Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gig spy

Comments

• TelMc32 said:

Got tickets to see The Killers at the O2.

Got first call on the firm's box for these :smiley:
    Thought about that, wasn't sure if you could. If you have any spare spaces let me know.
  • The Alarm tonight. Excellent show, although it's really just Mike Peters and a band, as opposed to Mike Peters solo.

One of the few frontmen who can really work a crowd.
  • was at u2 supported by noel gallagher saturday night at croke park, we was up in the gods, similar sort of height to top tier at wembley, was amazing, the only dissapointment was noel gallagher doing wonderwall and a woman in front of me genuinely reading a book, most there werent fussed with noel so was quite empty for him.
  • if there are any Kenny Wayne Shepherd fans on here who live up north (don't all shout at once), I have a ticket for the Picturedrome, Holmfirth for next Sunday, I can't make it and I am pretty pissed off about the fact .. free to a good home
  • Kasabian at Reading BBC4 tonight 22.30-midnight.
  • Real treat on Wednesday evening when I saw Wolf Alice play at a small venue in Tunbridge Wells - around 250 there. First rate gig.
  • Oakster said:

Just done a 2 day festival in California - some of my favourite bands - Beachwood Sparks, Tyde, Gospelbeach, Heron Oblivion, Allah-Las, Robin Hitchcock, Galaxie 500 all set in a beauriful a vineyard in Sonoma.

GospelbeacH and Miranda Lee Richards with Gerry Love DJ'ing at Mono tonight :smiley:
  • Kasabian at Reading BBC4 tonight 22.30-midnight.

Announced two O2 gigs this afternoon. Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd December. Will be trying to get along to one of those.
  • TelMc32 said:

Kasabian at Reading BBC4 tonight 22.30-midnight.

Announced two O2 gigs this afternoon. Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd December. Will be trying to get along to one of those.
    Yes, I'm trying for Friday as I'm seeing The Kooks at Wembley Arena on the Saturday.
  • addickson said:

Oakster said:

Just done a 2 day festival in California - some of my favourite bands - Beachwood Sparks, Tyde, Gospelbeach, Heron Oblivion, Allah-Las, Robin Hitchcock, Galaxie 500 all set in a beauriful a vineyard in Sonoma.

GospelbeacH and Miranda Lee Richards with Gerry Love DJ'ing at Mono tonight :smiley:
    Wow, just wow - thanks @Oakster for turning me on to GospelbeacH - just fantastic!! :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• TelMc32 said:

Got two for the Friday.

Also got tickets yesterday for Stereophonics at the winter gardens in Margate on Saturday week.
  • TelMc32 said:

Got two for the Friday.

Also got tickets yesterday for Stereophonics at the winter gardens in Margate on Saturday week.
    Yep, going on the Friday.
  • Joe Bonamassa .. but not until next March
  • Lacuna Coil tonight.
  • TelMc32 said:

Got two for the Friday.

Got 6 for the Friday...going to be a little messy!!!! :smile:
  • Foo fighters at the O2 tonight. Can't wait!!
  • edited September 2017
    The o2 arena appear to be fighting the good fight against touts & resale sites. They're checking ids on the way into the venue. If you're not with the named ticket holder, they've been turning people away
  • The o2 arena appear to be fighting the good fight against touts & resale sites. They're checking ids on the way into the venue. If you're not with the named ticket holder, they've been turning people away

Not great, if you got tickets as a gift.
  • edited September 2017

The o2 arena appear to be fighting the good fight against touts & resale sites. They're checking ids on the way into the venue. If you're not with the named ticket holder, they've been turning people away

Not great, if you got tickets as a gift.
    Yeah I agree with that. Saw a few people getting turned away who said the tickets were bought for them as birthday presents etc. Obviously those are issues that need to be ironed out , but I think anything that can help see touts & resale sites go out of business is a step in the right direction
  • addickson said:

addickson said:

Oakster said:

Wow, just wow - thanks @Oakster for turning me on to GospelbeacH - just fantastic!! :smiley:
    @addickson slowest response to a comment ever from me - glad you enjoyed them, great band, Brent is a really nice guy & I havent heard a better album in a long time!
  • Sponsored links:

• The Sadies tomorrow night in snowy (yes! already) Canmore

Best Canadian band by a country kilometer.
  • Richard Thompson at Cadogan Hall Sloane Square on Monday 23rd October at 7-30pm.
    Rhttps://www.cadoganhall.com/event/richard-thompson-171023/
  • Also getting tickets for The Jesus & Mary Chain in Calgary next month - neck & neck with Teenage Fanclub for the band I have seem most often...
  • Roger Waters at TD Garden, Boston on Wednesday night. Just happen to be here on business!
  • Saw LCD Soundsystem on Friday night, they were bloody incredible!
  • Roger Waters at TD Garden, Boston on Wednesday night. Just happen to be here on business!

@thai malaysia addick I'm @ the Gahden tonight for the hockey. I hope you been saving up to buy a beer. They do like to overcharge.
  • I saw Explosions in the Sky at a small theatre here in Eugene on Thursday night. I still remember buying their first album, 15 years ago next month. They've been one of my absolute favorite ever since, but I'd never seen them live until Thursday.

They were absolutely incredible. They have such a fantastic understanding of quiet and build-up and crescendo that's symphonic.

@thai malaysia addick I'm @ the Gahden tonight for the hockey. I hope you been saving up to buy a beer. They do like to overcharge.
    Thanks for that tip, @SomervilleAddick, I'll drink beer mostly before and after then.

Thanks for that tip, @SomervilleAddick, I'll drink beer mostly before and after then.
    That's what I do.
  • I have my tickets for the Mark Lanagan Band. Im enjoying his new album and I think his gig at a small wolverhampton venue will be good old fashioned sweaty rock n roll.