Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam Lavelle - gone to Carlisle on a 2year deal (p22)

Comments

• Options
    Thought he was our best defender yesterday. Not saying much but it’s something.
    All four looked poor to be fair 
  • Options
    I thought he looked a lower league dud. Along with Dobson, Kirk and Clair I’ve seen nothing to suggest that they can be developed to be top EFL players. Time will tell. Elerewe on the other hand; mustard. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    You could tell he was nervous, give him time.
    Being nervous doesn't make one lose the ability to run quickly. 
    Centre backs don't need pace to be successful at this level, or even to do well in the Championship.
  • Options
    Looked small and slow and out of his depth. Welcome to Charlton 
  • Options
    Looked small and slow and out of his depth. Welcome to Charlton 
    What do you mean he looked small? He’s only an inch or 2 smaller than Inniss. 

Can’t deny he looked out of his depth, but it was his first game and the whole team looked shite.
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    First impressions - he is a right footed Jason Pearce but not so physical
    I said the exact same thing at the game yesterday.

Another thing that’s annoyed me (not Sam’s fault), from each kick off, ball played back to Sam and he hoofed it up to Stockley, that set the bar from the off.
  • Options
    An average sort of debut. I was a bit concerned why he seemed to be suffering cramp though, seeing that we're near the start of the season, he's completely match fit, and it was hardly arduous weather yesterday. Maybe it was related to nerves, as we are a big step up for him, in terms of pressure and expectation. Morecambe would celebrate all summer a 5th bottom finish this season, whereas it would be a disaster for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought he did OK but he has a very heavy touch and looks awkward on the ball. 
  • Options
    Cramp or injured seems strange to cramp up having been involved in pre season and played
  • Options
    I thought he was alright on Saturday, not helped by the two shielding midfielders shitting the bed performance-wise. 

It seemed quite hot on Saturday (or it did in the family stand) so maybe he didn't drink enough pre game/half time and suffered for that. 
  • Options
    It wasn’t the worst debut I’ve seen and I thought he did ok seeing as he didn't have a midfield in front of him. I’d be more concerned with Famewo who seems to be going backwards.
  • Options
    Slower than ideal. Awkward looking also. 
  • Options
    It wasn’t the worst debut I’ve seen and I thought he did ok seeing as he didn't have a midfield in front of him. I’d be more concerned with Famewo who seems to be going backwards.
    Famewo has the same issue - the midfield in front of him; and Gunter. The sooner Gunter moves to the right back slot the better.
  • Options
    There's definitely a player in there, he looked off the pace saturday though. Saturday made me appreciate Innis' influence on the team.
  • Options
    Lavelle looked keen so give him time.

I was worried with his posture, he has the working-from-home forward neck thing going on!
  • Options
    Wasnt surprised that he and the Cheltenham players were the ones struggling with cramp.

Not quite at the fitness levels of regular League One Football yet?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    It was only his first game, but I too thought he "looked like Jason Pearce".
    A bit lanky, a bit all arms and legs.
    I was expecting a more sturdy imposing figure.
    I don't know why, probably because he was Morecambe's captain and centre back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    agreed he did look like a taller version of jason pierce - i thought exactly that
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    If turns out to be Jason Pearce in his mid 20s I’d take that all day long tbh. 
    He might be in his 20's but he looked like a lightweight, less fit version of JP today, but right footed.
    slow, indecisive, not fit and his distribution was almost as bad as Famewo's
    not encouraging is it?
  • Options
    I really don't care who he looks like it is how he plays that counts and I am not going to judge him on less than one game. His pace and the fact he got cramp ( or could it have been a slight niggle?) maybe related but like others I probably expected better. However, did he really do any worse than anyone else out there? A lot is resting on a proper LB playing, and when that happens I can only hope it settles the defence. In addition I am really hoping Arter works out as we desperately need a midfielder who is going to get stuck in and hold the ball up. If that happens we may get more movement elsewhere  and  the likes of Lavelle may not be so inclined to lump the ball forward.
  • Options

I nearly became a carpet-fitter’ – Charlton new boy Sam Lavelle

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1096145447?-11197:833
  • Options
    ross1 said:

*insert ‘deep shag’ joke*
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    ross1 said:

Did he go off last Saturday with deep piles?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Rugged defender, obviously.

• Options
    With him going off early,

he's obviously got under laying health problems.  ;)
  • Options
    Needs a better game today with the new tack-tics