Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are We Getting Relegated?

Comments

• Options
    It would be really interesting to see the team Jackson would select if Adkins gets the push. I reckon he would straight away pick Purrington,  Dobson, Pearce and Washington. Possibly Henderson too.

With the exception of Pearce,  why aren't the other 3 starting atm? I'm totally baffled about it all. I suspect like most of us, very very angry about it. 
  • Options
    Roland's wealth is estimated to be around €500m or £420m 
    Sandgaard's is estimated to be around $450m or £325m at today's exchange rates

@Rob7Lee I kind of agree with you, but who is enforcing the changes on Adkins is it Roddy or is it Sandgaard. Was the private chat by the pitch Adkins putting his arguments and accusations across?

If Roddy went and a CEO came in I think it would say a lot, if Adkins were to stay that is. 

If Roddy stays, Adkins goes and Jackson/Euell take over temporarily and keep making regular changes, that would also say a lot for me. 

I think more important than anything we need a good CEO in place, someone Sandgaard either knows well or is recommended by someone he trusts to ensure that he is getting the full picture. I get the feeling he isn't getting all the detail between Roddy and the coaching staff. 

• Options
    It would be really interesting to see the team Jackson would select if Adkins gets the push. I reckon he would straight away pick Purrington,  Dobson, Pearce and Washington. Possibly Henderson too.

With the exception of Pearce,  why aren't the other 3 starting atm? I'm totally baffled about it all. I suspect like most of us, very very angry about it. 
    Based on how Famewo is playing I certainly think it might be time to put Pearce back there again.

He's the biggest leader we've got in the squad at the moment, and have a defence that is leaky as shit so its not like Pearce making mistakes is going to make that big a difference to what we're seeing at the moment at the back.
  • Options

Based on how Famewo is playing I certainly think it might be time to put Pearce back there again.

He's the biggest leader we've got in the squad at the moment, and have a defence that is leaky as shit so its not like Pearce making mistakes is going to make that big a difference to what we're seeing at the moment at the back.
    We did this and Pearce was just as bad if not worse.

This is where people need to realise it’s not the players, we could have Van Dijk in there and we’d still be all over the place.  
  • Options
    If things don't get better, of course we'll go down.  We just have to hope things get better.
  • Options
    Sandgaard is a successful businessman. I can't believe if one of his manufacturing subsidiaries was operating half as badly as Charlton is that he would not be in there making sweeping changes. And yet football seems to scramble the brains of even the most ruthless millionaires and cause them to throw logic out the window.

Something is clearly very very wrong inside the club. Not just the manager, not just the players. And yet on we go ...  
  • Options

I’d have played Pearce yesterday in a back 3/5 as I said in the preview thread and I know one thing apart from his customary booking he’d have left his calling card with Mr Pell 😈.
  • Options
    If Thomas doesn’t act soon, we are going to get cut adrift at the bottom.

I see no signs of improvement, we’re not even in games, other teams pass the ball around us and through us, why is this problem not being addressed, we’re making  it far too easy for the opposition.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I’d have played Pearce yesterday in a back 3/5 as I said in the preview thread and I know one thing apart from his customary booking he’d have left his calling card with Mr Pell 😈.
    Adkins has tried a back 3/5, it didn’t work, one big reason being we don’t have the wing backs for it.
  • Options
    mogodon said:
    Sandgaard is a successful businessman. I can't believe if one of his manufacturing subsidiaries was operating half as badly as Charlton is that he would not be in there making sweeping changes. And yet football seems to scramble the brains of even the most ruthless millionaires and cause them to throw logic out the window.

Something is clearly very very wrong inside the club. Not just the manager, not just the players. And yet on we go ...  
    Quite, and who in their right mind would pour £10+m down the drain per annum in L1 let alone L2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are no positives to take from our two most recent performances. I thought the Fleetwood game was a turning point, but the past two games show there are no structural signs of improvement.
    We have some spells in games that you could call encouraging, but they never last more than 15 minutes. Also, our fitness levels drop dramatically each game after 30 and again after 65 minutes. Yesterday was a typical performance for us.
    Of course, we have some individual players who have the occasional good game, but they never seem able to put together a good run of games. We still have no 'best eleven' of which 9 or 10 are able to play 3 games in 8 days. Four changes again yesterday.

All this shows me that something is very, very wrong structurally. I actually believe there is no quick fix other than getting rid of the manager since he definitely is a big part of the problem and offers no solutions. But I believe TS won't do it for whatever reason.

