Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Europa League 2018/2019

Comments

• Watched the Inter game, they would not have scored if they were still playing now.

Perisic with one of the worst performances I have seen as well.
  • What happens if Arsenal or Chelsea win the Europa regarding Champions league spots ?
    Do we get 5 spots or is 4th knocked in to Europa League or if it’s one of them somehow Spurs get kicked out for being annoying (no offence Johnboy who’s a good egg) just hoping/wondering if that could happen again .
  • If a team win the Europa League but don’t finish top 4 that country get 5 places next year. They changed it a while back to ease confusion. 
    However...if both the Europa League and Champions League are won by teams that don’t make the top 4....then it gets confusing. Lol
  • Spain and England have both had 5 teams in the Champions League in the last few years. If both competitions are won by teams outside the qualifying places then the lowest ranked team would drop to Europa League. 
    5 is the max so in the Premier Leagues case if United win the CL and Arsenal won the EL and both teams finish 5th and 6th they would both qualify for the Champions League and 4th place would go to Europa League
    veey unlikely  though
  • Spain and England have both had 5 teams in the Champions League in the last few years. If both competitions are won by teams outside the qualifying places then the lowest ranked team would drop to Europa League. 
    5 is the max so in the Premier Leagues case if United win the CL and Arsenal won the EL and both teams finish 5th and 6th they would both qualify for the Champions League and 4th place would go to Europa League
    veey unlikely  though
    Ok so that’s the scenario I’m looking for with Spurs 4th 👿

Sorry johnboy*
  • Thought Arsenal were a little fortunate yesterday. They started well - Rennes set up wrong and gave them too much space to build. But after the first 30 minutes Rennes got tighter on them in midfield and looked like they might get back in it.
  • Rennes were embarrassing. one of the biggest days in the clubs history and the players play like that. so slow, gave the ball away and overall were shocking. they seemed just pleased to be at the Emirates. Arsenal weren't up too much either and gave the ball away to them on numerous occasions. problem is Rennes players gave it straight back to them.
  • Arsenal v Napoli
    Villarreal v Valencia
    Benfica v Frankfurt
    Slavia Prague v Chelsea
  • Napoli were drawn at home but Arsenal and Chsea cant be home on same day so Arsenal will have 1st leg at home
  • Arsenal v Napoli
    Villarreal v Valencia

Slavia Prague v Chelsea
    Benfica v Eintracht Frankfurt

Are the two halves of the Europa League draw... Chelsea definitely got the easier route to the Final
  • Sponsored links:

• Semi Final draw

Arsenal/Napoli v Villarreal/Valencia
    Benfica/Frankfurt v Slavia Prague/Chelsea
  • So all english final is possie
  • vffvff
    edited March 2019
    Napoli are a pretty decent team. Arsenal are good in patches. Not seeing Arsenal get past Napoli. Chelsea Napoli final. Napoli to win it.
  • Arsenal beating Napoli
  • 2-0 Arsenal
  • They look good tonight. Before ko i thought Napoli would do a job on them
  • edited April 2019
    Arsenal will want a few goals here. They’re dreadful away from London.

Really surprised Ancelotti has left Milik on the bench tonight. Plays most games usually and has a really strong partnership with Mertens lately.
  • I havent seen much serie A this season as its no longer on BT but over the last few years watching them i have really enjoyed watching them and wanted them to win something. Obviously they are way behind Juve but still 2nd, anyone that watches this season how are they compared to last season? Is Ancelotti the right man? Is he getting any stick from the press in Italy?
  • Napoli are very much best of the rest this season. Juventus running away and Ronaldo only added to that. The press have made less of a deal of the gap because of Ronaldos arrival.

They play different to under Sarri but still pleasing on the eye. Milik has been used a lot more under Carlo and has more than deserved his starts. 16 goals in 28 games so far. He only got 5 goals in each of his previous seasons with half the starts.
  • How did Zielinski miss that
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers Steve. Mertens is a player i rate really high and im glad Milik is getting more games he is another that i think is going to get better and better. Would not be surprised to see either end up playing in England but hope Napoli keep them and try and push on and win Serie A
  • I think Allan will be a big miss in the middle for Napoli next season if the deal with PSG is confirmed.
  • Chelsea score a late away goal. Could be 2 London sides in the semis
  • Good hat trick from that Felix kid.
  • Given how poor Arsenal are away, that tie is still not over, but can't believe that Napoli miss in the second half. Although Ramsey also missed a good chance.
    Think Arsenal will need to score in Naples as i'm sure Napoli will score at least twice.

Valencia and Chelsea are pretty much through.

Frankfurt have a chance if they can score early.

Still a good chance of an all-English final though.
    Amazing how Porto and Benfica continue to churn out these talents year after year. Pretty sure they're both amongst the top 3-4 clubs with the highest transfer income over the last decade.

Felix didn't make his debut until this season, isn't 20 until November and has 15 goals from midfield. He won't be there long.
  • went last night on a freebie, usual emirates atmosphere - none existent apart from the napoli fans, stunk of weed in the stadium and on the tube after some gobby fucker coating off every arsenal fan he could " ive seen us lose 3-0 away and better fucking atmosphere than this look at you all you would think someone had died you c***s, i've travelled up from kent to watch us stand quietly no atmosphere , were in the semis now"

what a toby - thank god i support a decent team just cannot imagine that sort of carry on at charlton. 
    Amazing how Porto and Benfica continue to churn out these talents year after year. Pretty sure they're both amongst the top 3-4 clubs with the highest transfer income over the last decade.

Felix didn't make his debut until this season, isn't 20 until November and has 15 goals from midfield. He won't be there long.
    Reminds me a bit of a young Aguero, maybe just the haircut though!!

and Sporting Lisbon too. Mind you, have you ever been on a Portuguese beach, away from the tourist areas? They are all playing football there. And I wouldn't have dared to join in, even if I were 30 years younger!

I sat there watching them, mesmerised, and reflected that the next stop across the sea is Brazil, where the language is Portuguese. Romantic, I know but some truth there, I feel.

and Sporting Lisbon too. Mind you, have you ever been on a Portuguese beach, away from the tourist areas? They are all playing football there. And I wouldn't have dared to join in, even if I were 30 years younger!

I sat there watching them, mesmerised, and reflected that the next stop across the sea is Brazil, where the language is Portuguese. Romantic, I know but some truth there, I feel.
    It sure beats laying down with a benson and a stella!