Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam Lavelle - gone to Carlisle on a 2year deal (p22)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Been trying to find out is he a right sided or left sided centre back
    Right footed: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sam-lavelle/profil/spieler/285846
    And right footed on FM too

Didn't realise he was Scottish listening to the videos.

• Options
    Scoham said:

Must be through a parent or grandparent, if Wiki is accurate he was born in Blackpool.
  • Options
    Morecambe manager discusses Lavelle, starting at 17:55
  • Options
    With Inniss, Famewo and Lavelle, I wonder if we will play three at the back, we still have Pearce and Deji as backup
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    With Inniss, Famewo and Lavelle, I wonder if we will play three at the back, we still have Pearce and Deji as backup
    It's an option. But I don't believe it's one of Adkins' fall back choices.

Especially without attacking fullback/wingbacks.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    ross1 said:

He did play it last season but then he had Maatsen. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Oggy Red said:
    ross1 said:

Adkins played 3 at the back? I remember Bowyer doing so but not Adkins?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Oggy Red said:
    ross1 said:

Adkins played 3 at the back? I remember Bowyer doing so but not Adkins?
    Accrington game by the looks of things

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nigel-adkins/leistungsdatenDetail/trainer/4152
  • Options
    See in the paper he was put on hold all day as we were trying to get another target in but it didn’t work out so we went back to him. 
    Ps sorry if already mentioned ! 
  • Options
    See in the paper he was put on hold all day as we were trying to get another target in but it didn’t work out so we went back to him. 
    Ps sorry if already mentioned ! 
    Yeah, appears to be Jason Kerr who signed for Wigan.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Must be through a parent or grandparent, if Wiki is accurate he was born in Blackpool.
    considered himself English when he left Bolton

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15387062.ex-blackburn-rovers-defender-sam-lavelle-left-hung-out-to-dry-by-transfer-embargo-at-bolton-wanderers/ 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    LenGlover said:
    Sam Lavelle is the brother of a friend of @Len\'s_little_girl. She told me in advance this transfer might happen but I had strict instructions to post nothing on Charlton Life.

Decent signing I think who could get better.
    How could anyone have advance notice we left everything to the last minute..........:smile:
    According to the BBC website he signed at 11:30 pm. Earlier in the day or  a day or two earlier is technically 'in advance'  ;)

She told me at 10:51am yesterday that it had fallen through but texted me at 6:12pm to say it was happening.
    Just to say that the transfer was resurrected by Thomas Sandgaard himself telephoning Sam Lavelle and speaking to him from what @Len\'s_little_girl has been told.

Furthermore, Sam and Kirk are in apartments near the O2 and apparently get on well together. Pearce and Stockley have been the most welcoming of the existing playing staff apparently.
    As club captain and first team captain respectively, you'd expect Pearce and Stockley to be at the forefront of his welcome and integration. I'd expect the rest of the squad to be welcoming too. They should be happy with the arrival of new players. Added competition for places of course but also greater chance of success and the rewards that come with that.
  • Options
    I suspect we could make a back 3 work. Soare perhaps can play LWB and maybe Clare on the right - not a natural position for him but we know he has played full back. 

I’d be surprised if it’s a formation we play by default at any time during the season, bu we might see it t as an option to change it during a game or to counteract a specific opponent. 
  • Options
    Somewhere between Phil Chapple and Matt Taylor ; not as good as the latter 
  • Options
    First impressions - he is a right footed Jason Pearce but not so physical
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought he looked slow yesterday but that may be down to the cramp he was suffering . I think he’ll turn out to be a really good signing.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Amazing to see you have such a knowledgeable opinion after just one game……not saying you aren’t entitled to but let’s see where things go with him.
    I’d be thrilled to be wrong- hopefully he will develop culture and mobility as he plays more games 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Amazing to see you have such a knowledgeable opinion after just one game……not saying you aren’t entitled to but let’s see where things go with him.
    I’d be thrilled to be wrong- hopefully he will develop culture and mobility as he plays more games 
    No reason to think he can’t improve. He’s a 24 year old CB who’s spent most of his career in the division below.
  • Options
    I thought he looked slow yesterday but that may be down to the cramp he was suffering . I think he’ll turn out to be a really good signing.
    Agree. He looked a bit awkward yesterday, but let hope he turns out to be a good ‘un.
  • Options
    He looked a bit off the pace yesterday although I'm hopeful he will turn out to be a decent player. Out of interest does anyone know if he has been playing regularly for Morecombe so far this season? 
  • Options
    redman said:
    He looked a bit off the pace yesterday although I'm hopeful he will turn out to be a decent player. Out of interest does anyone know if he has been playing regularly for Morecombe so far this season? 
    Played 5 games for them this season 
  • Options
    A bit awkward ? If he improves and gets pace it will be a miracle. He has played 139 games plus 1 for us. He is in his prime. He has only ever played L2. 

If cramp caused this Immobility and lack of pace then he had it from the start.

I can think of a few CB who within 2 games or so looked superb and were still teenagers.

Richard Rufus, Deji Eliwere,  Jonathon Fortune, Paul Went, Paul Elliot, Marvin Hinton, Eric Konsa, Joe Gomez.

All at the age of 22-23 were far better. They were better when they were 18-20.
    Eric Konsa?

I don’t remember him, was that his brother?
  • Options
    Thought he was our best defender yesterday. Not saying much but it’s something.