Someone on this thread said we are sleepwalking into relegation and I 100% agree with that. Looking at the three fixtures we have coming up I dread to imagine where we are after the Rotherham game with Doncaster having a game in hand against Cambridge at home.
  • Options
    Yes, this team lost a good deal of confidence in the first five games, in fairness to Adkins, he was short of players. The players who were brought in such as Arter, Leko and CBT were good way short of match fitness. Those issues are now history but the lack of confidence is still there but, in my opinion, it manifests itself from the selection of a three man midfield that gets over run nearly every game. Adkins is a nice guy but tactically inept and not one to lay the law down to certain individuals, there is no doubt he is TS's man and it would take a serious change of heart for TS to sack Adkins. The longer that remains the case the deeper we will dive.
  • Options
    Honestly don't think so - there are simply too many teams in this league who have considerably worse squads than us, and this will tell over time. Still, we certainly should be doing far, far better with what we have.
  • Options
    Thinking that all we need is a couple of back to back wins to get out of trouble is a positive way of looking at things. However, the later that gets in the season, the less reassuring it is as other lower sides often start to pick up points. There's a real danger that the gap to safety gets beyond 6 points at the rate we are going, which, in my opinion, is very dangerous. 

4 of our next 5 games are Sunderland (a), Rotherham (h), Burton (a) and Plymouth (h), which could, on current form, produce zilch. Even if we beat Doncaster and get a draw from one of those four, we are likely to be slipping further behind. I think the crisis has started. There is still time for recovery but something needs to be repaired well before Christmas.
  • Options
    Highly doubt any of the players have relegation clauses in their contract. Do not think anyone concerned about relegation at the start of the season, and doubt anyone have them in their contract if we fall into league two.
  • Options
    We are going down. 

Club is rotten with a delusional owner at the head. We will get hammered by Sunderland this weekend.

• Options
    4/1 to get relegated.
    If he isn't gone this week, hurry to invest in your emotional insurance before Saturday's thrashing.

• Options
    which firm are 4-1?
  • Options
    The longer Adkins stays the more likely it becomes, and he's been here too long as it is.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    mogodon said:

Quite, and who in their right mind would pour £10+m down the drain per annum in L1 let alone L2.
    Only an idiot. 
    Especially if they didn't even own the ground. 
    Which is why when Sandgaard decides he's had enough we will be properly in the shit.
    No one will want to buy the football club while it's losing this type of money. 
    Madness. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wouldn't trust that site. Says that 3 teams get relegated.  Hope thats true as we might have a slight chance of staying up...
  • Options
    I can't believe we have this thread, but after last night I genuinely questioned if we were going to stay in this pub league
  • Options
    Be interesting to see people’s thoughts on where will finish now. I don’t think even the most optimistic amongst us would dare say we can still make the play offs and I know one swallow dosent make a summer and all that, but I do feel with Jacko in charge and a settled starting line up we should be capable of having top 6 form from now till the end of the season , which would probably see u finish mid table 
  • Options
    Top half would be a very good effort from where we sit now, anything else is a bonus, could we scare the top six, why not, but it would take a long unbeaten run.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I think most Charlton fans would except writing this season off as a learning curve as long as we do learn from it. TS seems like the kind of guy who will learn from his lesson and next season I’m sure we will have 80% of our squad there for pre season and be a lot wiser for this experience. Maybe the best we can hope for now is a mid table finish and a day out at Wembley in the Papa Johns 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Well top half would see a nice return on a pre season bet I made.  Sadly I am on my personally set betting limit or I would be tempted to double down at longer odds currently available as I would hope our form improves enough to get us there.  Ultimately half this league are reasonable sized.clubs with decent teams and the other half are tiny clubs so top half should be very doable even now.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Yeah, lets write this season off like we did the last one after we didnt get rid of Bowyer quick enough.

As things stand we are still in the bottom 4 & have won 3 games out of 13. We have a big 6 pointer coming up followed by a team in the top 6. Then tough games against another bottom 6 side (Shrews) and then the league leaders.

Come the start of Dec we could still be in the bottom 4. 

I'll not be making any predictions on where we'll finish this season until I see a consistent side & consistent good performances......which might not be until the New Year.

• Options
    Yeah, lets write this season off like we did the last one after we didnt get rid of Bowyer quick enough.

As things stand we are still in the bottom 4 & have won 3 games out of 13. We have a big 6 pointer coming up followed by a team in the top 6. Then tough games against another bottom 6 side (Shrews) and then the league leaders.

Come the start of Dec we could still be in the bottom 4. 

I'll not be making any predictions on where we'll finish this season until I see a consistent side & consistent good performances......which might not be until the New Year.

I'm certainly not writing this season off ! 96 points still to play for and nothing is decided yet. I wouldnt be surprised if we picked up 73 points from that 96
  • Options
    Mid table 
    Guitar boy learn from this 
    Next season don't leave it until the last minute to get things done