Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options
    ashley said:

Tom Robinson on 8th December .Quite interested to see how committed he will be . Always thought that he was well up for it when playing gigs in the early 80 s everyone delivered seemingly as if he was concerned it might be his last .Shame that his original guitarist Danny Kustow doesn't seem to be involved any more .

They were a great passionate band in those days. Terrific debut album.

Always amusing to see so many straight guys singing along with ‘Sing if you’re glad to be gay’
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

ashley said:

Tom Robinson on 8th December .Quite interested to see how committed he will be . Always thought that he was well up for it when playing gigs in the early 80 s everyone delivered seemingly as if he was concerned it might be his last .Shame that his original guitarist Danny Kustow doesn't seem to be involved any more .

Always amusing to see so many straight guys singing along with ‘Sing if you’re glad to be gay’
    Yes absolutely ! I think that they will be showcasing that first album .havent heard Up against the Wall , Dont take no for an answer, Power in the Darkness or Grey Cortina for years . Looking forward to it .

Got caned at school for spray painting the TRB clenched fist on the sports hall wall . That first album had a cardboard stencil designed just for that purpose !

• Options
    ashley said:

stonemuse said:

ashley said:

Yes absolutely ! I think that they will be showcasing that first album .havent heard Up against the Wall , Dont take no for an answer, Power in the Darkness or Grey Cortina for years . Looking forward to it .

Got caned at school for spray painting the TRB clenched fist on the sports hall wall . That first album had a cardboard stencil designed just for that purpose !

Did that same stencil against one of the walls outside the Valley :smile:
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

ashley said:

stonemuse said:

ashley said:

Did that same stencil against one of the walls outside the Valley :smile:
    It's at a venue called Nell's Jazz and Blues club in West Kensington . Get down there and enjoy it . It's a Friday evening I think .
  • Options
    Got 2 tickets for Kasabian for Fri 1st Dec, not going to be able to use them.

Block 104 £55 each, face value. PM if you are interested.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Saw The Killers last night. Thought Brandon's voice was a bit ropey, but a great show and he's definitely an entertainer. Not a bad support act in Juanita Stein, who was with Howling Bells.

Two things I didn't get...the Mexican wave early on and the hundreds who leave a gig before the end. Many of them before the encore missing several more tracks including Mr Brightside. People moan about the cost of tickets and then walk out! I'm sure a few Charlton fans did the same tonight!!!

Was also there and also confused by Mexican wave. Refused to join in when it came past me!

Great night and a great play list, Ronnie a demon on drums as always.

Seeing the queue for the tube station when I finally left, I think may explain why some leave early. When I saw The Killers at Wembley I left early to avoid missing the last train. They always play Mr Brightside last so I knew what I'd be missing.
  • Options
    Wilma said:

TelMc32 said:

Saw The Killers last night. Thought Brandon's voice was a bit ropey, but a great show and he's definitely an entertainer. Not a bad support act in Juanita Stein, who was with Howling Bells.

Two things I didn't get...the Mexican wave early on and the hundreds who leave a gig before the end. Many of them before the encore missing several more tracks including Mr Brightside. People moan about the cost of tickets and then walk out! I'm sure a few Charlton fans did the same tonight!!!

Was also there and also confused by Mexican wave. Refused to join in when it came past me!

Seeing the queue for the tube station when I finally left, I think may explain why some leave early. When I saw The Killers at Wembley I left early to avoid missing the last train. They always play Mr Brightside last so I knew what I'd be missing.
    The way to avoid the queue for the tube is to walk around the station on the left and walk in the front.

As for the Mexico wave, I raised a finger to it.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    TelMc32 said:

Im presuming they leave early because of trains ? I live near hitchin and london trains home leave at 10.30 pm and the next one is 6am... and that for a 1hr journey.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Wilma said:

TelMc32 said:

The way to avoid the queue for the tube is to walk around the station on the left and walk in the front.

As for the Mexico wave, I raised a finger to it.
    The other way to avoid the queue (I was there Monday night), is to go for a pee when they exit stage before the encore, come back in towards the back near the main entrance/exit, watch/listen to the last few songs, then be one of the first to exit at the end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlatans at Brixton last night.

There were as good as ever. The only disappointments were the lack of rendition of “How High” - and the Temples set having to be cut short
  • Options
    I saw Kasabian at the O2 last Friday & The Kooks at Wembley Arena last Saturday. I actually preferred The Kooks, possibly because I've seen Kasabian too many times.
  • Options
    Bit of a way off but got tickets for The Cure in Hyde park in July.
    They are playing a 2 hr set plus a good line up - Interpol, Editors, Goldfrapp
  • Options
    bbob said:

2 hours is actually very short for them!
  • Options
    Editors are quality live.
  • Options
    bbob said:

The trouble is it clashes with the World Cup. I looked it up and think it was a last 16 game(s).
  • Options
    Went to see Queen at the O2 on Tuesday night. It was a great show and that Adam Lambert has a fantastic voice.

Down side was May’s solo which is the second time I’ve heard it and the second time I wished I hadn’t. It sounded like me playing e-guitar listening to myself using ear phones and stoned out of my tree thinking I’m the dogs bollocks but realistically it’s shyte and should never be played to anyone.
    Taylor is looking old and I think starting to struggle with the drums. When he sang solo, it sounded in parts, like the old geezer singing down the pub after a few brown ales.

All in all a good night’s entertainment.

• Options
    One of the best things about staying near Glasgow is Celtic Connections - a 3 week festival in January that straddles folk, world, Americana, and everything in between. Took a punt on Jupiter & Okwess on Saturday night and so glad I did - a joyous night of African music. Caught the magical Underhill Rose tonight and have another 5 gigs to look forward to over the next fortnight but could easily do 2 gigs a day if money was no object
  • Options
    I saw British Sea Power at Koko last night; it’s about the tenth time that I have seen them. It was undoubtedly one of their best shows. Unlike Charlton, they finished strongly and sent the audience home happy.
  • Options
    A gig of sorts. I went to the Classic Rock Show at The Orchard on Monday night. Thought it was very good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could someone pm me if they have a spare standing ticket for Paul Weller next month.
  • Options
    Making a dash from AFC for the Weller gig. Been a while & looking forward to it. Then Bad Manners in April.
  • Options
    I saw Wild Beasts' final show ever at the Eventim Apollo on Saturday night before their amicable separation. They put on a really special show. I'm surprised they almost filled the place but people had travelled from all over the place to see their final performance. It's always strange seeing a band at a big full venue having seen them with one man and a dog watching them.
  • Options
    Off to see Morrissey at London Palladium March 10th
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Off to see Morrissey at London Palladium March 10th

We're seeing Morrisey on Friday 9th at Alexander Palace.
    Annoyingly he's now playing Brixton on March 1st.
  • Options
    Saw The Charlatans tonight at Lille Vega in Copenhagen. They were brilliant. The newer stuff was pretty decent too.