Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England squad

Comments

• Talal said:

What is happening here?! It's the mismatching socks I tell thee

I was wondering that. The Germans must also be rigid with disgust
  • I tell ya what it's only a friendly but what a confidence and belief boost from coming back.

Great stuff.
  • What do England keep signing on repeat?
  • Wow. There is going to be some horrible optimism now but how good were we?
  • I know it was only a friendly, can't believe what I've just seen, 2-0 down against the world champions, fantastic match.
  • vffvff
    edited March 2016
    F-T 3-2 England. Great game. Great pace in the team, worked hard, excellent goals, lots of pace. Great to have some goal scorers in the team. Pleased for Alli as well, who doesn't have to worry about missing that chance.
  • At last. An entertaining friendly involving England.
    Roy got the tactics spot on when we went 2-0 down.
    Jose, take note!
  • Between Rose and Dier as MOTM for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tutt-Tutt said:

I'm interested to see what Henderson offers. Running about a lot isn't enough at international level.

I hope we see Kane & Vardy as a front two at some stage.

Germany 4-2-3-1. England 4-3-3.

Thanks Roy. Now leave them there. Just need to sort out the B4 now.
  • iainment said:

Does that mean the Scots think we're world champs?

No, Uruguay are:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unofficial_Football_World_Championships
  • What a win. First time I've enjoyed watching England in a long while. Have to say though, even more pleasing than the win was the performance and style of football, tiki-taka at moments. There's no reason why this current group can't go on to be a real danger come Russia 2018.
  • iainment said:

No, Uruguay are:

I'm alluding to 67 home championship.
  • At last. An entertaining friendly involving England.
    Roy got the tactics spot on when we went 2-0 down.
    Jose, take note!

Yep. 4-4-2 Diamond, with Barkley in behind Kane & Vardy.
  • Laddick01 said:

Between Rose and Dier as MOTM for me.

Has to be Alli with those two in close contention behind, a missed chance happens in football.

Rare for a friendly to make someone happy, but this one will do that - shows potential in young players playing with real real confidence. Something England have never really toyed with in the past, just stuck to the 'big teams' players.
  • Best England performance I have seen in years, well done to all involved!!
  • At 2-0 Germany I feared a rout. Three quality goals and some great play gave us a memorable win.
  • First time in 40 years that England have won 3-2 after being 2-0 down....and its against Germany...get in!!!
  • CAFCsayer said:

I'm on 2-2 at 12s before the game and jumped on England to win at 90/1 just before we scored the first so ze Germans are bound to score! We look mustard!

Get in! I'm gonna throw it out there and say that we're going to win the Euros!
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:

iainment said:

No, Uruguay are:

I'm alluding to 67 home championship.
    So was I.
  • Lots to like. Germany may have had a goal disallowed but Alli missed an open goal so that equaled that a bit. Some decent players will not make the squad though. Always nice to beat Germany!
  • Bit of a result on the betting as well, cashed out when Germany went 2-0 up, cashed out when England came back at 2-2, and took the England win at the end...nice one!!
  • Horses came up today as well, anyone would think its my birthday.....oh it is!!!! The grand age of 61 has been reached today and the bookies have been kind to me....thanks lads!!!

Happy birthday RM!
  • Fantastic win! We are much better at football without the likes of Rooney (sorry,I know he's been good and is all time England top scorer) sterling, etc
  • I picked the right night to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with no TV and the flakiest internet :-( Great result, hope the youngsters take a lot of belief into the Euros.
  • Fantastic performance.

Delighted for the travelling fans who have been an absolute credit to us - extremely loud throughout.

We've got the cream out there

• ChiAddick said:

What do England keep signing on repeat?

I was wondering that too. Does anyone know?

• Kane really is the real deal!