they yo-yo between the two divisions.

A better record in the Championship than Stockley too, and in a team that got relegated (twice)

Indeed I'm slightly surprised that he's still at Rotherham
  • MattF said:
    iaitch said:
    Maybe we should cheer
  • MattF said:
    iaitch said:
    Maybe we should cheer
    And become one of those progressive, family clubs? No thanks. 

BOOOOOO!!! 

:wink:
  • Im going to confidently say no now , 1% Auto , 9 % Play offs , 40% 7 - 12 , 45% 13 - 20, 5 % Relagated
  • It would be really interesting to see the team Jackson would select if Adkins gets the push. I reckon he would straight away pick Purrington,  Dobson, Pearce and Washington. Possibly Henderson too.

With the exception of Pearce,  why aren't the other 3 starting atm? I'm totally baffled about it all. I suspect like most of us, very very angry about it. 
    Nice work
  • Off_it said:
    No
    Correct
  • Admin, please change the header of this thread!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2021
    Admin, please change the header of this thread!!!
    Agreed, amend to ‘Are we staying in league one?’ which covers all bases 😉
  • In big trouble
  • Mike said:
    In big trouble
    No we're not
  • Oh gosh, why did I start this!!
  • edited January 2022
    No we’ll be fine. A season of 10th to 16th beckons.
  • No we’ll be fine. A season of 10th to 16th beckons.
    Still pretty shit though innit ? 
  • Barely clear of relegation zone in terms of points - dreadful.
  • I hate watching this team. Absolutely shit. 

Agreed. It's not because we're better than the teams down the bottom, it's because those teams are worse. If you catch what I'm saying.

Airman summed it up well in another post in another thread. Half this league isn't 'competitive' and barring an absolute calamity we will finish clear of at least five or six teams almost by default.

Agreed. It's not because we're better than the teams down the bottom, it's because those teams are worse. If you catch what I'm saying.

Airman summed it up well in another post in another thread. Half this league isn't 'competitive' and barring an absolute calamity we will finish clear of at least five or six teams almost by default.
    Can't see there are 5 worse teams than us at present. We're getting stuffed by Crewe...