Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Europa League 2018/2019

Comments

• SE7toSG3 said:
    I know they all think they are above Thursday night football but the Arsenal & Chelsea support has been an embarrassment so far tonight. 
    But a 5.55pm kick off? In London?!

I've got no love for Arsenal as you all know but think they can be excused after being stitched up by UEFA tbh.
  • thats a fair point but not a single song, Stamford Bridge would be like a morgue if it wasnt for the Malmo supporters. I can understand their frustration, after all they are a whole point off the top4, in a cup final Sunday and winning in Europe ffs.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    SE7toSG3 said:
    I know they all think they are above Thursday night football but the Arsenal & Chelsea support has been an embarrassment so far tonight. 

I've got no love for Arsenal as you all know but think they can be excused after being stitched up by UEFA tbh.
    Werent Spurs forced into that KO in the Champions League twice this season though?
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    SE7toSG3 said:

Werent Spurs forced into that KO in the Champions League twice this season though?
    Away from home, yes. Inter away was defo early, think PSV away was as well.  Not in London though.
  • Nice early away goal Arsenal in France
  • English team scoring in France in the opening 5 minutes where have I heard that recently
  • Arsenal down to 10 men
  • And now its 1-1

Arsenal could be in trouble here if Rennes attack the 10 men in the 2nd half
  • 2-1 Rennes

That red could cost Arsenal here 
  • The French FA gave Rennes the weekend off to prepare for the game.

Lots of FAs do it to some extent. Basically just not England.
    In Italy and Spain it’s not uncommon for a game to be played early the week before, say on a Friday night if the team have a big European game coming up the following week.

Ajax also had the weekend off before playing Real Madrid this week.

Cant believe Rennes were as big as 7/2 to win tonight. Hopefully they hold on.
  • Sponsored links:

• 3-1 Rennes

Big ask for Arsenal now
  • If people moan at our comms team(which I have seen before) looks at Arsenal, big game in the Europa League and this is there twitter updates

• If people moan at our comms team(which I have seen before) looks at Arsenal, big game in the Europa League and this is there twitter updates

Did our comms team mention Naby leaving for Rennes?
  • G'wan the indigestion tablets!!!
  • Chelsea beating Kiev
  • Blimey, Slavia, eh? Thought Seville would school them.
    Just 1 point from their last 5 league games.
    they just look exhausted every time they play lately.

They seem to look at the Europa league similar to how our fans regard the Checkatrade.
  • alicwkd said:
    If people moan at our comms team(which I have seen before) looks at Arsenal, big game in the Europa League and this is there twitter updates

They seem to look at the Europa league similar to how our fans regard the Checkatrade.

Arsenal are fighting all season for a top 4 finish but the Europa League offers a backdoor into the Champions League.

Imagine how serious we would take the Checkatrade if the winner also got promotion.

Only ever seems to be English clubs (with the odd exception) that don't take it seriously.

• They will still go through, only a 2-0 win at home. bit of a shock result but still would fancy them to go through... (famous last words) 
  • Sponsored links:

• They will still go through, only a 2-0 win at home. bit of a shock result but still would fancy them to go through... (famous last words) 
    Agreed.  They'll win comfortably at home if they play their strongest team.
    Just 1 point from their last 5 league games.
    they just look exhausted every time they play lately.
    Waiter in my local is a Slavia fan, reckons they were lucky and that Sevilla will turn them over next week
  • Arsenal and Chelsea both through.
    6 English clubs in the last 16 across the two competitions 

Jovic the difference for Frankfurt in Milan, who would have guessed it would be him?
    Benfica continue to kick themselves over that deal every time he plays.

Jovic on loan to Frankfurt who have the option to buy (and they will, obviously) for the agreed fee of just €7million
    They could get 40 or 50 million the next day if they want it.
  • This Slavia v Seville game is superb. 3-3 in extra time as it stands.
  • what’s the story behind the ridiculous mask and celebration by Aubameyang
  • what’s the story behind the ridiculous mask and celebration by Aubameyang
    https://talksport.com/football/509744/arsenal-news-aubameyang-mask-celebration-man-united/

Just a standard tale of a modern footballer being a knob by the sound of it. 

I think that Ketsbaia bloke for Newcastle kicking the a shite out of an advertising hoarding is the only modem celebration I've approved of.
  • Wow this Prague game 
  • Wow this Prague game 
    :-( 

fair play to them. They will be league champions too. Good for the co-efficient too ( as if I have a clue how that works)
  • Wow this Prague game 
    :-( 

fair play to them. They will be league champions too. Good for the co-efficient too ( as if I have a clue how that works)

@UEFACalculator

Well worth a follow on Twitter for all things co-efficient 

• MrLargo said:
    what’s the story behind the ridiculous mask and celebration by Aubameyang
    https://talksport.com/football/509744/arsenal-news-aubameyang-mask-celebration-man-united/

Just a standard tale of a modern footballer being a knob by the sound of it. 

I think that Ketsbaia bloke for Newcastle kicking the a shite out of an advertising hoarding is the only modem celebration I've approved of.
    Dunno, this one was cool as f**k:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WhimsicalCompleteBluebird-max-1mb.gif