Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Europa League 2018/2019

Comments

• Only just noticed that Dudelange from Luxembourg have gotten into the Group Stages

Thats a damned impressive performance from them, dont think its ever happened before

Olympiacos, Betis and Milan what a group!
  • Only just noticed that Dudelange from Luxembourg have gotten into the Group Stages

Thats a damned impressive performance from them, dont think its ever happened before

Olympiacos, Betis and Milan what a group!
    Yeah dont see them doing a Dundalk and threatening to go even further

To be fair to Luxembourg they do seem to be improving as a National Team as well as they do seem to be getting more points on the board in World Cup and Euros Qualifying these days

People shouldnt be surprised if they qualify for Euro 2020 via. the Nations League Play-Off route as their hardest opponents will be Belarus in Division D yet finished above them in the World Cup Qualifying Group
  • Qarabag v Arsenal will be fun politics

Azerbaijan have no diplomatic relations with Armenia at the moment so Henrikh Mkhitaryan might not be able to play out there
  • Don't understand the Red Bull thing and how it's allowed.

I've read that 'technically' Red Bull no longer own Salzburg and 'only' sponsor them but i can't actually see who does own them and it's clear that Red Bull are involved in everything.

They are called FC Red Bull Salzburg, their stadium is called Red Bull Arena, they play in Red Bull colours and have the Red Bull logo on their shirts and their website is covered in Red Bull advertising.

How can there not possibly be a conflict of interest with Red Bull Leipzig?! If Leipzig need a win when they go to Salzburg in the penultimate group game, it'll be interesting to see what happens.
  • I'm sure UEFA have looked at everything you say and feel it is ok and above board having received an appropriate brown envelope.
  • Flights and hotel booked toVienna for the last Rangers group stage match - let’s hope there’s still something to play for!
  • Decent result for Rangers, 2-2 away at Villarreal

Leipzig already 2-0 down in the “is it or isn’t it a red bull derby”
  • Great opening result for Rangers
  • Means little to me given I'm unable to watch any of it.
  • iainment said:

Means little to me given I'm unable to watch any of it.

Surely choose not to subscribe as others do, would be a more accurate description ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Get in! Don't understand why Griffiths doesn't start every game.
  • se9addick said:

Great opening result for Rangers

Yes indeed... Hate them but have to give them credit.
  • Great result for Dudelange of Luxembourg... First time in the Group Stages of any European Competition yet AC Milan could only beat them 1-0 thanks to Higuain in the 60th min

Dudelange had 42% possession as well so didnt exactly get dominated
  • 9 games in Europe unbeaten this season for Rangers now. Must be a very long time since a Scottish side went that long unbeaten in Europe.
  • 2 early goals in the early kicks.

Both for british clubs away from home

Celtic beating Salzburg
    Arsenal beating Carrier Bag
  • Arsenal beat Carrier Bag 3-0
    And go top with 6 points
    Sporting also have 6 points so next 2 games are gonna be key for top spot you would feel.

Celtic lost to Salzberg
    Sit 3rd in the table on 3 points and with there next 2 games against Leipzig next they need something
  • Next up is

Chelsea against Loic Negos Mol Vidi

Rangers against Fast Vienna

• Loic Nego live on BT Sport who would have guessed that 3 years ago when he lined up against Wigan
  • Loic Nego live on BT Sport who would have guessed that 3 years ago when he lined up against Wigan

Charlton legend.

• Nego booked
  • Sponsored links:

• Nego just created, and missed, two chances to score for Vidi. I realise now where we went wrong. Should have played him as a right-sided attacker.
  • Loic Nego great save by Chelsea keeper.
  • Chelsea beat Vidi 1-0

Rangers beat Fast Vienna 3-1
  • It's all going according to the marketing plan in the Europa League Group B, brought to you by Red Bull.

FFS.
  • Think this is the right place to record that Vlad's plan for Russian domination of football has completely unravelled. In this competition Spartak Moscow have finished bottom of their group. In the UCL last night CSKA finished bottom of their group. As did Lokomotiv, despite, totally inexplicably, being put in Pot 1 with Man City Barcelona and the rest. Zenit are through in the EL, but that's it.

Russia has a population nearly twice as large as the next biggest in the UEFA family.

• As things stand they’ll be dancing in the streets of Red Bull
    Both teams going through from the same group

And 3 seconds later. Rosenberg score to send Celtic 2nd

And 3 seconds later. Rosenberg score to send Celtic 2nd
    Hoping Viktoria draw Celtic, although most Viktoria fans would hope for Arsenal and the chance to welcome Petr Cech home.