Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gillingham v Charlton | Saturday 21st November 2020 | Post-match thread

A hard battling point on a windy day after the international break is nothing to sniff at. We looked the better side all round, but when you have a penalty saved and give away a soft one of your own, it’s always going to be an up-hill battle. Happy to have salvaged the point. On another day, this would have been a win at a canter.

Over to you.

Comments

• Gillingham 1 (Graham 73’P) Charlton 1 (Aneke 82’)
  • edited November 2020
    Picked up a point after going behind late. Weren’t at our best, think we got a bit complacent. Smyth changed the game when he came on.

Also credit to Gillingham, especially Dempsey in the middle. Not the type of football I’d want to watch our team play but it made us look like we ran out of attacking ideas very quickly. 70% possession and we rarely got behind their back line.
  • Sponsored links:

• A point .
    Thank's for that
  • I’ll take it
  • a disappointing result given the recent run but we got an away point without a centre back on the pitch so not all bad
  • Could have been a lot better had the pen gone in
    but a point away has a certain positivity.
    So on we go to Burton Tuesday, should be a good game
    and a good 3 points to boot :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:
    Watsons distribution is poor. 

As a result Shinnie and Maddison come too deep.

Maatsen and Matthews then have limited options going forward.

I think our problems are stemming from that CDM role.
    Perhaps you should let Bowyer know?  :smile:

• Point ok as didn’t play well. Because of the long gap due to the fa cup resting and international break? Will be more full on on Tuesday I expect. 
  • Did I count 87000 passes for us to kick the ball out for a throw in.

• Fair result. Horrible game.