Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Getting Messi

Comments

• Options
    If anyone were to sign him... Now is the opportunity. 
  • Options
    Is it worth £2m a week or whatever he's after?  Even it is is Messi, he's 34, that's £200m over 2 years, wouldn't be surprised if City, PSG or whoever would rather spend similar on Haaland, Mbappe (making sure he stays if PSG!) etc 
  • Options
    Is it worth £2m a week or whatever he's after?  Even it is is Messi, he's 34, that's £200m over 2 years, wouldn't be surprised if City, PSG or whoever would rather spend similar on Haaland, Mbappe (making sure he stays if PSG!) etc 
    It's a very fair point. I suppose he needs all the extra as he's now actually paying his taxes now too. 
  • Options
    Only one i can see doing that is PSG, as mbappe might be on his way. Possibly the only mega rich team that can basically guarantee champions league football every season. 
  • Options
    Anyone but Chelsea pls
  • Options
    Someone tell Albie that he'll have to swap his shirt number from 10...
  • Options
    Might be bad news for Harry Kane

If you're Man City would you bother going for both him and Messi?
  • Options
    Political posturing by Barca. Bet he's still there next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wanted to keep him, he wanted to stay but seems like they can't afford him because of their ridiculous debt levels.

• Options
    Can see PSG piling in and getting him. Blow to Barca and massive boost to one of their main Champs League rivals. PSG should be off the scale this season, but we all know names on the page alone aren’t everything.
  • Options
    Messi could always take a bigger pay cut if he really doesn't want to leave Barca
    Be surprised if that doesnt yet happen

Shame as well for Sergio Aguero, as they're very good friends and would have played together this coming season
  • Options
    Barca basically blaming La Liga even though they're about a billion in debt. Realistically there's only 2 clubs who can afford him. PSG or City. Imagine Neymar, Mbappe and Messi up front together!
  • Options
    Messi could always take a bigger pay cut if he really doesn't want to leave Barca

Shame as well for Sergio Aguero, as they're very good friends and would have played together this coming season
    They can't sign Aguero either at the moment. 
  • Options
    Barca basically blaming La Liga even though they're about a billion in debt. Realistically there's only 2 clubs who can afford him. PSG or City. Imagine Neymar, Mbappe and Messi up front together!
    Imagine Sterling, Kane, Foden with Messi and Grealish behind them......  
  • Options
    He could play for free and they'd still be over the wage limit La Liga have set
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

They can't sign Aguero either at the moment. 
    Wow... they're a mess arent they - I thought that one was long sorted
  • Options

Kane and Grealish for £200m or Kane, Grealish and Messi for £200m?  Tough choice. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Messi is 34 now. There is a chance that he could sign for a Premier League club and not set the world alight.
  • Options
    Bet Aston Villa and Grealish's agent are shitting bricks right now if Man City pull out, given Villa look like they've already spent the money...

Kane and his brothers face must be a picture right now too.

Have to be honest, can only see him going to PSG now.  To play for Poch.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Kane and Grealish for £200m or Kane, Grealish and Messi for £200m?  Tough choice. 
    Oh you sweet innocent human if you think Messi wont command a huge signing on fee

That fee clubs dont have to pay Barcelona - Bet they'll still have to pay a good chuck of it to him now
  • Options
    Oooohhhhh. Which Emirate State front will he go to?
  • Options
    Wonder if Messi fancys the Europa Conference League for a season?! hahahahaha
  • Options
    I could see him doing a job at Plymouth with Randall. 
  • Options
    I assume he wants another Champions League title. To me, PSG would be his best choice there. But if it’s money then MLS. Betting odds have “any MLS club” as the third best bet right now.
  • Options
    I assume he wants another Champions League title. To me, PSG would be his best choice there. But if it’s money then MLS. Betting odds have “any MLS club” as the third best bet right now.
    Tbf he'd match up well with Jonny Russell at Sporting Kansas
  • Options
    No way he goes to the MLS yet. I could see the City group offering him some kind of long term 5 year contract though, he does 2-3 years at Man City, then moves to New York City for the remainder.
  • Options
    I actually reckon Barca's best bet would have been to sell him now, get £100m say, and the £60m odd saving in wages, and spend it on rebuilding the squad.
    Apart from paying the debt over rebuilding the squad, still think I was right.