Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sam Lavelle - gone to Carlisle on a 2year deal (p22)

Comments

• Excellent news, how tall is he?
  • Welcome Sam!
  • Excellent news, how tall is he?
    bloody huge 
  • Seems a decent signing. Good back up for Innis and very much a ‘grow with the club/best of the league’ type player. Three year deal too. Wonder if he was the plan B to Kerr? 
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't profess to know much about him but comments from Morecambe fans seem positive, he's a big unit too and presumably won't break down on the regular like Inniss. 

3 year deal doesn't suggest he's just in as cover either, looks like he's intended to play a part to me.
  • Don't know anything about him but for some reason I think he's going to be as good as Morrison was for us 
  • Valley11 said:
    Seems a decent signing. Good back up for Innis and very much a ‘grow with the club/best of the league’ type player. Three year deal too. Wonder if he was the plan B to Kerr? 
    Funny looking at how similar Kerr and Lavelle appear.. Both Scottish, 24 y/o club captains who've represented their clubs over 100 times. Football manager search from SG? 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
  • Scoham said:
    Really like the look of this, young but experienced and on a long term contract. Captained a promotion winning team.

6 ft 3 so we don’t lose that height when he plays instead of Inniss and takes the pressure off Elewere.

Great to have 5 first team CBs after what happened last season. So important we have a strong spine and this should really help that.

It also means Pearce shouldn’t play too often - looks like that random Facebook rumour that he’d be 5th choice was right.

My guess has been for a while that we went for some ambitious targets early on and missed out. He probably wasn’t one of our top targets but doesn’t mean he can’t be a big success.
    CB is so so important, so pleased we have decent options there. 
  • Not heard of him but he started 44 out of 46 league games last year for them and he's tallish so I'll take it. Hope he does well.
  • Seems like a good honest player. Hope he does well for us, but might have to wait for his opportunity.