Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Europa League 2018/2019

Comments

• Quiet night at Zenit.

4-0 down from the first leg.
    Go 2-0 up then have a man sent off.
    Manage to get it to 4-0 and go to extra time.
    Concede in the first period so need 2 more.
    Score 4 in the second half of extra time to win 8-1!

Bloody hell. I thought that first leg result was an outlier, but this is something else.

Can't imagine there will be any significant betting patterns around these two ties, nosirree!

Zenith did get 2 penalties
    115th minute and a red card for Minsk
    120th minute

Then scored again in injury time

Very suspicious
    A team from Belarus doing a team from Russia a favour? Surely not!
  • Quiet night at Zenit.

4-0 down from the first leg.
    Go 2-0 up then have a man sent off.
    Manage to get it to 4-0 and go to extra time.
    Concede in the first period so need 2 more.
    Score 4 in the second half of extra time to win 8-1!

Bloody hell. I thought that first leg result was an outlier, but this is something else.

Can't imagine there will be any significant betting patterns around these two ties, nosirree!

Zenith did get 2 penalties
    115th minute and a red card for Minsk
    120th minute

Then scored again in injury time

Very suspicious
    Is there was anything dodgy about the game then Zenit would not have had a man sent off at only 2-0.
  • Rangers arent doing too badly

Been down to 9men in Russia since the 66th minute yet still 2-1 up on agg... One goal from Ufa with mins left though will send it to Extra Time

Been down to 9men in Russia since the 66th minute yet still 2-1 up on agg... One goal from Ufa with mins left though will send it to Extra Time

Well Rangers are into the Group Stages, somehow have survived despite Ufa having a disallowed goal in the 92nd minute

Well Rangers are into the Group Stages, somehow have survived despite Ufa having a disallowed goal in the 92nd minute
    Rangers would have gone through on away goals though, no?

Rangers would have gone through on away goals though, no?
    Yeah sorry they would have... Got my maths wrong from the first leg
  • Reza and APPOEL are out
  • Reza and APPOEL are out

I can see JBG and Pope following them out of the competition as well tonight.
  • Burnley OUT
    Rangers THROUGH
    Celtic THROUGH
  • edited August 2018
    Best thing that could happen for Burnley sadly. They don’t need a pile of extra games. Concentrate on the league. Rangers and Celtic can have a bit of fun with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Best thing that could happen for Burnley sadly. They don’t need a pile of extra games. Concentrate on the league. Rangers and Celtic can have a bit of fun with it.

Just don't get this mentality. If we were ever in that situation I'd be desperate for more games, memorable away trips and a bit of a run. Could be your best days as a fan and something to stick out in the history books for the club.

Honestly don't know why keeping players fit to maintain a place in the 8th-17th Premier League bore zone is so precious to some people.

I agree with you, but TBF he said "sadly". It's unfortunate that English fans think this way, but do not ask themselves why their clubs, uniquely in Europe, have to participate in two domestic cups, one so useless that it can only be sponsored by an energy drink that isn't even on the English market.
  • Best thing that could happen for Burnley sadly. They don’t need a pile of extra games. Concentrate on the league. Rangers and Celtic can have a bit of fun with it.

Just don't get this mentality. If we were ever in that situation I'd be desperate for more games, memorable away trips and a bit of a run. Could be your best days as a fan and something to stick out in the history books for the club.

Honestly don't know why keeping players fit to maintain a place in the 8th-17th Premier League bore zone is so precious to some people.

I agree with you, but TBF he said "sadly". It's unfortunate that English fans think this way, but do not ask themselves why their clubs, uniquely in Europe, have to participate in two domestic cups, one useless that it can only be sponsored by an energy drink that isn't even on the English market.
    Got it in one. I said “sadly” for precisely the reasons @Neal Heaney said. It’s a shame but now that Burnley are on the Premier League bus, they better make sure they stay on. I used to ask myself when we were in the championship why I kept going as the ultimate goal was to get to the Premier league, something I have grown to dislike enormously in the last few years.

I get it 100% and agree, What is the point on a Europe trip if you could struggle for relegation? Burnley were in great danger this season and the longer they are in Europe the harder it would be, their squad is too small. Beginning of the season i thought they my be near the bottom due to 'europe affect', but should be ok as out early now.

As a fan they should understand this really, although its a fantastic achievement and you would like to think they should go for it. Similar to Charlton in the cups these days, we might love a cup run but its not priority.

Exactly, when you're older you want to tell your grandkids about trophies won or some great away trips you had in Europe, no one is going to say "remember that season we finished 12th"
  • Chelsea and Arsenal both in pot 1
    Celtic pot 2 and Rangers in pot 4

https://draw.inker.fun/#/el/gs/2018

Exactly, when you're older you want to tell your grandkids about trophies won or some great away trips you had in Europe, no one is going to say "remember that season we finished 12th"
    I see your points, however if it was a choice of fight relegation/ with a Europa run, or safe mid table finish / go out early? what would you prefer, still the same?

Yes if it were Charlton it would be nice to have a run in Europe but i would prefer the guarantee that Premiership offers, its worth alot more in the short term to the club.

Europa is only really worth it if you can go far and chance of winning it , Arsenal/Man U. Otherwise its a poor mans Europe
  • Concentrate on the league and with a bit of luck and a few good results you might nick 7th and get a spot in the Europa League.
  • Bit of a poor result for English Football Burnley going out to the 3rd best team in Greece. Also agree with the people who don't understand why teams concentrate on the league rather than Europe. What I would give to see Charlton in Europe once never mind make the groups. That's what fans of clubs like ourselves and Burnley dream of surely?
  • a euro trip is something a club of burnleys stature were only likely to get 1 crack at and its shit for the fans - as a fan i would take a euro tour and trying to win it over premier league safety every time.
  • Sponsored links:

• The early start for teams like Burnley who have to play in the early rounds must be a real issue, especially in a World Cup year. They've played 6 European matches this season before Arsenal and Chelsea join
  • i wonder if arsenal are going to walk it again like last season wankers
  • Blimey that's a bit revolutionary, where did you get that idea from!!!!
  • iaitch said:

Blimey that's a bit revolutionary, where did you get that idea from!!!!

The Archangel Blatter came to me in a vision
  • Both Red Bull teams in the same group (with Celtic)
  • WSS said:

Both Red Bull teams in the same group (with Celtic)

Both Red Bull teams? So Charlton and who?
  • Chelsea and Arsenal both in pot 1
    Celtic pot 2 and Rangers in pot 4

https://draw.inker.fun/#/el/gs/2018

I’m one of the weirdos that enjoys a mock draw so this website is awesome...

• WSS said:

Both Red Bull teams in the same group (with Celtic)

Bet there will be a lot of eyes on Leipzig v Salzburg...

Especially if a draw for them were to see them both safely through in place of Celtic