Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Getting Messi

Yeah yeah yeah, comes up every summer, Messi says he wants to leave .... again, normally means he wants a new contract, but is this the summer he finally says enough is enough?

Comments

• Yeah yeah yeah, comes up every summer, Messi says he wants to leave .... again, normally means he wants a new contract, but is this the summer he finally says enough is enough?
    I reckon it's a play to get their President to resign.
  • I heard he wanted to follow same route as his idol Alan Simonsen and join Charlton and his willing to pay his £1.300’a week wages. 
  • This time I think he is going 

Puyol even saying goodbye maybe

Luis Suarez also responded to this tweet

So seems he has the Barcelona players and ex players support
  • edited August 2020
    If he does leave it gives them the chance to do a proper rebuild. Barcelona are crippled because of an ageing squad on high salaries. Messi is 33 and earns about 750k a week.

I'd still be surprised if he does actually leave though, but he is supposedly extremely pissed off with the way the club is being run, Neymar leaving, poor signings etc, and now his best mate Suarez has been told he can leave, that won't have helped his mood either.
  • I think he’ll go to City
  • So do i. Play under Pep and Aguero is his best mate.
  • Do we know what his buy out clause is?
  • Sponsored links:

• Could history repeat itself? Player asking to leave Barcelona, ends up at Charlton... Surely not... :-)
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53911105

The Argentina international, 33, sent a fax to the club on Tuesday saying he wishes to exercise a clause in his contract, allowing him to leave for free with immediate effect.

Seriously?
  • This is gonna be a serious legal battle 

Messi has a clause that allows him to leave for free.

That clause is between May-June

Messi wqnts to activate that cause as June to Covid the season has just finished so we are technically in what would be the May-June period.

Barcelona are saying we are in August and past the May-June period so that clause has gone.

Could be very interesting 
  • Image rights may enter the equation possibly... 
  • The Barca president has apparently resigned.. i'd put money on Messi staying at Barca now
  • ^^ Apparently that's not true, sorry for spreading the fake news
  • I think Messi will definitely leave Barca but I don’t think he’ll come Prem. My bet would either be somewhere like China or Inter. 
  • I dont think he'll leave Barcelona at all

I reckon they'll sort something out at the top to ensure he stays
  • Sponsored links:

• Man City weasel their way out of a Champions League Ban for violating FFP, then will probably sign Messi. UEFA can fuck right off
  • Rossman92 said:

Man City weasel their way out of a Champions League Ban for violating FFP, then will probably sign Messi. UEFA can fuck right off
    As a football fan i'd be pleased to see him come and play in England though.

UEFA/FFP/Champions league is another world away from Charlton, so i'm not too fussed about that. 
  • Rossman92 said:

Man City weasel their way out of a Champions League Ban for violating FFP, then will probably sign Messi. UEFA can fuck right off
    As a football fan i'd be pleased to see him come and play in England though.

UEFA/FFP/Champions league is another world away from Charlton, so i'm not too fussed about that. 
    100 percent. 
    Even a 33 year old Messi will be a joy to watch.
  • Only the petro-state clubs would be able to afford him, and Dubai v Qatar in a bidding war would be great for Messi already massive bank balance 
  • Rothko said:
    Only the petro-state clubs would be able to afford him, and Dubai v Qatar in a bidding war would be great for Messi already massive bank balance 
    Be surprised if Messis move will be money driven.
  • Rothko said:
    Only the petro-state clubs would be able to afford him, and Dubai v Qatar in a bidding war would be great for Messi already massive bank balance 
    It’ll help, he’s not going to take a pay cut 
  • Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    It’ll help, he’s not going to take a pay cut 
    If he wants out of Barcelona like he says he does, then he might have to? Especially if they can't get over the release clause.