Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gig spy

Comments

• Pretenders at Hammersmith tonight.

Shouldn't this be on the tribute bands thread?
  • edited October 2017

Pretenders at Hammersmith tonight.

Chrissie Hynde is still there & I still love her and Martin Chambers returned. So 2 of the original 4.

Chrissie Hynde is still there & I still love her.
    Whoosh

Chrissie Hynde is still there & I still love her.
    Whoosh
    I'm still whooshed.
  • Last day of Glasgow Americana today. 7 gigs in 5 days and 20+ acts. I've really enjoyed it.

@Covered End Did you see The Rails? I really like them and James Walbourne is a brilliant guitarist as you'll have seen with The Pretenders
  • Saw The Naked and The Famous at Brixton Electric last Tuesday. They're a really good band and the venue is half decent too.
  • addickson said:

Pretenders at Hammersmith tonight.

@Covered End Did you see The Rails? I really like them and James Walbourne is a brilliant guitarist as you'll have seen with The Pretenders
    I'll see them tonight, as they are the support.
  • I saw/spoke to Angela Eagle in Wetherspoons beforehand, she was with her sister Maria and a few others.
    She then turned out to be just in front of me at the gig and she got a kiss off Chrissie Hynde (jealous or what).

I thought The Rails were as bland as bland could be. I had to go and get a beer as I couldn't suffer anymore.

The Pretenders were superb especially Chrissie. Her voice still perfect and she absolutely rocked (much to my surprise, I was fearing it might have been a bit lame). 8/10.

We're back to the same venue tonight for Ricky Gervais. I have a spare if anyone is interested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Squeeze at the Bournemouth Pavilion.
    Cracking gig, really enjoyed it.
  • Squeeze at the Bournemouth Pavilion.

@guinnessaddick , myself and a few others seeing them at Indigo O2 on Saturday. Looking forward to it.
  • TelMc32 said:

Squeeze at the Bournemouth Pavilion.

@guinnessaddick , myself and a few others seeing them at Indigo O2 on Saturday. Looking forward to it.
    It'll be busy then as we're seeing Micky Flanagan at the O2.
  • Saw The Amazons last week, who were really good. Support band The Pale White also impressed.

Next up is INHEAVEN tonight. Great little band and worth checking if you like your rock/indie stuff!
  • Can't believe no one else was at the Stoner Vs DOOOOOOOOM festival the other week in Sheffield.....
  • Three gigs in ten days with one more to come next week - not bad for an old git. Quite a different mix.

Train at Eventim Apollo - always a good live act
    London Grammar at Brixton Academy - amazing voice
    Clean Bandit at Eventim Apollo - just great to watch - how they have come on since I saw them at the Concorde 2 in Brighton with a couple of hundred people a couple of years ago

Next week: Francois and the Atlas Mountains!
  • Curved air at mick jagger hall tonight.
  • Just done october
    Gary Numan =Southend
    Tears For Fears= Royal Albert Hall
    OMD=southend
    Next up this month
    Wolfgang Fluer=London
    OMD =Roundhouse.
    All cracking nights except Tears For Fears ,all the hits but a lot of fillers
  • Saw the Jesus & Mary Chain on Saturday night - some much needed malice, venom & sleaze as opposed to the ubiquitos white-dreadlocked, hippy-dippy, bongo based folky crap most bands peddle in Canada.

A few days before The JAMC - an EXCELLENT Canadian band called The Deep Dark Woods - gothic country ballads, new album Yarrow is one of the best of the year...
  • Belinda Carlisle - indigo 2 - 7/10
    Icicle works - Islington - 8/10
    Hall and Oates - O2 - 9/10
  • Sponsored links:

• Just got back to the hotel... Bloody superb gig tonight from galley beggar and curved air.
  • Going to see Caravan next week... In the land of grey and pink
  • ashley said:

Belinda Carlisle - indigo 2 - 7/10
    Icicle works - Islington - 8/10
    Hall and Oates - O2 - 9/10

Saw the Icicle Works so many times in the mid-late 80s. Brilliant live band. Always seemed to find myself front right, getting my ears blasted by Understanding Jane & bouncing around like a loon!!! :smile:

Still good @ashley ?
  • Icicle Works - yes they were good . Played two sets separated by a twenty minute break . Understanding Jane well received .Ian McNabb seemed to have issues with tuning his guitar before every song but the talent is still there .His keyboard player was outstanding particularly on a long rambling story telling number at the end called something like " come to the window Clarabella " . Think that might be on a recent album that they are pushing . They signed autographs and chatted with the audience in the foyer at the end . Very enjoyable evening . Last time that I saw them was at University in 1986 brought back happy memories .
  • I saw The Undertones at Koko on Friday, out of curiosity tbh.
    They were very decent, but I can't get overly excited about live music that is 40 years old. 7/10.
  • Off to the 02 on Wednesday to see Depeche Mode.

£80 a ticket says they better rattle off the old stuff.
  • Off to the 02 on Wednesday to see Depeche Mode.

£80 a ticket says they better rattle off the old stuff.

They did at the ahem "London Stadium" in the summer.
  • I saw The Undertones on Thursday at the Concorde 2 in Brighton, thought it was fantastic, I saw it as getting excited all over again Covered End. Also a couple if weeks ago, Penetration in Lewes. Great to be able to relive my youth in this way.
  • Tom Robinson on 8th December .Quite interested to see how committed he will be . Always thought that he was well up for it when playing gigs in the early 80 s everyone delivered seemingly as if he was concerned it might be his last .Shame that his original guitarist Danny Kustow doesn't seem to be involved any more .